Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeardman - already noticing the difference

https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...he-difference/

Umar ibn Al Khattab (radiallahu anhu) saw a man with a huge belly and said: “What is this?” He said, “A blessing from Allah.” He said, “Rather it is a punishment from Allah.”

Manaaqib Ameer al-Mu’mineen, p.200

Assalaamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,

Those who have known me for a while know I occasionally go on a diet regime, it lasts for a short time, somewhere between weeks to months, I lose some weight, I do walk a lot anyway, so I do a little bit more exercise, eat healthily ish but soon enough I slack off and my big fat reserves and and overly large waistline comes back again within a few months or at most a year.

I’m overweight and terrible at dieting and worse at getting around to exercise, it’s not good, and it’s certainly not Islamic to be so badly out of shape but it is what it is and it’s my burden to be dealing with....
    Full article and pictures linked top of the post

• Gingerbeardman
    replied
    Re: Gingerbeardman - already noticing the difference

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
    k,here is one of them

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:
    I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), in the year of the Conquest of Mecca, saying, "Allah and His Apostle made illegal the trade of alcohol, dead animals, pigs and idols." The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! What about the fat of dead animals, for it was used for greasing the boats and the hides; and people use it for lights?" He said, "No, it is illegal." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) further said, "May Allah curse the Jews, for Allah made the fat (of animals) illegal for them, yet they melted the fat and sold it and ate its price."

and it is still in the Torah/Bible

New International Version,Leviticus 7:23
    "Say to the Israelites: 'Do not eat any of the fat of cattle, sheep or goats.
    Brother, that is totally out of context to the hadith.

The hadith is regarding stripping the animal which has not been slaughtered, but died otherwise, of it's fat for use in tanning and greasing boats, boiling down to make candles and oil for lamps etc. It's absolutely nothing to do with eating.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeardman
    replied

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
    Lol those pictures made the article!
    May Allah help you achieve your goal.
    Also...caught a couple of typos in there. Don't know if you're the type to welcome that or not. Let me know.
    No, let me have it, better I know and keep correcting my mistakes than keep making them.

Leave a comment:

• neon
    replied

This is proven advise that works.

Do HIIT (high intensity interval training) on the Bike machine in the gym or whereever as often as possible for at least 20 minutes. You will lose the fat in your waist in no time. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• arif123f
    replied

:salams:

:jkk: akhi.

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

k,here is one of them

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:
    I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), in the year of the Conquest of Mecca, saying, "Allah and His Apostle made illegal the trade of alcohol, dead animals, pigs and idols." The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! What about the fat of dead animals, for it was used for greasing the boats and the hides; and people use it for lights?" He said, "No, it is illegal." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) further said, "May Allah curse the Jews, for Allah made the fat (of animals) illegal for them, yet they melted the fat and sold it and ate its price."

and it is still in the Torah/Bible

New International Version,Leviticus 7:23
    "Say to the Israelites: 'Do not eat any of the fat of cattle, sheep or goats.

Leave a comment:

• TCKMuslima
    replied

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...he-difference/

Full article and pictures linked top of the post
    Lol those pictures made the article!
    May Allah help you achieve your goal.
    Also...caught a couple of typos in there. Don't know if you're the type to welcome that or not. Let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeardman
    replied

DO NOT CUT OUT THE FAT!!!!

That is the one of the things Jews did that they were told NOT to and incurred ALLAH aza wa jal wrath.

A proper halal butcher will include meat,fat,grisle and bone in his cuts.

A brother gave me some lamb and rice the other day because he had a child and it's sunnah to slaughter a sheep for a baby.

Reason it was so GOOD was because the the sheep was butcher correctly,LOTS of fat included.(I made a lot of dua for that family!)

Eating only lean meat is imitating the kuffar.

Eating fat doesn't make you fat if you eat the correct amounts.
    Was reading an article on this the other day, how the sugar industry basically bribed the scientists a few decades ago to put the blame for obesity on fat, not sugars and think there has been a sea change in the healthy living types over the past few years over whether fat is really that bad for you or not.

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

This computer is garbage sorry,I'll post the hadith tomorrow when I can get to a Comp that is GARBAGE~!

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    lol

I like fat but not unhealthy fat that are bad for your heart, it's natural for me and my family to get rid of it because we want to. Not because of what non muslims say.

I didn't know about the jews doing this, where is your daleel please?

:jkk:
    sorry I can paste the the text on this junk compotator

It's in the two sahihah as well as Muwatta Malik Sunan Ibn Majah.

