Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    :wswrwb:

    Yes, it really is a sad state of affairs.

    First and foremost, brothers need to understand how much of a fitnah this is for our sisters. Similar to how brothers have a hard time lowering their gaze, sisters too have a hard time covering fully. They suffer through immense pressure to look their best, to not look or feel ugly lest they suffer cripplingly low self esteem. Not to mention how they are constantly surrounded by kafir women who are always dressed to impress. The environment can be extremely demoralizing.

    So while yes, what these sisters are doing is very wrong, often times it is not always out of malice toward Islamic rulings. Many times sisters just don't have the confidence or the strength of imaan to cover fully. There are insecurities and fears to deal with as well; some think they will have a hard time getting married if they don't wear makeup or dress a certain way. Other times it's just ignorance of course. And yes there are also some who are liberal and/or modernist in their views toward hijab and have contempt toward what Islam really teaches about this.

    But the point is, it's not as simple as brothers tend to see it. I am by no means condoning or justifying what these sisters are wearing--in fact I hate the way some of these sisters dress--but we should be a little more understanding of the roots of the problem rather than assuming they're all doing it as a mockery of the deen.
    :jkk: brother. For me, there's usually an instinctive reaction to seeing a Muslim sister dressed in a way less modest than what is required. Have to remind myself that things aren't as easy for all of us as we'd like them to be.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

      Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      :wswrwb:

      Yes, it really is a sad state of affairs.

      First and foremost, brothers need to understand how much of a fitnah this is for our sisters. Similar to how brothers have a hard time lowering their gaze, sisters too have a hard time covering fully. They suffer through immense pressure to look their best, to not look or feel ugly lest they suffer cripplingly low self esteem. Not to mention how they are constantly surrounded by kafir women who are always dressed to impress. The environment can be extremely demoralizing.

      So while yes, what these sisters are doing is very wrong, often times it is not always out of malice toward Islamic rulings. Many times sisters just don't have the confidence or the strength of imaan to cover fully. There are insecurities and fears to deal with as well; some think they will have a hard time getting married if they don't wear makeup or dress a certain way. Other times it's just ignorance of course. And yes there are also some who are liberal and/or modernist in their views toward hijab and have contempt toward what Islam really teaches about this.

      But the point is, it's not as simple as brothers tend to see it. I am by no means condoning or justifying what these sisters are wearing--in fact I hate the way some of these sisters dress--but we should be a little more understanding of the roots of the problem rather than assuming they're all doing it as a mockery of the deen.
      Excellent points made.

      It's incredible, the struggle that comes with wearing hijab, especially if you live in an area that has few Muslims. I never truly knew what it was like to be a minority. You go from fitting in, being unnoticed, being treated like an average person, to being stared at, sometimes called names, sometimes refused service, and even feeling afraid. The psychological effect is so strong. It was very strange, but when I started wearing hijab, I developed a cough. When I visited my sister, she was shocked; said she knew where I was in the store because she could hear me coughing. It was some kind of nervous tic, like I felt that I needed to speak out but couldn't and so I would cough. Hard times indeed.

      Sisters really I believe are doing the best that they can. Not everyone has an ideal situation or the strength to go out looking a certain way. I wish there wasn't always so much focus on what the women are or aren't doing. Not to play blame game at all, but men could do so much more, too.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

        Originally posted by Magic. View Post
        But it starts from the bottom. If one of them changes, the rest will fall like dominoes.

        I changed because of friends.

        .............


        That's why I admire these trans, I know shoot me for saying this, but they go out being a man dressed as a woman confidently and these gay men I know from work who wore mini-skirts and see through tops, and I think if they have the confidence to do such a haraam even in the environment today where they do generally get stared at, then that just exposes how lame I am in trying to identify myself and encourage others to adhere to Islam outside.
        Brother please don't compare yourself to a transvestite and please don't admire them,for any reason.

