Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeardman - already noticing the difference

https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...he-difference/

Umar ibn Al Khattab (radiallahu anhu) saw a man with a huge belly and said: “What is this?” He said, “A blessing from Allah.” He said, “Rather it is a punishment from Allah.”

Manaaqib Ameer al-Mu’mineen, p.200

Assalaamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,

Those who have known me for a while know I occasionally go on a diet regime, it lasts for a short time, somewhere between weeks to months, I lose some weight, I do walk a lot anyway, so I do a little bit more exercise, eat healthily ish but soon enough I slack off and my big fat reserves and and overly large waistline comes back again within a few months or at most a year.

I’m overweight and terrible at dieting and worse at getting around to exercise, it’s not good, and it’s certainly not Islamic to be so badly out of shape but it is what it is and it’s my burden to be dealing with....
    Full article and pictures linked top of the post
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Re: Gingerbeardman - already noticing the difference

I keep reading your name as Gingerbreadman. ;/

Great site you got there.

:jkk:

Comment

"Overweight Orangutans" might beat out "Giraffe with Dwarfism" as my favourite animals to Google.

Well done for the lifestyle change - as with most things, consistency is key :up:
      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
      http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
        "Overweight Orangutans" might beat out "Giraffe with Dwarfism" as my favourite animals to Google.

Well done for the lifestyle change - as with most things, consistency is key :up:
        Try googling the Irriwaddy Dolphin, Blob Fish, The Gerenuk.

All strange and wonderful creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
          Try googling the Irriwaddy Dolphin, Blob Fish, The Gerenuk.

All strange and wonderful creatures.
          I looked at the Gerenuk - it looks like a camel and a deer's love child :inlove:

Iyo waa soomali :) I'm gonna capture one when I go back to the motherland inshaAllah.
          And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post

Lol its nothing compared to king Kong :)
            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

I keep reading your name as Gingerbreadman. ;/

Great site you got there.

:jkk:
              Me too until i read your post...lol

Comment

I am currently on a diet and have started cardio training

On 30/7/16 I weighed 98 today 84...
                My target is 70 by early 2017 Insha-Allah

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
                  I looked at the Gerenuk - it looks like a camel and a deer's love child :inlove:

Iyo waa soomali :) I'm gonna capture one when I go back to the motherland inshaAllah.
                  Yes it is. The word gerenuk itself is derived from the Somali word Garanuug, which means giraffe-necked.

And what will you do with it after you capture it, Eenie? It better not end up on your dinner plate!

Comment

Yes it is. The word gerenuk itself is derived from the Somali word Garanuug, which means giraffe-necked.

And what will you do with it after you capture it, Eenie? It better not end up on your dinner plate!
                    Nooooo way - never on my plate! I'll keep it as my pet of course :inlove:

I'm going to open up my own zoo full of wild and exotic animals found and captured from the depths of our warm Indian ocean, from the greens of our lush Savannas and from the edges of our rocky mountains. Gotta catch 'em all! POKEMON!

But for real if people are allowed to have dogs that are bigger than their toddlers, I don't see why I can't have a garanuug.

Comment

I wish I was an Orangutan!
                      :salams
                      #SaladsOutForOrangutans
                      Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Eat Sunnah!

It's impossible to follow a sunnah diet and be overweight.

Comment

I commend you for trying brother, it's not easy that's for sure.

I have some tips if you want, and these are just personal anecdotes, not a doctor's order. Again, this is what's working for me, and obviously every journey is different, but just in case you are interested, here are my methods; if you do not like any advice please refrain from looking at this, I don't want to be that person who gives unwanted advice.

1. In my opinion the most important aspect is FOOD CHOICES! When I used to work out, my appetite would increase drastically, which is why I now do more sensible 'workouts' such as walking, and overall moving around more often. However, exercise is EXTREMELY beneficial, I just ended up with a lot of injuries due to poor form.

2. Try to fast Mondays and Thursdays as nafil as the Prophet SAAWS did. Fasting has many benefits alhamdulillah and the biggest one is pleasing Allah SWT.

3. Make food a survival item! Don't use it as a coping item or a solution for boredom. If you keep yourself busy, think of "doing stuff now, food later" mentality. Try to just think of it "I eat so I can do stuff". Find some hobbies, enroll in classes, take up extra shifts if you want. Anything that will keep you busy, plus it's also being productive, which in sha' Allah is a good thing!

4.Don't limit yourself to healthy foods, that's too boring and never works. Who wants a chicken breast for lunch with some greens? Instead, try to make your foods healthier. For example, make your curries with Greek yogurt (make sure it's halal of course). Or instead of half and half use full fat milk/ 2% milk. Anything that suits your taste buds. Rice without oil, or minimal oil. Bake never fry. You can coat your foods with some oil and bake them if you do not like the taste of just bake In sha' Allah you will adapt a taste for them!

Again, these are things that helped me, I hope this isn't unsolicited advice, I just want to help in sha' Allah!

Salam!

Comment

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
                            Eat Sunnah!

It's impossible to follow a sunnah diet and be overweight.
                            What is the Sunnah diet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                              What is the Sunnah diet?
                              A diet that mainly corporates food and eating habits from the sunnah.
                              What else could it be?:scratch:
                              Plenty of articles that list the hadith.
                              :salams
                              Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Working...
                              X