Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gingerbeardman - already noticing the difference

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
    A diet that mainly corporates food and eating habits from the sunnah.
    What else could it be?:scratch:
    Plenty of articles that list the hadith.
    :salams
    Well when I looked it up it only mentions how the Prophet SAAWS ate (manner in which he ate), not the specificity of what he ate, hence why I asked. I was inquiring about the 'diet' aspect, what did he mainly eat?

Excuse me for asking, I didn't know it would frustrate some people.

Comment

There is a difference between actually being overweight, and Western notions of "fat".

Same West where men shape their eyebrows, use make up etc. Many cultures prefer fatter women also, oh no.

Comment

And here i was thinking you put up pictures of yourself

Troll

Brother, next time i will neg rep you to teach you a lesson. That will hurt your feelings and make you not do something like this again
        Last edited by Faith reloaded; 27-09-16, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
          Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
          A diet that mainly corporates food and eating habits from the sunnah.
          What else could it be?:scratch:
          Plenty of articles that list the hadith.
          :salams
          Well when I looked it up it only mentions how the Prophet SAAWS ate (manner in which he ate), not the specificity of what he ate, hence why I asked. I was inquiring about the 'diet' aspect, what did he mainly eat?

Perhaps i am wrong, but i imagine loads of simple foods like dates and fruits and porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
            I keep reading your name as Gingerbreadman. ;/

Great site you got there.

:jkk:
            He couldn't be gingerbreadman bro because the gingerbreadman was too fast and elusive - nobody could catch him. Whereas in OP's case, judging by his 'large waistline' as he put it, I'm guessing he can't run very fast.

No just joking outreach. It was a lame joke. May Allah enable you to lose the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekoor View Post
              Me too until i read your post...lol
              yes, everyone does that at first, don't think the profile pic helps matters much
              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

I commend you for trying brother, it's not easy that's for sure.

I have some tips if you want, and these are just personal anecdotes, not a doctor's order. Again, this is what's working for me, and obviously every journey is different, but just in case you are interested, here are my methods; if you do not like any advice please refrain from looking at this, I don't want to be that person who gives unwanted advice.

1. In my opinion the most important aspect is FOOD CHOICES! When I used to work out, my appetite would increase drastically, which is why I now do more sensible 'workouts' such as walking, and overall moving around more often. However, exercise is EXTREMELY beneficial, I just ended up with a lot of injuries due to poor form.

2. Try to fast Mondays and Thursdays as nafil as the Prophet SAAWS did. Fasting has many benefits alhamdulillah and the biggest one is pleasing Allah SWT.

3. Make food a survival item! Don't use it as a coping item or a solution for boredom. If you keep yourself busy, think of "doing stuff now, food later" mentality. Try to just think of it "I eat so I can do stuff". Find some hobbies, enroll in classes, take up extra shifts if you want. Anything that will keep you busy, plus it's also being productive, which in sha' Allah is a good thing!

4.Don't limit yourself to healthy foods, that's too boring and never works. Who wants a chicken breast for lunch with some greens? Instead, try to make your foods healthier. For example, make your curries with Greek yogurt (make sure it's halal of course). Or instead of half and half use full fat milk/ 2% milk. Anything that suits your taste buds. Rice without oil, or minimal oil. Bake never fry. You can coat your foods with some oil and bake them if you do not like the taste of just bake In sha' Allah you will adapt a taste for them!

Again, these are things that helped me, I hope this isn't unsolicited advice, I just want to help in sha' Allah!

Salam!
                Jazakillahu khairan for the advice, it's all good and welcome
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekoor View Post
                  I am currently on a diet and have started cardio training

On 30/7/16 I weighed 98 today 84...
                  My target is 70 by early 2017 Insha-Allah
                  Hope that's kilos and not pounds or you're massively underweight

Comment

[MENTION=140263]Sarah5[/MENTION]

Baarakallahu feeki

It's not a silly question

There are indeed specific foods, but i forgot their names...

Now i am curious too

If anyone knows, pls share :D

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                      Hope that's kilos and not pounds or you're massively underweight

It is kgs

Comment

What is the Sunnah diet?
                        Eat only food from the sunnah and follow the sunnah in eating

Examples of sunnah eating
                        eat only with your right hand,no two fisting a giant cheesburger
                        eat WITH other people,your less likely to scarf down food.
                        Most importantly eat 1/3 food,1/3 fluid and 1/3 air.