        Bravery and courage to be righteous in an unrighteous time is not like the foolishness of flaunting the Warnings of punishment from ALLAH. aza wajal

        Not even remotely the same thing. I get what your saying "hey if a faggot can be so bold why can't I" I understand what your getting at but remember your NOTHING like them and say Alhamdulillah for that
        Last edited by ISAupNorth; 28-09-16, 10:42 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

          Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
          Brother please don't compare yourself to a transvestite and please don't admire them,for any reason.

          Bravery and courage to be righteous in an unrighteous time is not like the foolishness of flaunting the Warnings of punishment from ALLAH.

          Not even remotely the same thing. I get what your saying "hey if a faggot can be so bold why can't I" I understand what your getting at but remember your NOTHING like them and say Alhamdulillah for that
          Yeah I agree.
          8 powerful habits to succeed


          1. Wake up early!
          2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

          NEW UPDATE

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU


          Watch this when you're distressed!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

            I wanted to elaborate a bit more on this. I got a good rep comment, but my thoughts are too long for a return rep, so I'll post here.

            One of the many positives of wearing hijab is dawah opportunities. People will approach and ask why you're wearing it, etc. This was actually something really difficult for me. I'm not the talkative type. I feel very uncomfortable speaking to someone about my beliefs or feelings. For me, it feels as though I'm pushing my thoughts on that person or being oppressive. Logically, I know that's incorrect, because they're asking me, but I don't feel good about it. The other thing is that when you're a white person, or European looking, people really don't expect this type of clothing from you. It's like they have a certain image of who should be dressed this way, and you don't fit it. They make you feel like a psycho or a traitor, or like someone who only wears this because you're married to an Arab or something. Ahh. This whole thing makes me extremely uncomfortable. See, I always say it's not the hijab that makes life hard, it's people and their reactions to it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

              From "not wearing hijab" to "beautify themselves, wearing attractive clothes, using a lot of make-up" there's a big gap btw. And it's a huge difference.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
                Salam alaikum


                Maybe it's just me but I hate the trend of hijabis in the west of thinking that "hijab" is a headscarve and any thing else beside that is "extra"

                Modesty should start at the waist down,the hair should be the absolute last thing women should worry about covering. No guy ever gets excited by, hair most men when the check a women out look at below the waist and chest. I've heard lot of what kuffar men say and Never once ever did I here"check her out,she has beautiful hair' or "what an amazing pony tail or "Can you believe the locks on that lass"
                Never,I just made all that up as an example

                I've notice that most women who wear "hijab" here put on a headscarf and other wise dress like the kuffar,I see kuffar women dress more modestly sometimes(and a lot less as well,more often)

                Is it because that they're in the west that they need to compete with kuffaar women

                and showing cleavage while wearing a headscarf is NEVER appropriate I consider that to be mocking Islam.

                Whats next,short shorts and aheadscarf?

                Aoutha billah

                Ok rant over,thank you for your time
                Hey :)

                Th reason why the western muslims wear western style clothes is simply to do with the natural inclination of wanting to fit in.

                It's human nature.

                However that being said we can wear western clothes but they need to be loose on us. And we need to style it out in a way that doesn't show off our bodies.

                For the muslimahs who are comfy with jilbaab... good on u :)
                "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                  Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                  Hey :)

                  Th reason why the western muslims wear western style clothes is simply to do with the natural inclination of wanting to fit in.

                  It's human nature.

                  However that being said we can wear western clothes but they need to be loose on us. And we need to style it out in a way that doesn't show off our bodies.

                  For the muslimahs who are comfy with jilbaab... good on u :)
                  But who really wants to fit in with the kuffar,except the kuffar?

                  I don't mind feeling like a stranger in a strange land,even though I was born and raised here.

                  Muslims need to start being proud of their religion instead of being ashamed and hiding it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                    Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
                    But who really wants to fit in with the kuffar,except the kuffar?

                    I don't mind feeling like a stranger in a strange land,even though I was born and raised here.

                    Muslims need to start being proud of their religion instead of being ashamed and hiding it.
                    No I want to fit in with my everyday life. It doesn't make me a kuffar or wanting to be like them at all.

