Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    I don't wear jeans anymore, these are stored in my cupboard for after marriage, lool. and I wouldn't wear them in front of random people, I don't think wearing jeans in front of women, or little kids is wrong. males..yeah, but like my sisters or a baby etc I don't think it is. I wouldn't wear it anyway with males. thanks sis :)
    It's wrong in term of awrah. Women and kids who are able to understand sexual context (so not babies or toddlers) also have rules of awrah. The awrah, however, is defined by some as covering from shoulders to the knee, or the navel to the knee, depending on which opinion you follow. But just as men cannot show their awrah (navel to knee) in front of other men, women cannot show their awrahs in front of other women and children get the ruling depending on how mature they are and what gender they are. Allah SWT knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
      where do ya'll get your abayas from? any top rated online sites where price and quality is good? i'm short, I don't know if they have my size.

I like the button down ones, if they even have those.
      I normally get them in local stores, to make sure they fit okay, colour is okay (hate super bright colours lol)and length is okay.

There are sooo many pretty ones online, but I have enough so i'm like... i'm not even gonna start looking there, lol.

normally abayahs are all sizes, from small to large, some are just one fit size. also I have some maxi dresses since they're essentially the same thing, I realised.
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
        It's wrong in term of awrah. Women and kids who are able to understand sexual context (so not babies or toddlers) also have rules of awrah. The awrah, however, is defined by some as covering from shoulders to the knee, or the navel to the knee, depending on which opinion you follow. But just as men cannot show their awrah (navel to knee) in front of other men, women cannot show their awrahs in front of other women and children get the ruling depending on how mature they are and what gender they are. Allah SWT knows best.
        jazakhallahu khairan. yeah. I don't have clothing like that.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

where do ya'll get your abayas from? any top rated online sites where price and quality is good? i'm short, I don't know if they have my size.

I like the button down ones, if they even have those.
          Greetings sis, have you tried shopping locally? Not only will you benefit fellow muslims, but it's also very tricky (I find) to shop online just because you never know if something will be too tight, or the material would be not as nice, etc.

Either way, there is a place for Abayas on UF, I've checked them out (online, not bought) and they look pretty nice!

Comment

Lols that's scary. What happened next?
            Well I knew I was risking him getting so mad at me but we are mad at eachother at that point so I had nothing to lose. Also knew if I gave a goofy look n smile he wouldn't resist :)
            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              :wswrwb:

Yes, it really is a sad state of affairs.

First and foremost, brothers need to understand how much of a fitnah this is for our sisters. Similar to how brothers have a hard time lowering their gaze, sisters too have a hard time covering fully. They suffer through immense pressure to look their best, to not look or feel ugly lest they suffer cripplingly low self esteem. Not to mention how they are constantly surrounded by kafir women who are always dressed to impress. The environment can be extremely demoralizing.

So while yes, what these sisters are doing is very wrong, often times it is not always out of malice toward Islamic rulings. Many times sisters just don't have the confidence or the strength of imaan to cover fully. There are insecurities and fears to deal with as well; some think they will have a hard time getting married if they don't wear makeup or dress a certain way. Other times it's just ignorance of course. And yes there are also some who are liberal and/or modernist in their views toward hijab and have contempt toward what Islam really teaches about this.

But the point is, it's not as simple as brothers tend to see it. I am by no means condoning or justifying what these sisters are wearing--in fact I hate the way some of these sisters dress--but we should be a little more understanding of the roots of the problem rather than assuming they're all doing it as a mockery of the deen.

I know that feeling, even if I am not surrounded by kafir women. Sometimes muslim women dress as kafir women and I honestly have to say that they look super-beautiful. And next to them I feel how to say "less". I am confident but I have my moments down and I feel like they are looking at me with pity because I stick on my "islamic style". I know that I can't be different from what I am and even forced, I can never be as them because I won't feel comfortable. Plus I have no desire to adopt that style. Just, in my moments down, I feel they have something more than me. That situation makes me feel alone and not good enough. I know it's a temporary feeling but it happens to me and to a lot of other girls I think. The problem is that the answer we give might not be the same and ways girls react are different.

Comment

What I don't understand is that how can their parents allow them to wear what they want? Most baby boomer parents tend to be conservatives.

Am I missing something here?
                Last edited by 'noname; 01-10-16, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X