Clear All

• candyapple
    replied
    Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    For the first few months maybe.

After that it's tshirts and pajamas.
    Lol Wutt?

13yrs of marriage and always to the brim with ideas.

Few months?? Sucha shame.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Originally posted by candyapple View Post
    Btw sisters go crazy with *imitatin the kuffar* (which really means wearing what the non muslims wear) at home for your husbands...

You'd get thawab for pleasing him trust me that's why islam is so damn beeeeeeooooootiful

For the first few months maybe.

After that it's tshirts and pajamas.

Leave a comment:

• EenieMeanie
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    :wswrwb:

Yes, it really is a sad state of affairs.

First and foremost, brothers need to understand how much of a fitnah this is for our sisters. Similar to how brothers have a hard time lowering their gaze, sisters too have a hard time covering fully. They suffer through immense pressure to look their best, to not look or feel ugly lest they suffer cripplingly low self esteem. Not to mention how they are constantly surrounded by kafir women who are always dressed to impress. The environment can be extremely demoralizing.

So while yes, what these sisters are doing is very wrong, often times it is not always out of malice toward Islamic rulings. Many times sisters just don't have the confidence or the strength of imaan to cover fully. There are insecurities and fears to deal with as well; some think they will have a hard time getting married if they don't wear makeup or dress a certain way. Other times it's just ignorance of course. And yes there are also some who are liberal and/or modernist in their views toward hijab and have contempt toward what Islam really teaches about this.

But the point is, it's not as simple as brothers tend to see it. I am by no means condoning or justifying what these sisters are wearing--in fact I hate the way some of these sisters dress--but we should be a little more understanding of the roots of the problem rather than assuming they're all doing it as a mockery of the deen.
    qft

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
    Impossible not to notice,it's like a a bad car crash,even if you don't like seeing blood or twisted metal your eyes are still drawn to it,I don't spend my days staring at women.

learning NOT to look/talk/flirt at women was a challenge I have accepted and done very well with.Zina is a slippery slope,starts with the eye and it's all downhill from there.

It would be nice to see a mosaic floor,only dirty concrete around here and I can accurately describe MILES of it to you by now.
    dont worry, you will stop caring eventually. refer to my first post here.

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    So am I right in thinking you're the "maxi dress, long skirts, sometimes loose pants with oversized shirt" dressed sista? If so, you are my kinda sista!
    Lol all of tthat plus long sleeveless jersy cardis on top perhaps or mainly skirts with oversized sweater :)

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
    Erm, maybe try avoid looking all together. That might help.

Whether you are right or wrong, you can't force women to dress how men want them too, they are kinda stubborn when it comes to stuff like this.

So, all you can do is help yourself by staring at that beautifully designed, mosaic floor.
    Impossible not to notice,it's like a a bad car crash,even if you don't like seeing blood or twisted metal your eyes are still drawn to it,I don't spend my days staring at women.

learning NOT to look/talk/flirt at women was a challenge I have accepted and done very well with.Zina is a slippery slope,starts with the eye and it's all downhill from there.

It would be nice to see a mosaic floor,only dirty concrete around here and I can accurately describe MILES of it to you by now.

Leave a comment:

• Zaitoonah
    replied

Hijab extends beyond physical looks :)
    So am I right in thinking you're the "maxi dress, long skirts, sometimes loose pants with oversized shirt" dressed sista? If so, you are my kinda sista!

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

Btw sisters go crazy with *imitatin the kuffar* (which really means wearing what the non muslims wear) at home for your husbands...

You'd get thawab for pleasing him trust me that's why islam is so damn beeeeeeooooootiful

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

Buying clothes off the rack and adapting them to meet the criteria is fine just don't imitate the kuffar.If your going for ankle length dresses that cover your legs fully that's fine but tight pants and JUST a headscarf is really what I was getting at with this thread.

Hijab is not just a headscarf,It's being fully covered,head to ankle and not showing your shape.
    Erm, maybe try avoid looking all together. That might help.

Whether you are right or wrong, you can't force women to dress how men want them too, they are kinda stubborn when it comes to stuff like this.

So, all you can do is help yourself by staring at that beautifully designed, mosaic floor.

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

Buying clothes off the rack and adapting them to meet the criteria is fine just don't imitate the kuffar.If your going for ankle length dresses that cover your legs fully that's fine but tight pants and JUST a headscarf is really what I was getting at with this thread.

Hijab is not just a headscarf,It's being fully covered,head to ankle and not showing your shape.
    Hijab extends beyond physical looks :)

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

No I want to fit in with my everyday life. It doesn't make me a kuffar or wanting to be like them at all.

The western dress style isn't just a kuffar thing. It's garments that they, now the whole world has adopted.

I like wearing those clothes I'm familiar with it. I feel fit in with everyone else whilst at the same time having met the a criteria of hijab.

And I'm more proud of my religion than anyone I know.

Your OP had issues with not meeting hijab criteria and I agreed with that but how we meet the hijab criteria is up to every individual and I have my own preference on it. No one should have a problem with that.

Leave a comment:

• arif123f
    replied

Hijab is defined I think, it's not like define it like according to your nafs.

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

Salam alaikum

Maybe it's just me but I hate the trend of hijabis in the west of thinking that "hijab" is a headscarve and any thing else beside that is "extra"

Modesty should start at the waist down,the hair should be the absolute last thing women should worry about covering. No guy ever gets excited by, hair most men when the check a women out look at below the waist and chest. I've heard lot of what kuffar men say and Never once ever did I here"check her out,she has beautiful hair' or "what an amazing pony tail or "Can you believe the locks on that lass"
    Never,I just made all that up as an example

I've notice that most women who wear "hijab" here put on a headscarf and other wise dress like the kuffar,I see kuffar women dress more modestly sometimes(and a lot less as well,more often)

Is it because that they're in the west that they need to compete with kuffaar women

and showing cleavage while wearing a headscarf is NEVER appropriate I consider that to be mocking Islam.

Whats next,short shorts and aheadscarf?

Aoutha billah

Ok rant over,thank you for your time
    Walaykum Assalam,

There's so many issues and problems with the Muslim Community, thanks to a large extent to westernized, progressive muslims, that I personally don't even care anymore. Not worth it. Waste of time. Look the other way and let Allah deal with it.

What you should worry about is the next gen. Try to talk to as many muslim children as you can. Try to help them feel a sense of identity. That will help the ummah more than worrying about these people.

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

But who really wants to fit in with the kuffar,except the kuffar?

I don't mind feeling like a stranger in a strange land,even though I was born and raised here.

Muslims need to start being proud of their religion instead of being ashamed and hiding it.
    No I want to fit in with my everyday life. It doesn't make me a kuffar or wanting to be like them at all.

The western dress style isn't just a kuffar thing. It's garments that they, now the whole world has adopted.

I like wearing those clothes I'm familiar with it. I feel fit in with everyone else whilst at the same time having met the a criteria of hijab.

And I'm more proud of my religion than anyone I know.

Your OP had issues with not meeting hijab criteria and I agreed with that but how we meet the hijab criteria is up to every individual and I have my own preference on it. No one should have a problem with that.

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

Hey :)

Th reason why the western muslims wear western style clothes is simply to do with the natural inclination of wanting to fit in.

It's human nature.

However that being said we can wear western clothes but they need to be loose on us. And we need to style it out in a way that doesn't show off our bodies.

For the muslimahs who are comfy with jilbaab... good on u :)
    But who really wants to fit in with the kuffar,except the kuffar?

I don't mind feeling like a stranger in a strange land,even though I was born and raised here.

Muslims need to start being proud of their religion instead of being ashamed and hiding it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X