                    The western dress style isn't just a kuffar thing. It's garments that they, now the whole world has adopted.

                    I like wearing those clothes I'm familiar with it. I feel fit in with everyone else whilst at the same time having met the a criteria of hijab.

                    And I'm more proud of my religion than anyone I know.

                    Your OP had issues with not meeting hijab criteria and I agreed with that but how we meet the hijab criteria is up to every individual and I have my own preference on it. No one should have a problem with that.
                    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                    "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                      Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
                      Salam alaikum


                      Maybe it's just me but I hate the trend of hijabis in the west of thinking that "hijab" is a headscarve and any thing else beside that is "extra"

                      Modesty should start at the waist down,the hair should be the absolute last thing women should worry about covering. No guy ever gets excited by, hair most men when the check a women out look at below the waist and chest. I've heard lot of what kuffar men say and Never once ever did I here"check her out,she has beautiful hair' or "what an amazing pony tail or "Can you believe the locks on that lass"
                      Never,I just made all that up as an example

                      I've notice that most women who wear "hijab" here put on a headscarf and other wise dress like the kuffar,I see kuffar women dress more modestly sometimes(and a lot less as well,more often)

                      Is it because that they're in the west that they need to compete with kuffaar women

                      and showing cleavage while wearing a headscarf is NEVER appropriate I consider that to be mocking Islam.

                      Whats next,short shorts and aheadscarf?

                      Aoutha billah

                      Ok rant over,thank you for your time
                      Walaykum Assalam,

                      There's so many issues and problems with the Muslim Community, thanks to a large extent to westernized, progressive muslims, that I personally don't even care anymore. Not worth it. Waste of time. Look the other way and let Allah deal with it.

                      What you should worry about is the next gen. Try to talk to as many muslim children as you can. Try to help them feel a sense of identity. That will help the ummah more than worrying about these people.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                        Hijab is defined I think, it's not like define it like according to your nafs.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                          Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                          No I want to fit in with my everyday life. It doesn't make me a kuffar or wanting to be like them at all.

                          The western dress style isn't just a kuffar thing. It's garments that they, now the whole world has adopted.

                          I like wearing those clothes I'm familiar with it. I feel fit in with everyone else whilst at the same time having met the a criteria of hijab.

                          And I'm more proud of my religion than anyone I know.

                          Your OP had issues with not meeting hijab criteria and I agreed with that but how we meet the hijab criteria is up to every individual and I have my own preference on it. No one should have a problem with that.
                          Buying clothes off the rack and adapting them to meet the criteria is fine just don't imitate the kuffar.If your going for ankle length dresses that cover your legs fully that's fine but tight pants and JUST a headscarf is really what I was getting at with this thread.

                          Hijab is not just a headscarf,It's being fully covered,head to ankle and not showing your shape.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                            Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
                            Buying clothes off the rack and adapting them to meet the criteria is fine just don't imitate the kuffar.If your going for ankle length dresses that cover your legs fully that's fine but tight pants and JUST a headscarf is really what I was getting at with this thread.

                            Hijab is not just a headscarf,It's being fully covered,head to ankle and not showing your shape.
                            Hijab extends beyond physical looks :)
                            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                            "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                              Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
                              Buying clothes off the rack and adapting them to meet the criteria is fine just don't imitate the kuffar.If your going for ankle length dresses that cover your legs fully that's fine but tight pants and JUST a headscarf is really what I was getting at with this thread.

                              Hijab is not just a headscarf,It's being fully covered,head to ankle and not showing your shape.
                              Erm, maybe try avoid looking all together. That might help.

                              Whether you are right or wrong, you can't force women to dress how men want them too, they are kinda stubborn when it comes to stuff like this.

                              So, all you can do is help yourself by staring at that beautifully designed, mosaic floor.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

                                Btw sisters go crazy with *imitatin the kuffar* (which really means wearing what the non muslims wear) at home for your husbands...

                                You'd get thawab for pleasing him trust me that's why islam is so damn beeeeeeooooootiful

                                "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                                "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X