• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISAupNorth
    started a topic Islamic hunting question

Islamic hunting question

Salam alaikum

Is It permissible to hunt with a slingshot?

I'm inclined to say no as slingshot generally kill by blunt force not penetration.

Has anyone ever hunted with a slingshot here?

I'm thinking of making some darts to use instead of shot so that I will get some blood flow and penetration.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm looking at harvesting a nice sized beaver but it's not much of land loving beaver so It would be easier to shoot it in the water.

Can't use a gun as it's too close to a road and I don't have a good bow to use.

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Re: Islamic hunting question

oh no

isupnorth is banned

I hope he understands that beavers are not halal

make sure you don't eat it brother, don't do it.

Leave a comment:

• quark
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    Let me ask you this: What makes a beaver and a rat family?
    Chopped from wikipedia:

Rodents (from Latin rodere, "to gnaw") are mammals of the order Rodentia, which are characterized by a single pair of unremittingly growing incisors in each of the upper and lower jaws.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

Originally posted by quark View Post
    But the "rodent family" is a modern classification, no? So what does a beaver share with eg a rat that makes the former haram because the latter is?
    Let me ask you this: What makes a beaver and a rat family?

Leave a comment:

• quark
    replied

Because it is a rodent. Rodents are filthy.
    But the "rodent family" is a modern classification, no? So what does a beaver share with eg a rat that makes the former haram because the latter is?

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

Originally posted by quark View Post
    Why is the rodent family haram?
    Because it is a rodent. Rodents are filthy.

Leave a comment:

• quark
    replied

For the benefit of those who are curious.

1: Hunting with a slingshot is haraam, any animal killed by it will be considered carrion.

2: Beavers are haraam, they belong to the rodent family.
    Why is the rodent family haram?

Leave a comment:

• Darul Ilm
    replied

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
    Exactly which part was disrepectful?
    quote me and I'll be back in ten minutes with a fresh coffee and prove point for point what I stated to be true.
    Or
    read the quote by the founder of the Hanafi madhab above and follow the advice He himself gave,which is what I was doing in the first place.
    The quote above? You mean this one?

"Do not follow me or Malik or Shafi’i or Auza’i or Thawri, but take from where they took (i.e. from the Qu’ran and authentic Sunnah).”
    Imam Ahmad Hanbal
    I really wasn't aware that imaam ahmad was the founder of the hanafi madhab, that's a new one for me.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

For the benefit of those who are curious.

1: Hunting with a slingshot is haraam, any animal killed by it will be considered carrion.

2: Beavers are haraam, they belong to the rodent family.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

1. Contradicts Quran

And this little piggy cried wee wee wee all the way home.

I warned people about making idiotic statements against the madhaahib, and brother Mikaeel warned you as well, but you were too arrogant in your ignorance, hence you will have to face the consequences of your actions.

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

1. Contradicts Quran

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
    Lawful to you is game from the sea and its food as provision for you and the travelers, but forbidden to you is game from the land as long as you are in the state of ihram. And fear Allah to whom you will be gathered.

2.Contradicts hadith

Narrated Jabir:
    We set out in the army of Al-Khabt and Abu Ubaida was the commander of the troops. We were struck with severe hunger and the sea threw out a dead fish the like of which we had never seen, and it was called Al-`Anbar. We ate of it for half a month. Abu Ubaida took (and fixed) one of its bones and a rider passed underneath it (without touching it). (Jabir added:) Abu 'Ubaida said (to us), "Eat (of that fish)." When we arrived at Medina, we informed the Prophet (ﷺ) about that, and he said, "Eat, for it is food Allah has brought out for you, and feed us if you have some of it." So some of them gave him (of that fish) and he ate it.

3.Copying the Jews

Leviticus11:12

New International Version
    Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be regarded as unclean by you.

Why are Muslimeen not to copy the jews?

Ibn ’Umar (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    “He who imitates any people (in their actions) is considered to be one of them.” Related by Abu Dawud and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

At-Tirmidhi reports from Adi ibn Hatim who said:

"I asked the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) about Allah's saying about, 'Those who have earned [Your] Anger', and he said, 'It refers to the Jews.' I then asked about, 'Those who have gone astray' and he said, 'The Christians are those who have gone astray.'

Leave a comment:

• Mikha’eel
    replied

If you cannot see anything wrong with this statement, then there isn't anymore to be said:

It makes no sense,contradicts Quran,contradicts ahadith and is copying the jews. the seem to make up rules with no daleel whatsoever just to sound smart

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

Exactly which part was disrepectful?
    quote me and I'll be back in ten minutes with a fresh coffee and prove point for point what I stated to be true.
    Or
    read the quote by the founder of the Hanafi madhab above and follow the advice He himself gave,which is what I was doing in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Mikha’eel
    replied

Quite trying to force your madhab on other people,THAT is arrogant.

"Do not follow me or Malik or Shafi’i or Auza’i or Thawri, but take from where they took (i.e. from the Qu’ran and authentic Sunnah).”
    Imam Ahmad Hanbal
    You don't get it do you?
    No one is forcing anything on you. you don't have to accept the ruling they have.

This is about your disrespectful language against them.
    This is about your arrogance, and slander against the Hanafi madhab and it's Ulema.

Doesn't matter which madhab it is, such nonsense will not b tolerated on this forum from anyone.

You were warned about the rules of the forum. You chose to double down on what you said.

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    Whatever happens to you next, you brought it upon yourself. Do not complain or cry about it.
    Quite trying to force your madhab on other people,THAT is arrogant.

Imam Ahmad Hanbal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X