Jews were forbidden fat but cut it out and resold it, hence they were cursed by The Prophet saw and in the tafseer of Al.Fatiha it is the Christians who went astray and the Jews that incurred ALLAHS wrath.

They do the same thing with milk,at one time milk was milk but now it's "skimmed",
    What they are skimming it's fat.

WHY CAN I NOT PASTE????

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

That is the one of the things Jews did that they were told NOT to and incurred ALLAH aza wa jal wrath.

A brother gave me some lamb and rice the other day because he had a child and it's sunnah to slaughter a sheep for a baby.

Reason it was so GOOD was because the the sheep was butcher correctly,LOTS of fat included.(I made a lot of dua for that family!)

lol

I like fat but not unhealthy fat that are bad for your heart, it's natural for me and my family to get rid of it because we want to. Not because of what non muslims say.

I didn't know about the jews doing this, where is your daleel please?

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    :salams:

I LOVE chicken curry. Alhamdulillah

If you like cooking then you can experiment with different flavours, cut out the fat and still enjoy yourself.

I eat when I am hungry. One of my sibling's follows all this diet stuff. I just don't care as long as I'm happy with my looks.

I'm more into self defence exercise. I don't do it though. Anything that makes you sweat is good. Walking everyday is simple and free. Walk fast and as soon as you run out of breath you know your body is working. It's a good starting point.

After you get that out of the way you can start lifting those 50 kg potatoes and rice sacks.

Leave a comment:

• Sarah5
    replied

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    I apologise for coming across as cranky. Here's the links:

https://www.islamweb.net/ver2/engblu...ing%20Food.pdf (useful PDF)

https://seekerofthesacredknowledge.w...heir-benefits/ (12 super foods)
    http://musliminc.com/13-super-foods-...mmad-pbuh-4347 (similar to above)

http://almadinainstitute.org/blog/th...rs-resolution/ (diet recommendations linked to Sunnah)
    :jkk: brother! I will definitely read them in sha' Allah!

And sorry if I'm too sensitive, I know I shouldn't be.

Leave a comment:

• LA3
    replied

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
    Try googling the Irriwaddy Dolphin, Blob Fish, The Gerenuk.

All strange and wonderful creatures.
    AsSalaamu Alaikum

Google "Markhor" for the best beard in the game.

Gingerbeardman - Keep going brother, as consitent as the 5 salawaat In Shaa Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
    I commend you for trying brother, it's not easy that's for sure.

I have some tips if you want, and these are just personal anecdotes, not a doctor's order. Again, this is what's working for me, and obviously every journey is different, but just in case you are interested, here are my methods; if you do not like any advice please refrain from looking at this, I don't want to be that person who gives unwanted advice.

1. In my opinion the most important aspect is FOOD CHOICES! When I used to work out, my appetite would increase drastically, which is why I now do more sensible 'workouts' such as walking, and overall moving around more often. However, exercise is EXTREMELY beneficial, I just ended up with a lot of injuries due to poor form.

2. Try to fast Mondays and Thursdays as nafil as the Prophet SAAWS did. Fasting has many benefits alhamdulillah and the biggest one is pleasing Allah SWT.

3. Make food a survival item! Don't use it as a coping item or a solution for boredom. If you keep yourself busy, think of "doing stuff now, food later" mentality. Try to just think of it "I eat so I can do stuff". Find some hobbies, enroll in classes, take up extra shifts if you want. Anything that will keep you busy, plus it's also being productive, which in sha' Allah is a good thing!

4.Don't limit yourself to healthy foods, that's too boring and never works. Who wants a chicken breast for lunch with some greens? Instead, try to make your foods healthier. For example, make your curries with Greek yogurt (make sure it's halal of course). Or instead of half and half use full fat milk/ 2% milk. Anything that suits your taste buds. Rice without oil, or minimal oil. Bake never fry. You can coat your foods with some oil and bake them if you do not like the taste of just bake In sha' Allah you will adapt a taste for them!

Again, these are things that helped me, I hope this isn't unsolicited advice, I just want to help in sha' Allah!

Salam!
    Alhamdullilah sister, very good tips. :jkk:

I just wanted to add:

Full fat milk is actually healthier. It fills you up more quickly and therefore makes you less prone to eating food and there's lots of good fats.

Again depends on what your frying. Frying eggs isn't an issue, because the egg do not absorb the oil. In fact it's worse baking eggs in butter, because it absorbs the butter, so frying is healthier.

I sincerely hope this benefits you!
    Last edited by Magic.; 27-09-16, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X