Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

    ASWRWB

    Just wanted to ask how many of you know people who wear hijaab (as in abaya and head covering) due to pure laziness? and if it bugs you

    What I mean is the equivalent of fat non muslim women wearing leggings and a tshirt because it is ''easy'' and ''comfortable''

    I know sisters who wear the abaya as a cover over to hide the monstrosities underneath and a head covering to cover the greasy mess that hasnt been washed in weeks

    similarly brothers who throw a thobe on top of a minging vest or whatever. sisters how do you put up with a hubby who wears cheap rubbish trackies and a muscle vest at home ALL the time and just throws on a thobe when going out

    MAKE SOME EFFORT

    wswrwb

  • #2
    Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

    I started to wear it fisabilillah but it turns out to be very comfortable and i do wear a tshirt/blouse and leggings under.... now ur making me foubt my intention, i dont rly have money to buy nice clothes too
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

    O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

    Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

      Originally posted by aynina View Post
      I started to wear it fisabilillah but it turns out to be very comfortable and i do wear a tshirt/blouse and leggings under.... now ur making me foubt my intention, i dont rly have money to buy nice clothes too
      subhanallah no sister it wasnt meant to make you feel bad. It should be comfortable and we must always wear it as Allah swt demands it when we leave our house

      I myself wear trackies and tshirs or jeans/chinos etc underneath or when at home chilling with my wife and kids, but I still make effort. SO my tshirts are fresh on daily if possible and they are decent to my affordability. They maybe polo shirt or tshirt
      I still have the odd pair of adidas trackies and levis.

      Point is i wear a thobe outside but still have a wife who i try and look nice for. I dont wear a hat just so i dont have to wash and style my hair

      But I know brothers that when I go visit they are wearing them hand made white trouser things that are baggy and a muscle vest (or my personal hated favourite a sleeveless v neck sweater) ALL the time. same pair too
      When outside they look smart in their thobes tbh but why no effort at home? Thobe isnt there for convenience of laziness, look nice for your wife too

      Hope that clarifies
      Last edited by nonameakhi; 03-10-16, 03:18 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

        I usually wear thobe if im feelin lazy haha
        Accept the decree

        It has happened to a million other people don't expect to be the exception

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

          Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
          subhanallah no sister it wasnt meant to make you feel bad. It should be comfortable and we must always wear it as Allah swt demands it when we leave our house

          I myself wear trackies and tshirs or jeans/chinos etc underneath or when at home chilling with my wife and kids, but I still make effort. SO my tshirts are fresh on daily if possible and they are decent to my affordability. They maybe polo shirt or tshirt
          I still have the odd pair of adidas trackies and levis.

          Point is i wear a thobe outside but still have a wife who i try and look nice for. I dont wear a hat just so i dont have to wash and style my hair

          But I know brothers that when I go visit they are wearing them hand made white trouser things that are baggy and a muscle vest (or my personal hated favourite a sleeveless v neck sweater) ALL the time. same pair too
          When outside they look smart in their thobes tbh but why no effort at home? Thobe isnt there for convenience of laziness, look nice for your wife too

          Hope that clarifies
          Yess i see what you mean, I'm not married so i dont have that right now but i know what you mean lol reminds me of my ex sister in law :rotfl:
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

          O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

          Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

            Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Yess i see what you mean, I'm not married so i dont have that right now but i know what you mean lol reminds me of my ex sister in law :rotfl:
            best advice i can give you, as a married man, save your hijaab jilbaab etc for outside. Inside the home dress nice and nice can be casual too. A tshirt and trackies with the hubby is ok for you too but not just cheap tat that doesnt look nice. It can be cheap but look nice too.

            dont just use the abaya as a cover to use in front of hubby to hide whats underneath. He isnt the one you need to cover from

            same advice for brothers too obviously. Look decent for your wife. casual can be nice too. I know brothers who live in their night clothes when at home. come on lads bit of effort for her

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

              Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
              ASWRWB

              Just wanted to ask how many of you know people who wear hijaab (as in abaya and head covering) due to pure laziness? and if it bugs you

              What I mean is the equivalent of fat non muslim women wearing leggings and a tshirt because it is ''easy'' and ''comfortable''

              I know sisters who wear the abaya as a cover over to hide the monstrosities underneath and a head covering to cover the greasy mess that hasnt been washed in weeks

              similarly brothers who throw a thobe on top of a minging vest or whatever. sisters how do you put up with a hubby who wears cheap rubbish trackies and a muscle vest at home ALL the time and just throws on a thobe when going out

              MAKE SOME EFFORT

              wswrwb
              How can you possibly know what the parson's intention is ? Did they inform you?
              Ya Allah,
              Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
              "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                ASWRWB

