Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fpr da ladies: How do you save up?

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Marry a miser. Then you won't ever have to worry about budgeting again.
    any guy who's smart at keeping to a budget - that's the one for me.

Comment

Well you can stop by going to malls or going on shopping websites and when you do go shopping make a list of what you need and don't deviate from it, keep your credit card limit low.

If i actually told you how much I spent in shopping this summer you wouldn't even believe it but alhumdulilah something i can afford comfortably, never spent more than i could afford. There's no concept of saving these days, people spending money left right and center with no sense of responsibility.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	10764235

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Okay. Sorry if I seem a little harsh earlier. I'm naturally not much of a spender, so I don't keep a specific budget that I stick to, because I'm not prone to impulse shop, Alhamdulillah. Here are some tips that might help you.

1. ALWAYS look at the price before picking an item, even something small like a candy.

2. Compare prices, buy the one that has most value, not necessarily the cheapest. Look for offers, discounts, etc.

3. Do NOT buy things you don't need. If you already have a full bottle of shampoo / lotion / deodorant / whatever at home, do NOT buy another one. Just nope.

3. Make a list of things you need before you go shopping. Go inside the shop, pick up the items and get out (don't forget to pay! :D). Do NOT browse around or window shop.

4. Food and snacks, this is a bit trickier, I know. Sometimes you get back from work/school, and you're hungry and you think I deserve a treat. This is what I do, and I don't know if it's applicable to you. When I get paid, I keep $50 in my wallet, and I put the rest into my savings account. I pay for everything with my debit card, including grocery shopping. That way, I only use the cash for snacks or ready-made food, and I won't spend over the budget for them. If I run out of cash, I don't take out more from an ATM.

Hope this helps. Practice them from now, and InshaAllah by the time you start earning your own money, you will have good spending habits.

Oh, one last important thing. Try to give sadaqah whenever you can. This will increase your rizq, InshaAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
          Okay. Sorry if I seem a little harsh earlier. I'm naturally not much of a spender, so I don't keep a specific budget that I stick to, because I'm not prone to impulse shop, Alhamdulillah. Here are some tips that might help you.

1. ALWAYS look at the price before picking an item, even something small like a candy.

2. Compare prices, buy the one that has most value, not necessarily the cheapest. Look for offers, discounts, etc.

3. Do NOT buy things you don't need. If you already have a full bottle of shampoo / lotion / deodorant / whatever at home, do NOT buy another one. Just nope.

3. Make a list of things you need before you go shopping. Go inside the shop, pick up the items and get out (don't forget to pay! :D). Do NOT browse around or window shop.

4. Food and snacks, this is a bit trickier, I know. Sometimes you get back from work/school, and you're hungry and you think I deserve a treat. This is what I do, and I don't know if it's applicable to you. When I get paid, I keep $50 in my wallet, and I put the rest into my savings account. I pay for everything with my debit card, including grocery shopping. That way, I only use the cash for snacks or ready-made food, and I won't spend over the budget for them. If I run out of cash, I don't take out more from an ATM.

Hope this helps. Practice them from now, and InshaAllah by the time you start earning your own money, you will have good spending habits.

Oh, one last important thing. Try to give sadaqah whenever you can. This will increase your rizq, InshaAllah.
          Nice! The last tip, especially. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
            That's Option 4: Get married.
            What if he is poor?
            As girls love all things pretty and shiny.

Comment

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
              What if he is poor?
              As girls love all things pretty and shiny.
              Obviously you are going to look elsewhere...as if a poor guy is going to get a first look let alone a second.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                Obviously you are going to look elsewhere...as if a poor guy is going to get a first look let alone a second.
                If his Deen is on spot, I wouldn't care less about money.
                Money is so common everyone has it, some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                  So I cant help myself buying beauty products like pads, feminine wipes, hair oil and deaodarant and all that good stuff, on my way home from school.
                  But I cant seem to learn how to save up because I get so tempted to spend! It's like an impulse thing. How do you girls get over it?

All those stuff i mentioned above are a must-have!!! I'll feel pretty gross without having them in my bag!

Also, not only do I spend on those. I spend a lot on snacks and food as well. These are done whilst im on my way home.

Because of this, I need to step up on my savings in the long term, because I don't wanna end up like a brokeASS kid.

So girls, how do you guys get rid of this fitna to spend more than you need? It's a bad habit I've been having, and I'd like to hear some tips from you guys.

x
                  Masha'Allah, that you want to better your financial situation. May Allah SWT make it ease for you.

Keep snacks in your bag, as fruit/nuts/sandwich/water/chocolate.
                  Plan what you need for month, and buy accordingly. Look for good deals and stock up in some items. Buy cheaper alternatives, as often we pay for packaging.
                  Try to save 15-30% from your disposable income. If not possible, save even few coins a week, and built up from there, in sha'Allah. Try living by your means. making rough monthly budget.
                  When buying something more expensive, shop around for best deal and save for it.

Don't forget to reward/spoil yourself, when you deserve it.

Comment

When bagging your bag before going out, make sure you have essential with you. I have 'girl's survival kit' in my bag, that will stop impulse shopping. In sha'Allah.

Comment

Saving and my name don't go together :/
                      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

The struggle is real.

Comment

Rainy day money
                          I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I don't, until I've paid off my loan, majority going towards that
                            Interest keeps building though, so will prolly be like 2 years till it's paid off
                            Insha ' Allah its sooner though.
                            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Leave your money/cards at home and only walk out with a fiver.. Simple dimple :up:
                              I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                              Guide me on your path to your janna,
                              Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Working...
                              X