X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wudhu at work

Originally posted by sajid View Post
    Wudhu F1 Style! :D
    There a brother at work that does whudhu in like 10 seconds...

You can actually see that the bit at the back of his foot is dry after he completes whudhu...

Comment

I do wudhoo in the morning before work.
      If/when I lose wudhoo, I just re-do it in the bathroom at work
      I don't mind other people seeing me.. they might think..what's she doing.. but they're more than welcome to ask me, if they wanna know. lol.
      Regarding socks.. I purchased socks from the link below, which means only wiping over them sis, and makes that element a lot easier
      Days where I don't wear them.. I get a cup, fill it with water, and pour that over my feet, to do the feet element
      I don't apply make-up etc afterwards, since I don't wear makeup.

You can prevent your feet touching the floor, by pouring the water over a sink etc, or using the socks below, makes life a lot easier lol.
      In regards to making your wudhoo last.. it depends. But honestly if you're at work for a full day it's hard, especially as water and hydration are important.
      I don't even know where our disabled toilets are. My shifts are changing to 10am to 10pm, 3 days a week, not looking forward to that lol
      I ordered the below sis, expensive, but worth it.. thick, but fits with shoes on. And not leather, but deemed by scholars wearable for wudhoo due to thickness, material, other criteria etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...l_34isynmkr7_e
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I've never used the disabled loos for wudhu. I tended to stand on my shoes during wudhu to avoid touching the floor. I'm careful to avoid making a mess to the point that I developed a knack for ensuring water didn't splash much outside the sink but on the odd occasion when I did make a mess, I wiped the surfaces afterwards cos' it's not nice to turn up there and see wet floors. It's okay in hot countries cos' the floors dry really quickly but over here, it stays wet all day if it isn't cleared up.

I recommend drying your feet at the end of wudhu (especially between the toes) because otherwise damp feet increase the risk of problems like athletes foot.

I don't wear make up so that was never an issue. If I did wudhu in the morning, I could never maintain it throughout the day cos' I had IBS so I'd always end up farting before asr so I had to give in and ensure that I did wudhu at work/college which was less preferable cos' sometimes you get an audience. One time at college, my housemate walked in whilst I was washing my feet. She watched me for a minute and then said in her quintessentially scouse accent "Are you havin' a bath?"- I had some explaining to do ROFL. Alhamdullilah I'm grateful to Allah (swt) that I had the confidence to do that as I realise so many people are very shy or self conscious about such things to the point that I think some people want to pray but are too shy or self conscious to stand out by doing these things.

Top tip: if you need to do istinja and don't have an empty bottle to hand at work, go to the canteen or tea/coffee vending machine and get a disposable cup, preferably empty or if you can't get an empty one (as some coffee machines wont just give an empty cup), fill it with water.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
        X