Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islamic hunting question

Originally posted by Ikki View Post
    I know a girlie who slaughtered and served up her pet rabbit when she was going to university, as her mum said she wasn't prepared to take care of it.

You wouldn't know she had it in her. A thin thin girlie. But she's very down to earth and non drama like.

Oh wow. I don't know what to say to that. Lol.
    If someone tried to make me slaughter my own food to eat I'd probably spend an hour in distress, then look into the animal's eyes, burst into tears, spend another hour petting and apologizing to it, set it free and go boil some potatoes for dinner.
    Like. I. Could. Not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
      Mistakes are made. It could say 1 thing when it means something else.

1 can contact the site directly and ask them to rectify, and explaining the mistake.

Just because beavers do none of those things does not automatically make it halal.

Where is your evidence they are halal according to Islamic principles of what makes an animal halal or haram to eat? There are other factors to consider that can make an animal halal or haram to consume...

You are claiming it is halal, you like eating it, so the question is, have you made any actual effort to find out from Ulema if beavers are halal or haram to eat?
      My local alim doesn't really know about beavers and says,like he does for most things,"Allahu alim".
      I heard that some turkish ulema have made it haram but I haven''t seen the fatwa myslef. It's sounds pretty sketchy anyway as there are no beavers in Turkey to start with and teh caterigize beaver with totally unrelated animals.Marten,weasel,badgers and sea otters. the first three are all members of the weasel family and all weasels are Haram as they are predators with fangs,sea otters also have fangs.

The only others sources I found are hanafi and I discount the whole of Hanafi fiqh on food,It makes no sense,contradicts Quran,contradicts ahadith and is copying the jews. the seem to make up rules with no daleel whatsoever just to sound smart. the claim animals that burrow are haram and I've never seen any evidence produced for this statement.

check this and see how problems you can spot
      http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/22647

I can find LOTS and not little problems either,The site is indirectly accusing the Prophet of eating something Haram.
      and lacks basic understanding of simple anatomy.

I can't see any reason that beaver would not be halal,Can you?

and as I said everything is Halal until proven otherwise. I apply some basic rules to determine if a thing is Halal as there are many animals where I li vethat are Not covered in the Quran/Sunnah

examples: Moose,Elk,Mule deer,Pronghorn,Musk Ox,caribou,mountain goats,big horn sheep,seals,bears,cougar,coyotes,wolves,marten,min k,short tailed weasel,osprey,beavers,raccoon,porcupine

for all of those animals I can follow some basic rules as per hadith to determine if their Halal or haram.

Does it have fangs(canine teeth)? if so it is haram as per hadith

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/72/56

so right off the top we can eliminate all the predators and scavengers:Bears,seals,cougar coyote,wolves(which are both like dogs anyway),all the members of the weasel family(mink,marten,sable etc) raccoons

Does it graze? if so it's Halal as per Quran

https://quran.com/40/79

so we can add to the menu Moose,Elk,caribou,musk ox,mule dear,white tail dear,mountain goat and mountain sheep,beaver and procupine as they all graze whether it's grass,buds,shoots or bark.

Now I threw osprey in their just to be difficult,It's a bird that eats fish so it's halal right
      wrong,it has talons so it's haram as per this hadith
      http://sunnah.com/muslim/34/23

I can determine which is halal to hunt, pretty much anywhere in north america or the world with just one ayah and two hadith.

Not rocket science or even difficult,

you can explain the the rules to children and go through any continent's animals,make it a game and teach them something so they don't have to go running to an alim for every little question.

or be ass-backwards and ignorant like most muslims,

your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post

The only others sources I found are hanafi and I discount the whole of Hanafi fiqh on food,It makes no sense,contradicts Quran,contradicts ahadith and is copying the jews. the seem to make up rules with no daleel whatsoever just to sound smart. the claim animals that burrow are haram and I've never seen any evidence produced for this statement.
        It seems Hanafi bashing has become the norm around here over the past year or so. Everyone thinks they know better than the Ulema of the Hanafi madhab.

Only got 4 things to say here:
        1. Your post is incredibly arrogant
        2. Displays unbelievable ignorance
        3. And make no mistake about it, is pure slander against the Hanafi madhab and the Ulema of that madhab.

and finally

This is what our resident Moderator & Alim Abu Musab aka Darul Ilm posted barely 10 days ago:

Let me put on record here, that if any cases of madhab bashing/mockery are reported to me, then I will not be as lenient on the perpetrators as the other mods.

Don't say you weren't warned, and don't tell me you were just joking because that won't change my judgment on you.

I suggest you make tawbah from the slander you posted and ask the Mods to delete it.
        Last edited by Mikha’eel; 28-09-16, 06:31 PM.
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Neither mocked nor bashed them,Just stated the facts of the matter,sounds like Hanafis are far too sensitive.

