Staying in School

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying in School

Any tips for students struggling to stay in school (uni/college)? What do you do if you go to a school where you don't know anybody, don't connect with anybody in the MSA/ISOC, don't have any friends you can have study sessions with for classes? How do you focus on school and beat loneliness?

Re: Staying in School

:salams:

I just carried on with my studies. It wasn't a big deal for me but I was looking forward to finishing it.

Make sure you do well and concentrate on your studies because it's about 'me, myself and I', think about your future.
    If you are getting lonely and depressed over it then make an effort to introduce yourself to people that come across decent. If you keep to yourself others might think you don't want their company.

You might be surprised how different they are from what you thought of them before knowing them.

I was a complete loner in my college years and I enjoyed it (lol) but my issues were more to do with being an outcast because of my skin colour.

Stay in college for your benefit. How about students the year above or below you? Age doesn't matter when it comes to friendship.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

During the final year of my degree I had to handle a lot on my own and didn't really connect with anyone in my class. What happened was all the others in the class knew each other for two years whereas I was new there but it was okay alhamdullilah. I managed to complete my studies and get my qualifications. If you can't find friends at the college/uni, then look outside of there such as the local mosque or community centre or that sort of thing.

I think it's important to get on with fellow students in your class even if they're not exactly friends and don't hang out with you. If you're on amicable terms then they don't mind if you ask them about a lecturer changing the time of the next class etc and a few might feel comfortable enough to add you on facebook so that helps break the ice.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by guest80 View Post
        Any tips for students struggling to stay in school (uni/college)? What do you do if you go to a school where you don't know anybody, don't connect with anybody in the MSA/ISOC, don't have any friends you can have study sessions with for classes? How do you focus on school and beat loneliness?
        Believe me being popular is worse, more distractions, more fights, more back stabbing and less studying. Better be alone than in a group of mates. Focus on studying and work hard on achieving the highest grade..
        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
        Guide me on your path to your janna,
        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Working...
        X