                Just wanted to ask how many of you know people who wear hijaab (as in abaya and head covering) due to pure laziness? and if it bugs you

                What I mean is the equivalent of fat non muslim women wearing leggings and a tshirt because it is ''easy'' and ''comfortable''

                I know sisters who wear the abaya as a cover over to hide the monstrosities underneath and a head covering to cover the greasy mess that hasnt been washed in weeks

                similarly brothers who throw a thobe on top of a minging vest or whatever. sisters how do you put up with a hubby who wears cheap rubbish trackies and a muscle vest at home ALL the time and just throws on a thobe when going out

                MAKE SOME EFFORT

                wswrwb
                I've never been a fashionable person, never have and never will be. I don't have an eye for color, or an eye for styling things, so I just wear plain colors and generic designs. I'm not much of an artsy person, so trust me when I say that I can never be like those instagram/tumblr/whatever hijabis/women. I have tried many times to be 'fashionable' and it only ended in me never feeling comfortable enough in wearing them or in them being not really as good looking as I thought they were the moment I bought them.

                I don't think wanting clothes to be 'comfortable' and 'easy' is a bad thing; especially for someone who is busy or for someone who doesn't really pay attention to fashion. I wouldn't really call it laziness on my part considering the fact I take good care of my hair, alhamdulillah and my clothes take me very long to put on (long shirt, jeans, skirt that has to be adjusted, underscarf and scarf). And the adjusting all the time really irks me.

                Admittedly, I have tried to search for Abayas or long sleeve dresses to make my life easier seeing as I've seen sisters on the street wearing beautiful dresses/abayas and since putting on dresses is easy, it is a win-win. The problem isn't putting on the clothes, it's the adjusting (since these clothes are not meant for Muslim women) and so either my skirt would get tangled with my feet, or my long shirt reveals a bit of flesh, and to be honest the dresses are much prettier. However, alhamdulillah I'm not complaining.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                  Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                  best advice i can give you, as a married man, save your hijaab jilbaab etc for outside. Inside the home dress nice and nice can be casual too. A tshirt and trackies with the hubby is ok for you too but not just cheap tat that doesnt look nice. It can be cheap but look nice too.

                  dont just use the abaya as a cover to use in front of hubby to hide whats underneath. He isnt the one you need to cover from

                  same advice for brothers too obviously. Look decent for your wife. casual can be nice too. I know brothers who live in their night clothes when at home. come on lads bit of effort for her
                  I completely agree with you brother :jkk:

                  Wa aleiykum salaam wr wb (i completely forgot to return salaam astaghfirullah)
                  يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                  O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                  Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                    lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                      Originally posted by patient believer View Post
                      How can you possibly know what the parson's intention is ? Did they inform you?
                      ^ This.

                      We should strive to be clean at all times - duh - and obviously beautify ourselves for the sake of Allah and our spouses. But as far as priorities go, when there are sisters/brothers who are going out in public with their awrah exposed, I think people wearing hijab/thobe due to 'laziness' is the least of our worries.
                      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                      http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                        Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                        subhanallah no sister it wasnt meant to make you feel bad. It should be comfortable and we must always wear it as Allah swt demands it when we leave our house

                        I myself wear trackies and tshirs or jeans/chinos etc underneath or when at home chilling with my wife and kids, but I still make effort. SO my tshirts are fresh on daily if possible and they are decent to my affordability. They maybe polo shirt or tshirt
                        I still have the odd pair of adidas trackies and levis.

                        Point is i wear a thobe outside but still have a wife who i try and look nice for. I dont wear a hat just so i dont have to wash and style my hair

                        But I know brothers that when I go visit they are wearing them hand made white trouser things that are baggy and a muscle vest (or my personal hated favourite a sleeveless v neck sweater) ALL the time. same pair too
                        When outside they look smart in their thobes tbh but why no effort at home? Thobe isnt there for convenience of laziness, look nice for your wife too

                        Hope that clarifies
                        :salams:

                        I totally agree with your last point..I don't understand married people that put soo much effort when going outside and then at home they are in such a slobbish state. It is the complete opposite of what you should be doing
                        "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

                        Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                          I'm too vain so never ......edit: are tou talking about in the home?
                          Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                            People who type ASWRWB out of laziness are worse.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Lazy Hijaab/Thobe

                              Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
                              ^ This.

                              We should strive to be clean at all times - duh - and obviously beautify ourselves for the sake of Allah and our spouses. But as far as priorities go, when there are sisters/brothers who are going out in public with their awrah exposed, I think people wearing hijab/thobe due to 'laziness' is the least of our worries.

                              Yeh, this is true

                              I don't wear abayaa or burka

                              I wear salwaar kamezz at home and I feel good.

                              Outside clothes are separate from indoor wear. I don't mix them up because I don't like that.
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                              So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X