Fpr da ladies: How do you save up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fpr da ladies: How do you save up?

So I cant help myself buying beauty products like pads, feminine wipes, hair oil and deaodarant and all that good stuff, on my way home from school.
    But I cant seem to learn how to save up because I get so tempted to spend! It's like an impulse thing. How do you girls get over it?

All those stuff i mentioned above are a must-have!!! I'll feel pretty gross without having them in my bag!

Also, not only do I spend on those. I spend a lot on snacks and food as well. These are done whilst im on my way home.

Because of this, I need to step up on my savings in the long term, because I don't wanna end up like a brokeASS kid.

So girls, how do you guys get rid of this fitna to spend more than you need? It's a bad habit I've been having, and I'd like to hear some tips from you guys.

x
    Last edited by nudgetheputri; 27-09-16, 02:43 AM.

Re: Fpr da ladies: How do you save up?

Looks like you need to set up a budget on how much you will spend monthly on personal products and snacks. Pack a lunch + snacks the night before and take it with you. Maybe start doing that 2-3x a week until you get used to it and then on more days.
    17-07

Comment

Originally posted by SheSaid View Post
      Looks like you need to set up a budget on how much you will spend monthly on personal products and snacks. Pack a lunch + snacks the night before and take it with you. Maybe start doing that 2-3x a week until you get used to it and then on more days.
      Never works sis :rotfl: not with people who see more value in goods than money itself ;)
      "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

You're still in school? So it's your parents' money you're spending?

The simplest advice would be don't go to any shop. Walk straight home from school.

Comment

For necessities, like you mentioned, buy a months supply one time. Or when its' on special and keep. It's not like pads are going to to stale. Buying in bulk from a supermarket is also cheaper. If you go to smaller convenience stores on the way home then you're probably paying too much for them.

Try putting non private essentials, like hair oil, deodorant etc on your parents shopping list if you can.

Comment

Rn i make150 euros a week, which isnt much but i save aboutb50-70 a week and i use 50 for gas and then 20-30 euros on extras

Before when i worked full time i had 1200 a month and i saved about 800, the trick is to take the money you wanna save from your account the minute you receive it, bc if u leave it on too long you will spend it
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Best way to save money: only carry cash. Leave the card at home. Make your food at home - eat healthy snacks like tangerines and nuts or whatever you find at home. InshaAllah, you'll save a bunch in no time.

e.g. you take out £10 at the beginning of the week and leave your card with someone you trust, telling them not to give it to you under any circumstances. You are now responsible for stretching that £10 across 7 days - if you blow it all on Monday - that's your problem.
              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Option 1: Generate income
                Option 2: Set up a saving's account
                Option 3: Implement a severe austerity measure

But I find the best way of saving money is by spending someone else's money ;)

Comment

Most people budget by setting a spending amount .

I budget by setting saving goals....so by 3 months I want to save £xx amount.

That way the amount I spend can be flexible, more one month or less another month
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Zaitoonah View Post
                    Option 1: Generate income
                    Option 2: Set up a saving's account
                    Option 3: Implement a severe austerity measure

But I find the best way of saving money is by spending someone else's money ;)
                    That's Option 4: Get married.

Comment

Yeh I'm so crap at this
                      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Fpr da ladies: How do you save up?

Marry a miser. Then you won't ever have to worry about budgeting again.

Comment

:salams:

Everyone has given good advise.

Maybe start paying rent? This will help you to be a bit more responsible. But instead of your parents taking the money just explain to them that you want to learn how to budget and manage your own money. Your mum can save the money for you and give it back to you at the end of the month or every three months.

When we don't have such responsibilities of paying the bills we can get carried away because there is no stress or being under pressure for not paying something that has to be paid.

Start learning how you can shop smarter. Compare prices. Branded names don't always mean a better product.
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Re: For da ladies: How do you save up?

[MENTION=38207]Jenicca[/MENTION] Hm I like the idea where you target to save xx amount within a period of time. That may work for me..
                            Last edited by nudgetheputri; 28-09-16, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              :salams:

Everyone has given good advise.

Maybe start paying rent? This will help you to be a bit more responsible. But instead of your parents taking the money just explain to them that you want to learn how to budget and manage your own money. Your mum can save the money for you and give it back to you at the end of the month or every three months.

When we don't have such responsibilities of paying the bills we can get carried away because there is no stress or being under pressure for not paying something that has to be paid.

Start learning how you can shop smarter. Compare prices. Branded names don't always mean a better product.
                              That's a smart tip!

Comment

Working...
                              X