Should I treat my friend as a landlord from now on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I treat my friend as a landlord from now on

My friends back from holiday. Whilst away she locked her room, so that I couldn't get in it. Well, despite loving the security of knowing no one can get in your room I left my room open, with everything in it, only to come home and find that she locked hers.

Clearly I'm not trusted, and this hurts me deeply. Should I give up on our friendship and just treat her as my landlord, because I can't be pretend, and it shows in my interactions with her.

I feel super sad.

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Re: Should I treat my friend as a landlord from now on

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
    Go away, don't you gave some cat to walk, or some newspapers to read.
    Don't you have a husband to cook for?

Leave a comment:

• bismillaah
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    You've still got us sis.
    Go away, don't you gave some cat to walk, or some newspapers to read.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

something extremely complicated happened last night

i get out the house super early, so i left early. Knowing i have my valuables in my room and all my documents, I still risked it all, and left it open. I come home, she locked hers. Well this morning I locked my room- felt super happy all day knowing no no 1 can get in my room and my valuables are safe, but sad we had ruin our friendship over this. we gonna have 2 locked rooms in a house and no friendship. :(
    You've still got us sis.

Leave a comment:

• bismillaah
    replied

something extremely complicated happened last night

i get out the house super early, so i left early. Knowing i have my valuables in my room and all my documents, I still risked it all, and left it open. I come home, she locked hers. Well this morning I locked my room- felt super happy all day knowing no no 1 can get in my room and my valuables are safe, but sad we had ruin our friendship over this. we gonna have 2 locked rooms in a house and no friendship. :(

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

No matter how good the friend is, I still wouldn't want them rooting around my stuff in my absence. No big deal, just take it easy. Her action was normal.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
    Shots fired
    I'll get a neg rep, get called uncle and that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Make a stance and find somewhere else to live...doesn't your husband have any ideas?
    Shots fired

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

My friends back from holiday. Whilst away she locked her room, so that I couldn't get in it. Well, despite loving the security of knowing no one can get in your room I left my room open, with everything in it, only to come home and find that she locked hers.

Clearly I'm not trusted, and this hurts me deeply. Should I give up on our friendship and just treat her as my landlord, because I can't be pretend, and it shows in my interactions with her.

I feel super sad.
    Make a stance and find somewhere else to live...doesn't your husband have any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• EenieMeanie
    replied

Sis, your friend probably didn't even think anything of it. It's common practice for people to lock their doors if they know they will be away for a long time.

Perhaps you are happy with keeping your door open but that is your standard and it is not fair to expect everyone to be just like you.

If it is really affecting you and you can't figure this out on your own, perhaps talk to her about it in a non-accusatory way. Start your sentences with "I feel..." rather than "You did..." e.g. "I feel like I'm not trusted". InshaAllah, you can resolve this and hopefully you'll see this for the non-issue that it is.

Nice of her to take you in - make dua for your host :up:

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

I feel super sad.
    I dont know why you're complaining, she has every right to lock away what is hers.....she is also doing you a favor...imagine she came back and something went missing, she would immediately blame you as you're the only one in the house so she is saving you from being looked upon with suspicion........you're definitely in the wrong here.....maybe you dont have valuables or your personality is open but the rest of us would lock away our things.......

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

your reading too much into this
    if i had a flatmate no matter how much i liked or trusted him id still probably lock my room whilst on holiday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X