X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
    Hijab extends beyond physical looks :)
    So am I right in thinking you're the "maxi dress, long skirts, sometimes loose pants with oversized shirt" dressed sista? If so, you are my kinda sista!

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
      Erm, maybe try avoid looking all together. That might help.

Whether you are right or wrong, you can't force women to dress how men want them too, they are kinda stubborn when it comes to stuff like this.

So, all you can do is help yourself by staring at that beautifully designed, mosaic floor.
      Impossible not to notice,it's like a a bad car crash,even if you don't like seeing blood or twisted metal your eyes are still drawn to it,I don't spend my days staring at women.

learning NOT to look/talk/flirt at women was a challenge I have accepted and done very well with.Zina is a slippery slope,starts with the eye and it's all downhill from there.

It would be nice to see a mosaic floor,only dirty concrete around here and I can accurately describe MILES of it to you by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
        So am I right in thinking you're the "maxi dress, long skirts, sometimes loose pants with oversized shirt" dressed sista? If so, you are my kinda sista!
        Lol all of tthat plus long sleeveless jersy cardis on top perhaps or mainly skirts with oversized sweater :)
        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
          Impossible not to notice,it's like a a bad car crash,even if you don't like seeing blood or twisted metal your eyes are still drawn to it,I don't spend my days staring at women.

learning NOT to look/talk/flirt at women was a challenge I have accepted and done very well with.Zina is a slippery slope,starts with the eye and it's all downhill from there.

It would be nice to see a mosaic floor,only dirty concrete around here and I can accurately describe MILES of it to you by now.
          dont worry, you will stop caring eventually. refer to my first post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            :wswrwb:

Yes, it really is a sad state of affairs.

First and foremost, brothers need to understand how much of a fitnah this is for our sisters. Similar to how brothers have a hard time lowering their gaze, sisters too have a hard time covering fully. They suffer through immense pressure to look their best, to not look or feel ugly lest they suffer cripplingly low self esteem. Not to mention how they are constantly surrounded by kafir women who are always dressed to impress. The environment can be extremely demoralizing.

So while yes, what these sisters are doing is very wrong, often times it is not always out of malice toward Islamic rulings. Many times sisters just don't have the confidence or the strength of imaan to cover fully. There are insecurities and fears to deal with as well; some think they will have a hard time getting married if they don't wear makeup or dress a certain way. Other times it's just ignorance of course. And yes there are also some who are liberal and/or modernist in their views toward hijab and have contempt toward what Islam really teaches about this.

But the point is, it's not as simple as brothers tend to see it. I am by no means condoning or justifying what these sisters are wearing--in fact I hate the way some of these sisters dress--but we should be a little more understanding of the roots of the problem rather than assuming they're all doing it as a mockery of the deen.
            qft
            And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
            http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Btw sisters go crazy with *imitatin the kuffar* (which really means wearing what the non muslims wear) at home for your husbands...

You'd get thawab for pleasing him trust me that's why islam is so damn beeeeeeooooootiful

For the first few months maybe.

After that it's tshirts and pajamas.

Comment

Lol Wutt?

13yrs of marriage and always to the brim with ideas.

Few months?? Sucha shame.
                "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

Lol Wutt?

13yrs of marriage and always to the brim with ideas.

Few months?? Sucha shame.
                  People usually stop trying as hard after the honeymoon phase. Maybe your honeymoon phase was just unusually long.

Comment

People usually stop trying as hard after the honeymoon phase. Maybe your honeymoon phase was just unusually long.
                    Why... I mean unless u have in laws lurking about everywhere... In ur own home in ur own privacy do as u please... keep it alive cause it will keep both spouse satisfied and happy; give them something to smile about throughout the day

Buy nice outfits and perfumes/cologne go dress up and meet back up together. Create excitement and ambience

Why would anyone let it die; even in sucha a horrible situation that I was in I thought I'll make the most of what I get and the it's prolly the best I'll get anyways

Plus you're only young once. Live it to the fullest. It's the few halal fun that islam has given the full encouragement for,why would anyone waste such an opportunity?

Plus when everyone outside is looking hotter than hell u better make sure urscreaming with fire where it matters

Comment

why... I mean unless u have in laws lurking about everywhere... In ur own home in ur own privacy do as u please... Keep it alive cause it will keep both spouse satisfied and happy; give them something to smile about throughout the day

buy nice outfits and perfumes/cologne go dress up and meet back up together. Create excitement and ambience

why would anyone let it die; even in sucha a horrible situation that i was in i thought i'll make the most of what i get and the it's prolly the best i'll get anyways

plus you're only young once. Live it to the fullest. It's the few halal fun that islam has given the full encouragement for,why would anyone waste such an opportunity?

Plus when everyone outside is looking hotter than hell u better make sure urscreaming with fire where it matters
                      ;)
                      Last edited by ninety1daisies; 30-09-16, 06:10 PM. Reason: bc :D smiley just showed up as d
                      Indeed we belong to Allah,
                      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

~
                        Indeed we belong to Allah,
                        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Btw sisters go crazy with *imitatin the kuffar* (which really means wearing what the non muslims wear) at home for your husbands...

You'd get thawab for pleasing him trust me that's why islam is so damn beeeeeeooooootiful

Lol this reminded me of something. Like before I started wearing abayah, like 2 years ago, I always use to wear dresses and jeans (nothing inappropriate), anyway I was gonna get rid of all of them, when I started wearing abayahs, but my friend was like.. what you gonna wear for your hubby at home when you get married, so I've stored them away lool.
                          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                            Lol this reminded me of something. Like before I started wearing abayah, like 2 years ago, I always use to wear dresses and jeans (nothing inappropriate), anyway I was gonna get rid of all of them, when I started wearing abayahs, but my friend was like.. what you gonna wear for your hubby at home when you get married, so I've stored them away lool.
                            Good gurl :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                              True. Also when you wear correct hijab outside, you can spend all your money on outfits you would really like to wear for home-wear versus shopping around for hijab-friendly western clothes you can wear outside. Spending money where it matters. And I guess with the correct intention - you're getting rewarded for it too.
                              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Why... I mean unless u have in laws lurking about everywhere... In ur own home in ur own privacy do as u please... keep it alive cause it will keep both spouse satisfied and happy; give them something to smile about throughout the day

Buy nice outfits and perfumes/cologne go dress up and meet back up together. Create excitement and ambience

Why would anyone let it die; even in sucha a horrible situation that I was in I thought I'll make the most of what I get and the it's prolly the best I'll get anyways

Plus you're only young once. Live it to the fullest. It's the few halal fun that islam has given the full encouragement for,why would anyone waste such an opportunity?

I like how open you are sis, this is sooo true. especially the looking good at home.. because you're right, everyone looks super beaut on the outside.
                                I know the inside matters.... but why not look good for the one person that we can really make the most of that opportunity with.
                                nice clothes, makeup, hair nicely, the whole dazzle :)
                                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
                                X