No announcement yet.

Does having anxiety makes you "slow"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does having anxiety makes you "slow"?

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
    My goodness... May Allah SWT protect this Ummah from such travesties. I cannot fathom watching anything of that nature, you are brave Allahuma barik!
    Ameen... I can see it clearly now as I did then.. but for some reason Google doesn't have any info on it. Weird innit.
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
      Psychology is absolutely linked to physicality sister. There was an instance where Hitler had put Jewish people in a room and he told them they will be gased by mustard gas. They all died. Hitler never gased them. It was their psychosis that killed them. Sub'ana Allah
      SubhanAllah yea thats true tho
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I may have some slight anxiety because I find it hard to maintain eye contact with people, I always have to break eye contact otherwise I'd make them feel uncomfortable as it may seem like I'm looking straight inside them :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
          I may have some slight anxiety because I find it hard to maintain eye contact with people, I always have to break eye contact otherwise I'd make them feel uncomfortable as it may seem like I'm looking straight inside them :scratch:
          The death stare :rofl1: well you use your social skills to nod your head........blink a few times.......the body language will show you're not inside their soul
          Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
            The death stare :rofl1: well you use your social skills to nod your head........blink a few times.......the body language will show you're not inside their soul
            That's what I do lol. SubhanAllah it's very difficult to always divert from eye contact and express attention and interest through body language. It only started like 2 years ago, I don't what the cause it :/

Otherwise I'm very social and confident with people so my situations kinda confusing :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
              "Slow" meaning you think very slowly, and you take a longer time to catch somethiing and getting the meaning of something. And when you're so anxious, you can't focus much and your mind just goes blank. You get easily distracted and you just cant think straight.

It's hard to explain, but sometimes I do get this "slow" moments every now and then, it's a bit embarrassing for me,really. Especially in front of friends, in school, or by myself in public.

I'm not sure whether it's just my social anxiety, because apparently I have one but doctor says it's "mild". Or maybe cuz I just started uni, which appears to be quite fast paced, in curriculum than my previous school, Or maybe I'm just overthinking.

Can't give examples from my personal life, , but I just know that on top of being slow, I tend to get easily stressed over school, overthink what people say, and I feel very numb sometimes.

Can anybody share some insights or say something about this?

have a good one
              x
              I've experienced anxiety, a bit different to yours. I don't know the cause of it, but no one can help you but yourself. It was useless people telling me to do this, or do that, because logically, I knew my anxiety didn't make sense, but I had no idea how to control it or overcome it. So recently, I started a few techniques to help me, and I don't know if they would be beneficial for you too.

1) Slow, rhythmic breathing (count to five, breathe in, count to five, breathe out)

2) Dhikr, and lots of it, for me repeating, 'la hawla wa la quwwata illah billaah' helps

3) Distract your mind, and start focusing on something completely different, and for me, I think of Umar Ibn Al-Khattab
              :RA: and how fearless he was.

Comment

I just read your first sentence
                And I think you go from anxiety to depression to insanity I mean complete insanity craziness

But your more religious with anxiety

Was Laikum as salam *smile*

Comment

Working...
                X