Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

who wears an abaya indoors in front of their husband :rotfl:
    The men don't even have to do much except make sure they are clean, clothes are clean etc
    Sisters have a bit more to do but it should come naturally to them. I don't understand why some (men and women) don't make an effort, it's not that difficult.
    What's described in the OP sounds like a nightmare, puts me off marriage all together.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
      I know sisters who wear the abaya as a cover over to hide the monstrosities underneath and a head covering to cover the greasy mess that hasnt been washed in weeks
      You sure they were sisters or trolls?

FTR I think everyone makes an effort as part of survival. It's sort of instincts to want to look & feel presentable. I don't think people wear hijab out of laziness. We wear it because we're Muslims.
      And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Cleanliness is part of our religion and so is beautifying ourselves in front of our spouses...but tell me how do you jump from this to putting a question mark on people's intentions? I really don't see the correlation between these two things. As Muslims we judge by the apparent. If we see a sister who is covered up, we should assume that she's doing it for the sake of Allah, and the same goes for brothers who are following the sunnah. Wallah you'd think husn adhan is a strange concept to grasp these days. And for the record, there is nothing 'lazy' about the sunnah..

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
          You sure they were sisters or trolls?

FTR I think everyone makes an effort as part of survival. It's sort of instincts to want to look & feel presentable. I don't think people wear hijab out of laziness. We wear it because we're Muslims.
          I am sure majority do, but its the same with brothers. Often a shalwar kameez becomes the go to attire due to being fat rather than for religious reasons, and some sleep in it then get up and go

A local mullah who I did work for I used to see before the work dressed in nice thobe etc but realised he just put it on what he was wearing underneath which he basically slept in.

Comment

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
            How can you possibly know what the parson's intention is ? Did they inform you?
            firstly we dont judge by intentions, we judge by the apparent

The apparent in some cases is no prayer, no religious lifestyle as such but wearing certain clothing

Look in the pakistani culture and see how many pakistani men now wear shalwaar kameez. usually because they are fat or its cheap to get them sown from back home

I have been sat in mosques, for when a person died, and witnessed first hand men and women in Islamic attire, so women with abaya and headscarf and men in shalwaar kameez or thobe. When the prayer has entered they have not got up to pray. Even hidden in the kitchen area
            some of these i know personally so the excuse maybe a woman has isnt the issue as they do it all the time and i know they dont pray

similarly brothers and sisters have a nice abaya/thobe and make up etc but stink when walking past

Comment

I still can't get over the fact OP wears chinos :/
              ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
              U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
                whats wrong with chinos?

They are not skinny chinos, more combat ones

have to say I did used to like fashion and had the whole CK, versace etc when it wasnt the norm. and aftershave etc. still indulge in the halal eau de toilette tbh

Comment

whats wrong with chinos?

have to say I did used to like fashion and had the whole CK, versace etc when it wasnt the norm. and aftershave etc. still indulge in the halal eau de toilette tbh
                  :rotfl:
                  ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                  :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

I am sure majority do, but its the same with brothers. Often a shalwar kameez becomes the go to attire due to being fat rather than for religious reasons, and some sleep in it then get up and go

A local mullah who I did work for I used to see before the work dressed in nice thobe etc but realised he just put it on what he was wearing underneath which he basically slept in.

whoah

absolutely disgusting, gift them a nice gel?

Maybe get Mrsnonameaunty to buy soap and glory BODY SCRUB, the brown sugar one is the BEST one, I'm not usually a big fan of soap and glory, it's overrated but this one is booootiful so she can hand it over to the non washable folks.

I wear salwaar kameez because I am just a pure desi girl

Nothing beats it, I look forward to coming home and putting a nice dress on.
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

lol

it's because his an uncle

uncles wear longhis

That's how we Bengalis roll woooo

:wacko:
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

firstly we dont judge by intentions, we judge by the apparent

The apparent in some cases is no prayer, no religious lifestyle as such but wearing certain clothing

Look in the pakistani culture and see how many pakistani men now wear shalwaar kameez. usually because they are fat or its cheap to get them sown from back home

I have been sat in mosques, for when a person died, and witnessed first hand men and women in Islamic attire, so women with abaya and headscarf and men in shalwaar kameez or thobe. When the prayer has entered they have not got up to pray. Even hidden in the kitchen area
                        some of these i know personally so the excuse maybe a woman has isnt the issue as they do it all the time and i know they dont pray

similarly brothers and sisters have a nice abaya/thobe and make up etc but stink when walking past
                        I feel a bit vomitish after reading that

some make up stinks on your skin, it's past it's use date and yeh covering up grease/blemishes/ or general dirt is never a good idea

gift them soap or powder from the 99p store, cheap and cheerful

everyone is happy :inlove:

Comment

AsSalaamu Alaikum.

Alhamdulillah I wear thobes in a lot of my daily life and at home for Salaah. I make an effort to perfume even my normal clothes at home and apply attar to the beard every morning also.

Alhamdulillah I have not encountered what you have mentioned.

Comment

whats wrong with chinos?

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            lol

it's because his an uncle

uncles wear longhis

That's how we Bengalis roll woooo

:wacko:
                            The second line of Ya'sin's post answers your question. When I think of chinos I think of young men wearing ridiculously coloured trousers and thinking it's cool. I can't picture a man of nonameakhi's age with the same religious viewpoints waltzing around in red chinos. It's like trying to picture an elephant wearing a tutu. The two going together sounds so off :s

Anyway, I did not mean to derail your thread with a commentary on your trouser choices :abnormal:
                            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

The second line of Ya'sin's post answers your question. When I think of chinos I think of young men wearing ridiculously coloured trousers and thinking it's cool. I can't picture a man of nonameakhi's age with the same religious viewpoints waltzing around in red chinos. It's like trying to picture an elephant wearing a tutu. The two going together sounds so off :s

Anyway, I did not mean to derail your thread with a commentary on your trouser choices :abnormal:
                              I dont do the bright colours tbh, black or cream is as far as it goes. Although I did have those cuffed ones in a brown/tan

I am a fashionista what can i say

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

whoah

absolutely disgusting, gift them a nice gel?

Maybe get Mrsnonameaunty to buy soap and glory BODY SCRUB, the brown sugar one is the BEST one, I'm not usually a big fan of soap and glory, it's overrated but this one is booootiful so she can hand it over to the non washable folks.

I wear salwaar kameez because I am just a pure desi girl

Nothing beats it, I look forward to coming home and putting a nice dress on.
                                Before my older brother got married, he never wanted to marry a bengali girl because he has afraid that she would wear Shalwar kameez :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

btw, he ended up marrying a bengali girl.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X