Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islamic hunting question

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    If you do see one take a picture for us.

I like fishing (I know it's not like real hunting but it's close for me anyway) not that I do it often just did it in Bangladesh for a bit because my grandparents had a pond. I understand it is fun, I'm not dissing hunting for food.

Yes, I agree. Hunting is a man thing and every man should do it just like archery and other activities instead of sitting at home playing games all day.

I don't know about beavers though, not appealing to me :/

I want to try camel meat and milk though.
    I've had camel burger but not actual meat pieces. Camel milk is pretty good. Quite thick and tastes similar to buttermilk.

Comment

a translation fail=fatwa fail

if it can't be translated properly what use is the site?

Comment

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
        Regarding your original question, I don't know. That question never crossed my mind. I do hunt with a bow and a shotgun, but never really considered slingshot. Have you tried trapping the beaver instead? Or maybe make a throwing spear?
        hmm spearing it might be doable,trapping it In would need a special license and it would not be Halal to eat it.

It lives in a canal that is only 12-20' wide so I might be able to spear it,beaver are pretty wary thought,might be tough to get close enough to spear it without it ducking out.

Comment

I've had camel burger but not actual meat pieces. Camel milk is pretty good. Quite thick and tastes similar to buttermilk.
          Can you make butter from camel milk?

Comment

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
            I don't take picture of things with souls,it's Haram. Once it's dead and the head is removed I might.

I want to get them to start teaching archery to children at the local masjid along with hunting and fishing to get the boys to become men as your right video games and TV turn boys into non-men.

Maybe a muslim version of the Boyscouts as it all skills that the The Prophet saw and the sahaba had and used regularly.

Hunting,tracking,navigation,horsemanship,wildernes s survival etc It teaches young boys valuable skills,help builds confidence and independance which is one thing the men of the Ummah really need.
            Met WAAAAY too many "men" who had a "let's run to the Kuffar for help on every little thing" attitude and teach their children that. It's not healthy.

There is a store here that sells camel meat,I haven't tried it yet.
            Okay. Not interested in the dead pic :/

I agree with what you're saying about teaching kids.

It sounds like a fantastic idea, quite exciting, please do this. Enough people don't do this and If I was young and given that opportunity, I'd do it. I'd love to learn skills like that. The more you know the better.
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

My dad had it abroad and said the meat is quite dry, probably because all the fat is stored in the hump
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Can you make butter from camel milk?
                Probably. I've only had it once, fresh from the camel herds in the mountains of Jeddah. Seems like there is plenty of fat in it to make butter. Its certainly more fatty than cow milk.

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                My dad had it abroad and said the meat is quite dry, probably because all the fat is stored in the hump
                I couldn't really get a good handle on the taste with the burger. I would say that it is maybe somewhat saltier tasting than beef.

Cook the meat with the fat from the hump, and problem solved. I would just roast and eat the hump on its own. I love fat.
                Last edited by abdulsidd; 26-09-16, 09:46 PM.

Comment

hmm spearing it might be doable,trapping it In would need a special license and it would not be Halal to eat it.

It lives in a canal that is only 12-20' wide so I might be able to spear it,beaver are pretty wary thought,might be tough to get close enough to spear it without it ducking out.
                  If the trap doesn't kill it, then it should be fine. Just kill it with your knife (how do you slaughter a beaver?). Make a non-lethal trap. I've never trapped before, so excuse me if I sound ignorant.

You could also try throwing knives. That would be cool.

Comment

Probably. I've only had it once, fresh from the camel herds in the mountains of Jeddah. Seems like there is plenty of fat in it to make butter. Its certainly more fatty than cow milk.

I couldn't really get a good handle on the taste with the burger. I would say that it is maybe somewhat saltier tasting than beef.

Cook the meat with the fat from the hump, and problem solved.
                    yeh, it's like duck fat, so much of it that you can roast vegetables in it

I can't get hold of it in the UK, I wanted it when we went abroad but no one was allowed to have it because there was some problems with infection. I prefer fresh anyway.

Comment

vegetables roasted in Camel fat?

Thats sounds AMAZINGLY good,Two scoops for me please.

I also like fat,thats were all the flavour is. Beaver tail has lots of fat and soo tasty.

for any who are interested

https://norj.ca/2015/06/how-to-cook-a-beaver-tail/

Comment

unless your a hanafi,then everything is Haram until proven kosher.
                        stupidest thing ive read today
                        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

vegetables roasted in Camel fat?

Thats sounds AMAZINGLY good,Two scoops for me please.

I also like fat,thats were all the flavour is. Beaver tail has lots of fat and soo tasty.

for any who are interested

https://norj.ca/2015/06/how-to-cook-a-beaver-tail/
                          yeh, try it

my sister made turkey for us once and she roasted the vegetables with it

potatoes are nice roasted like that

still not feeling the beaver, not sure if it is halal or not

how long have you been muslim if you don't mind me asking? which old member are you? Just wondering.

Comment

Harvesting is the polite term for kill it for food,Nice sized means that it's worth harvesting,not a small or juvenile one(around 30-35lbs.last time I saw it), a land loving beaver is one who comes out of the water a lot,some beavers tend to spend more time in the water than others and some are pretty bold on land venturing farther into the bush for forage.

Beaver is Halal as it is not a carnivore,will attempt to escape when approached by man and is not a scavenger like rats or mice.
                            Beaver eat bark,twigs and water plants

this is the animal I'm talking about
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_beaver
                            That's the animal I was talking about. Why'd you want to hunt him though? He's so cute..
                            ANYWAY, you remind me of this other user who was strangely enough ALSO a revert and ALSO in canada if I remember correctly...
                            and he raised little bunnies and then slaughtered them to eat when they grew up. Men have to have some sort of thing in them that women just don't... to be able to do that. Necessary I know but so glad it falls to the men.

Comment

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
                              That's the animal I was talking about. Why'd you want to hunt him though? He's so cute..
                              ANYWAY, you remind me of this other user who was strangely enough ALSO a revert and ALSO in canada if I remember correctly...
                              and he raised little bunnies and then slaughtered them to eat when they grew up. Men have to have some sort of thing in them that women just don't... to be able to do that. Necessary I know but so glad it falls to the men.
                              I know a girlie who slaughtered and served up her pet rabbit when she was going to university, as her mum said she wasn't prepared to take care of it.

You wouldn't know she had it in her. A thin thin girlie. But she's very down to earth and non drama like.

Comment

a translation fail=fatwa fail

if it can't be translated properly what use is the site?
                                Mistakes are made. It could say 1 thing when it means something else.

1 can contact the site directly and ask them to rectify, and explaining the mistake.

Evidence?

Mice and rats are haram because of their habits and lifestyle. they are scavengers,spread disease,start fires,pollute water and food stuffs.
                                Beavers do none of those things.

Everything is HALAL Until provn otherwise
                                unless your a hanafi,then everything is Haram until proven kosher.
                                Just because beavers do none of those things does not automatically make it halal.

Where is your evidence they are halal according to Islamic principles of what makes an animal halal or haram to eat? There are other factors to consider that can make an animal halal or haram to consume...

You are claiming it is halal, you like eating it, so the question is, have you made any actual effort to find out from Ulema if beavers are halal or haram to eat?
                                Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
                                X