X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
    Salam alaikum

Maybe it's just me but I hate the trend of hijabis in the west of thinking that "hijab" is a headscarve and any thing else beside that is "extra"

Modesty should start at the waist down,the hair should be the absolute last thing women should worry about covering. No guy ever gets excited by, hair most men when the check a women out look at below the waist and chest. I've heard lot of what kuffar men say and Never once ever did I here"check her out,she has beautiful hair' or "what an amazing pony tail or "Can you believe the locks on that lass"
    Never,I just made all that up as an example

I've notice that most women who wear "hijab" here put on a headscarf and other wise dress like the kuffar,I see kuffar women dress more modestly sometimes(and a lot less as well,more often)

Is it because that they're in the west that they need to compete with kuffaar women

and showing cleavage while wearing a headscarf is NEVER appropriate I consider that to be mocking Islam.

Whats next,short shorts and aheadscarf?

Aoutha billah

Ok rant over,thank you for your time
    Absolutely. This isn't just in the West, it has spread basically everywhere (mainly in cities though). I even once heard a shaykh saying "dress modestly without a scarf if you must; it's better to have the awrah showing from just the hair, than have the whole body being awrah and only the hair covered" He was referring to the famous hadith of the women in hell who are clothed yet naked, hence, tight clothing. May Allah SWT guide us; it all comes from trying to please the kuffar/ trying to make them more 'comfortable' with our religion. There's nothing wrong with a loose jean jacket and a loose floral print dress, we don't have to wear traditional abayas (although it is better). But there is no reason to compromise the akhira for the sake of 'fashion'.
    Last edited by Sarah5; 30-09-16, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
      I like how open you are sis, this is sooo true. especially the looking good at home.. because you're right, everyone looks super beaut on the outside.
      I know the inside matters.... but why not look good for the one person that we can really make the most of that opportunity with.
      nice clothes, makeup, hair nicely, the whole dazzle :)
      Defo sis :love:

Make sure u sisters switch things up every now and then create something exciting for ur husband to feast on... just what ever happens make sure u keep the flame alive even if it's been years and years lol I can tell u from my own experience that part of your life never gets boring. It's always exciting and fulfilling :love:
      "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Lol this reminded me of something. Like before I started wearing abayah, like 2 years ago, I always use to wear dresses and jeans (nothing inappropriate), anyway I was gonna get rid of all of them, when I started wearing abayahs, but my friend was like.. what you gonna wear for your hubby at home when you get married, so I've stored them away lool.
        Sis, be careful around other women/kids with jeans. There is no awrah between man and wife however, tight jeans around women and kids is not permissible (according to the view I follow). This is because the tightness doesn't cover the awrah properly.

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
          Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          People usually stop trying as hard after the honeymoon phase. Maybe your honeymoon phase was just unusually long.
          Why... I mean unless u have in laws lurking about everywhere... In ur own home in ur own privacy do as u please... keep it alive cause it will keep both spouse satisfied and happy; give them something to smile about throughout the day

Buy nice outfits and perfumes/cologne go dress up and meet back up together. Create excitement and ambience

Why would anyone let it die; even in sucha a horrible situation that I was in I thought I'll make the most of what I get and the it's prolly the best I'll get anyways

Plus you're only young once. Live it to the fullest. It's the few halal fun that islam has given the full encouragement for,why would anyone waste such an opportunity?

Plus when everyone outside is looking hotter than hell u better make sure urscreaming with fire where it matters
          Many reasons. Mostly people just get comfortable and feel like why should I bother. My spouse isn't going anywhere.

Also some women might not feel comfortable dressing in an "alluring" way. Maybe cause of the way they were raised. Maybe they never learned how to dress like that. Maybe they don't feel confident or comfortable in their own skin. So they'll even dress conservative in the home.

Comment

I'll tell u something really funny while we're on this subject

So me n hubzy were going through a rough patch n I was like sooo bored outta my mind.
            Think like it past three am ... I was still fuming at him but I got up and looked through the stash found something wear,dressed up applied perfume n Hubzy was sleeping like snoring lol I snuck up right next to him stood there staring at him (knowing his gunna wake up)

Loool the dude almost shat his pants

Screamed like a gurl thought I was a jinn

After that he couldn't sleep of course I got my way
            .. Still smile rememberin it

Revenge is a dish best served cold... or hot... who cares :')
            Last edited by candyapple; 30-09-16, 06:21 PM.
            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

^ :rotfl: post #49
              Indeed we belong to Allah,
              and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                Sis, be careful around other women/kids with jeans. There is no awrah between man and wife however, tight jeans around women and kids is not permissible (according to the view I follow). This is because the tightness doesn't cover the awrah properly.
                I don't wear jeans anymore, these are stored in my cupboard for after marriage, lool. and I wouldn't wear them in front of random people, I don't think wearing jeans in front of women, or little kids is wrong. males..yeah, but like my sisters or a baby etc I don't think it is. I wouldn't wear it anyway with males. thanks sis :)
                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I don't wear jeans anymore, these are stored in my cupboard for after marriage, lool. and I wouldn't wear them in front of random people, I don't think wearing jeans in front of women, or little kids is wrong. males..yeah, but like my sisters or a baby etc I don't think it is. I wouldn't wear it anyway with males. thanks sis :)
                  U can still wear it under ur abayah sis... but personally I find them uncomfy

Comment

Many reasons. Mostly people just get comfortable and feel like why should I bother. My spouse isn't going anywhere.

Also some women might not feel comfortable dressing in an "alluring" way. Maybe cause of the way they were raised. Maybe they never learned how to dress like that. Maybe they don't feel confident or comfortable in their own skin. So they'll even dress conservative in the home.
                    Yea... attitude needs to change there :)

Comment

I'll tell u something really funny while we're on this subject

So me n hubzy were going through a rough patch n I was like sooo bored outta my mind.
                      Think like it past three am ... I was still fuming at him but I got up and looked through the stash found something wear,dressed up applied perfume n Hubzy was sleeping like snoring lol I snuck up right next to him stood there staring at him (knowing his gunna wake up)

Loool the dude almost shat his pants

Screamed like a gurl thought I was a jinn

After that he couldn't sleep of course I got my way
                      .. Still smile rememberin it

Revenge is a dish best served cold... or hot... who cares :')
                      revenge?

Comment

I know what you mean about women being raised in a certain way,and this making them not realise about how to dress in that way at home.. That's why the husband has got to educate the wife on that, if she doesn't know. Most will be comfortable with it, once they get to know their husband as a person, and once they stop thinking this is 'wrong', but again with time, trust and explanation, people who think this is something wrong/to be ashamed of (even though with spouse it's obviously not), will come around.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                          revenge?
                          Yea that scare was so worth it :')

Comment

U can still wear it under ur abayah sis... but personally I find them uncomfy
                            Yeah lol I used to, but then I was like sod it, and I wear trackies under my abayah, soo much comfier :)
                            and yeah you're right, its important to keep that part of marriage alive, lol your post 50 :')

Comment

Yea that scare was so worth it :')
                              Lols that's scary. What happened next?

Comment

where do ya'll get your abayas from? any top rated online sites where price and quality is good? i'm short, I don't know if they have my size.

I like the button down ones, if they even have those.

Comment

Working...
                                X