Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

Salam alaikum

Maybe it's just me but I hate the trend of hijabis in the west of thinking that "hijab" is a headscarve and any thing else beside that is "extra"

Modesty should start at the waist down,the hair should be the absolute last thing women should worry about covering. No guy ever gets excited by, hair most men when the check a women out look at below the waist and chest. I've heard lot of what kuffar men say and Never once ever did I here"check her out,she has beautiful hair' or "what an amazing pony tail or "Can you believe the locks on that lass"
    Never,I just made all that up as an example

I've notice that most women who wear "hijab" here put on a headscarf and other wise dress like the kuffar,I see kuffar women dress more modestly sometimes(and a lot less as well,more often)

Is it because that they're in the west that they need to compete with kuffaar women

and showing cleavage while wearing a headscarf is NEVER appropriate I consider that to be mocking Islam.

Whats next,short shorts and aheadscarf?

Aoutha billah

Ok rant over,thank you for your time

Re: I hate this trend in Hijabis in the west

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

wa aleykum assalam

No guy ever gets excited by, hair
      Maybe not among the vulgar who are impressed by something as effortless as a low cut top.

Comment

Lack of Islamic education. The community failed them.

Comment

:wswrwb:

May Allah guide them to the straight path. Ameen. They have their own fitnah that they have to go through, we live in a society where wearing barely any clothes is promoted. Now imagine being a Woman who has been obligated (Men as well) to hide their awrah? very tough thing to do especially in today's time. At least they're making an effort in wearing the headscarf, and maybe they'll start wearing modest clothing in the future. Women are facing a lot of pressure to look, and act a certain way. As Men we think it's easy to wear proper Hijab or Niqab and always criticize but never look at it from the Women's perspective.
          "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

There is a reason why women focus so much time on a particular hairstyle, and emulate other celebs. Its to look attractive....
            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
              To an extent

But sometimes you have to take part of the blame as well

Theres a reason why knowledge is a must for all muslims, and there's also a reason why one's path to jannah is made easy if he seeks knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                There is a reason why women focus so much time on a particular hairstyle, and emulate other celebs. Its to look attractive....
                Women have it easier picking out hairstyles though. Everything looks good. For us it always changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post

May Allah guide them to the straight path. Ameen. They have their own fitnah that they have to go through, we live in a society where wearing barely any clothes is promoted. Now imagine being a Woman who has been obligated (Men as well) to hide their awrah? very tough thing to do especially in today's time. At least they're making an effort in wearing the headscarf, and maybe they'll start wearing modest clothing in the future. Women are facing a lot of pressure to look, and act a certain way. As Men we think it's easy to wear proper Hijab or Niqab and always criticize but never look at it from the Women's perspective.
                  Yes, but tomorrow is never guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
                    To an extent

But sometimes you have to take part of the blame as well

Theres a reason why knowledge is a must for all muslims, and there's also a reason why one's path to jannah is made easy if he seeks knowledge
                    Fairs.

Comment

Hijab is seen as a fashion component by both male and female perspective. Wearing correct hijab isn't so hard, but it needs determination and patience. Sadly, in these times we are noticing a new fitnah is popping up to hide the main objective of hijab and to suit it with western values.

May Allah guide those people and give them the correct understanding. Ameen.

Comment

Yes, it really is a sad state of affairs.

First and foremost, brothers need to understand how much of a fitnah this is for our sisters. Similar to how brothers have a hard time lowering their gaze, sisters too have a hard time covering fully. They suffer through immense pressure to look their best, to not look or feel ugly lest they suffer cripplingly low self esteem. Not to mention how they are constantly surrounded by kafir women who are always dressed to impress. The environment can be extremely demoralizing.

So while yes, what these sisters are doing is very wrong, often times it is not always out of malice toward Islamic rulings. Many times sisters just don't have the confidence or the strength of imaan to cover fully. There are insecurities and fears to deal with as well; some think they will have a hard time getting married if they don't wear makeup or dress a certain way. Other times it's just ignorance of course. And yes there are also some who are liberal and/or modernist in their views toward hijab and have contempt toward what Islam really teaches about this.

But the point is, it's not as simple as brothers tend to see it. I am by no means condoning or justifying what these sisters are wearing--in fact I hate the way some of these sisters dress--but we should be a little more understanding of the roots of the problem rather than assuming they're all doing it as a mockery of the deen.

Comment

The title is making it sound like this is only an issue in the West. It's actually a global one.

Originally posted by Medic View Post
                          I'm not a 100% with that but you are right that the community has a huge role to play and can help and prevent certain issues in many ways. But it's not wholly the communities fault if the individuals are not making an effort to understand what hijab is and whether they really want to follow that ruling or not. Or if they just want to follow the latest fashion trends.

The other thing we have to take into consideration is that most people are educated. Muslims have progressed a lot and even in terms of Islamic education, the new generation know more about Islam than the older generations. They are aware. They are ready to quote an ayah of the Quran on instagram/twitter any time of the day to make their actions justified. Things have changed rapidly in the last decade or so.

How can people that are ready to refute you about their version of hijab not know about what Islam is really asking them to do? They know about modesty, they know about the gaze, they know about 'halal' relationships.

I used to think it is all to do with ignorance but this reason is fading away very slowly when you look at the overall picture. Of course there are some that don't know because they don't have that help available. They simply don't know and that's not their fault as long as they are trying for their own akhiraah.

There are many muslim communities everywhere not just here in the UK. Most muslims have access to everything. They are not restricted as such.

In some parts of the UK there will be some people that show hostility but that happens everywhere.

When you wear the hijab there is that natural inclination of wanting to know more and if you are doing it right or not. Especially in this day and age when everyone (including non muslims) know about this 'strange' religion Islam, it's everywhere and this already puts you in a position to question yourself and your identity.

Hijab is simply wearing loose clothing and covering your hair. It's not asking you to look beautiful which requires more effort. Get what I mean? Society is there to dictate to you how to look but are you going to become a slave to society and always be miserable or are you going to be free and rely on your religion to remove this burden from you?

The subjugation of women has always been there. This is nothing new. It will always be there when it comes to marriage, make up, education, family, and everything really. That pressure is there but it doesn't mean you let that kind of a system control you unless you really want to fit in with the wrong crowd.

What's new is how much progression and development has taken place, so the question is what's the intention?

That is for us to never know and to never find out but only for the individuals concerned to know and be aware of. It's all very well to make up on, wear skinny tights and then wrap up with a scarf. Might as well take the scarf off altogether because it is 'tough' out there, it's just disrespectful to the religion and confusing for new comers to the religion.

No one is perfect, we all learn at different times.

May Allah guide us all and make us better muslims with the correct intentions- Ameen
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
                            wa aleykum assalam

Maybe not among the vulgar who are impressed by something as effortless as a low cut top.

He has a point, a man will naturally look at a female's body more than the hair
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

But it starts from the bottom. If one of them changes, the rest will fall like dominoes.

I changed because of friends.

That's why I admire these trans, I know shoot me for saying this, but they go out being a man dressed as a woman confidently and these gay men I know from work who wore mini-skirts and see through tops, and I think if they have the confidence to do such a haraam even in the environment today where they do generally get stared at, then that just exposes how lame I am in trying to identify myself and encourage others to adhere to Islam outside.
                              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Working...
                              X