Food from the sunnah include.
                        barley/oats,eat less refined wheat,whole grain barley/oats,it is better for you.
                        dates,instead of candy and chocolate
                        lamb instead of beef

There are lots of ahadith that cover food and the etiquette of eating,read up and then follow them.

http://sunnah.com/

Most importantly FAST! it's one of the pillars of Islam. It's hard to gain weight when your not eating.

Comment

From my understanding He saw ate mostly dates and barley,those were the two staples in Madinah and Mekkah.

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:
                          In the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) , we used to give one Sa' of food (edible things) as Sadaqat-ul-Fitr (to the poor). Our food used to be either of barley, raisins (dried grapes), cottage cheese or dates.

Comment

I apologise for coming across as cranky. Here's the links:

https://www.islamweb.net/ver2/engblu...ing%20Food.pdf (useful PDF)

https://seekerofthesacredknowledge.w...heir-benefits/ (12 super foods)
                            http://musliminc.com/13-super-foods-...mmad-pbuh-4347 (similar to above)

http://almadinainstitute.org/blog/th...rs-resolution/ (diet recommendations linked to Sunnah)
                            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

:salams:

I LOVE chicken curry. Alhamdulillah

If you like cooking then you can experiment with different flavours, cut out the fat and still enjoy yourself.

I eat when I am hungry. One of my sibling's follows all this diet stuff. I just don't care as long as I'm happy with my looks.

I'm more into self defence exercise. I don't do it though. Anything that makes you sweat is good. Walking everyday is simple and free. Walk fast and as soon as you run out of breath you know your body is working. It's a good starting point.

After you get that out of the way you can start lifting those 50 kg potatoes and rice sacks.
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I commend you for trying brother, it's not easy that's for sure.

I have some tips if you want, and these are just personal anecdotes, not a doctor's order. Again, this is what's working for me, and obviously every journey is different, but just in case you are interested, here are my methods; if you do not like any advice please refrain from looking at this, I don't want to be that person who gives unwanted advice.

1. In my opinion the most important aspect is FOOD CHOICES! When I used to work out, my appetite would increase drastically, which is why I now do more sensible 'workouts' such as walking, and overall moving around more often. However, exercise is EXTREMELY beneficial, I just ended up with a lot of injuries due to poor form.

2. Try to fast Mondays and Thursdays as nafil as the Prophet SAAWS did. Fasting has many benefits alhamdulillah and the biggest one is pleasing Allah SWT.

3. Make food a survival item! Don't use it as a coping item or a solution for boredom. If you keep yourself busy, think of "doing stuff now, food later" mentality. Try to just think of it "I eat so I can do stuff". Find some hobbies, enroll in classes, take up extra shifts if you want. Anything that will keep you busy, plus it's also being productive, which in sha' Allah is a good thing!

4.Don't limit yourself to healthy foods, that's too boring and never works. Who wants a chicken breast for lunch with some greens? Instead, try to make your foods healthier. For example, make your curries with Greek yogurt (make sure it's halal of course). Or instead of half and half use full fat milk/ 2% milk. Anything that suits your taste buds. Rice without oil, or minimal oil. Bake never fry. You can coat your foods with some oil and bake them if you do not like the taste of just bake In sha' Allah you will adapt a taste for them!

Again, these are things that helped me, I hope this isn't unsolicited advice, I just want to help in sha' Allah!

Salam!
                                Alhamdullilah sister, very good tips. :jkk:

I just wanted to add:

Full fat milk is actually healthier. It fills you up more quickly and therefore makes you less prone to eating food and there's lots of good fats.

Again depends on what your frying. Frying eggs isn't an issue, because the egg do not absorb the oil. In fact it's worse baking eggs in butter, because it absorbs the butter, so frying is healthier.

I sincerely hope this benefits you!
                                Last edited by Magic.; 27-09-16, 07:46 PM.
                                8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                                2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                                3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                                4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                                5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                                6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                                7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                                8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Working...
                                X