Whale and all other seafood is halal until proven otherwise.

Truth=proof=truth,can't escape that. if seafood is haram bring proof.

If you don't want to eat lobster and follow the sharia of the Jews,knock yourself out. you can avoid camel and rabbit too but you can't say it's Haram.

If the Ulema of the hanafi madhab want to be taken seriously they should take the Quran and Sunnag seriously,

Comment

Whatever happens to you next, you brought it upon yourself. Do not complain or cry about it.

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Whatever happens to you next, you brought it upon yourself. Do not complain or cry about it.
              yh but he'll still be enjoying his cooked beaver tho.

Comment

Quite trying to force your madhab on other people,THAT is arrogant.

"Do not follow me or Malik or Shafi’i or Auza’i or Thawri, but take from where they took (i.e. from the Qu’ran and authentic Sunnah).”
                Imam Ahmad Hanbal

Comment

Quite trying to force your madhab on other people,THAT is arrogant.

"Do not follow me or Malik or Shafi’i or Auza’i or Thawri, but take from where they took (i.e. from the Qu’ran and authentic Sunnah).”
                  Imam Ahmad Hanbal
                  You don't get it do you?
                  No one is forcing anything on you. you don't have to accept the ruling they have.

This is about your disrespectful language against them.
                  This is about your arrogance, and slander against the Hanafi madhab and it's Ulema.

Doesn't matter which madhab it is, such nonsense will not b tolerated on this forum from anyone.

You were warned about the rules of the forum. You chose to double down on what you said.

Comment

Exactly which part was disrepectful?
                    quote me and I'll be back in ten minutes with a fresh coffee and prove point for point what I stated to be true.
                    Or
                    read the quote by the founder of the Hanafi madhab above and follow the advice He himself gave,which is what I was doing in the first place.

Comment

If you cannot see anything wrong with this statement, then there isn't anymore to be said:

It makes no sense,contradicts Quran,contradicts ahadith and is copying the jews. the seem to make up rules with no daleel whatsoever just to sound smart

Comment

1. Contradicts Quran

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
                        Lawful to you is game from the sea and its food as provision for you and the travelers, but forbidden to you is game from the land as long as you are in the state of ihram. And fear Allah to whom you will be gathered.

2.Contradicts hadith

Narrated Jabir:
                        We set out in the army of Al-Khabt and Abu Ubaida was the commander of the troops. We were struck with severe hunger and the sea threw out a dead fish the like of which we had never seen, and it was called Al-`Anbar. We ate of it for half a month. Abu Ubaida took (and fixed) one of its bones and a rider passed underneath it (without touching it). (Jabir added:) Abu 'Ubaida said (to us), "Eat (of that fish)." When we arrived at Medina, we informed the Prophet (ﷺ) about that, and he said, "Eat, for it is food Allah has brought out for you, and feed us if you have some of it." So some of them gave him (of that fish) and he ate it.

3.Copying the Jews

Leviticus11:12

New International Version
                        Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be regarded as unclean by you.

Why are Muslimeen not to copy the jews?

Ibn ’Umar (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                        “He who imitates any people (in their actions) is considered to be one of them.” Related by Abu Dawud and Ibn Hibban graded it as Sahih.

At-Tirmidhi reports from Adi ibn Hatim who said:

"I asked the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) about Allah's saying about, 'Those who have earned [Your] Anger', and he said, 'It refers to the Jews.' I then asked about, 'Those who have gone astray' and he said, 'The Christians are those who have gone astray.'

Comment

1. Contradicts Quran

And this little piggy cried wee wee wee all the way home.

I warned people about making idiotic statements against the madhaahib, and brother Mikaeel warned you as well, but you were too arrogant in your ignorance, hence you will have to face the consequences of your actions.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

For the benefit of those who are curious.

1: Hunting with a slingshot is haraam, any animal killed by it will be considered carrion.

2: Beavers are haraam, they belong to the rodent family.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Exactly which part was disrepectful?
                              quote me and I'll be back in ten minutes with a fresh coffee and prove point for point what I stated to be true.
                              Or
                              read the quote by the founder of the Hanafi madhab above and follow the advice He himself gave,which is what I was doing in the first place.
                              The quote above? You mean this one?

Imam Ahmad Hanbal
                              I really wasn't aware that imaam ahmad was the founder of the hanafi madhab, that's a new one for me.
                              "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
                              Darul Ilm Blog
                              Darul Ilm Faceboook
                              Darul Ilm Twitter
                              Darul Ilm Google+
                              Ummah Radio Classes
                              Ummah Radio
                              Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
                              Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                                For the benefit of those who are curious.

1: Hunting with a slingshot is haraam, any animal killed by it will be considered carrion.

2: Beavers are haraam, they belong to the rodent family.
                                Why is the rodent family haram?

Comment

Working...
                                X