Wudhu at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wudhu at work

Salam everyone one, hope you're all well in sha Allah.

I haven't been on here in ages so apologies if there is already a thread on this - probably is!

Any tips to make it more comfortable when performing wudhu at work? Do any of you use disabled toilets if you have access, is it frowned upon?

Sisters - do you moisturise and put some makeup on after? How long does that take, what if you're in there ages :rotfl:

Any tips welcome!

I have OCD, so like, how do you prevent your feet from touching the floor. At home you use slippers so that's simple.

And any tips to make your wudhu last from home til prayer time.

Don't mock me, there is no such thing a silly question in Islam
    Oh Allah,
    Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
    And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Re: Wudhu at work

Yeah I do use disabled toilets if available.

But wear socks and just wipe the feet. Makes life much easier than having to wash your feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Qadr View Post

I haven't been on here in ages so apologies if there is already a thread on this - probably is!

Any tips to make it more comfortable when performing wudhu at work? Do any of you use disabled toilets if you have access, is it frowned upon?

Sisters - do you moisturise and put some makeup on after? How long does that take, what if you're in there ages :rotfl:

Any tips welcome!

I have OCD, so like, how do you prevent your feet from touching the floor. At home you use slippers so that's simple.

Wslm

We have a JK but when I make in office I use disable toilets too.

I put paper towel on the floor and stand on it but like 3 layers... I than use the same to wipe any splashes once I am done.

I try to leave the place cleaner than I found it so as to not offend anyone else using it after me.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Look for the utility room, like cleaning lady place lool, i used to wash my feet in school dry them and put them in my sock before putting them down but i heared thats not allowed and u have to do everything at once without drying yourself off

Just take ur slippers to work
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

We lucky to have a jammat khana at work, so no issues for us.

I usually spread some jumbo paper towels under my feet....
          and yea moisturise after wudhu, that's all....

I do slight makeup in the morning - and that's that... if it wipes off aah too bad. can't be bothered to put on some more. I cannot do without any lip moisturiser tho... that i do constantly.

maybe you can carry a pair of slippers for wudhu? and a hand towel....

I don't feel guilty about taking my time when doing salaah as others are on constant smoke breaks during the day.....
          “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
            Yeah I do use disabled toilets if available.

But wear socks and just wipe the feet. Makes life much easier than having to wash your feet.
            Is this allowed with normal cotton socks or do they have to be leather ones. Pretty sure I read they have to be non porous.

Originally posted by Ekoor View Post
            Wslm

We have a JK but when I make in office I use disable toilets too.

I put paper towel on the floor and stand on it but like 3 layers... I than use the same to wipe any splashes once I am done.

I try to leave the place cleaner than I found it so as to not offend anyone else using it after me.

Hope this helps...
            That's really good you have a wudhu area at work. Paper towel idea is great.

Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Look for the utility room, like cleaning lady place lool, i used to wash my feet in school dry them and put them in my sock before putting them down but i heared thats not allowed and u have to do everything at once without drying yourself off

Just take ur slippers to work
            We do have such a room, but don't feel comfortable asking them. Maybe just stick to the disabled loos.

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
            We lucky to have a jammat khana at work, so no issues for us.

I usually spread some jumbo paper towels under my feet....
            and yea moisturise after wudhu, that's all....

I do slight makeup in the morning - and that's that... if it wipes off aah too bad. can't be bothered to put on some more. I cannot do without any lip moisturiser tho... that i do constantly.

maybe you can carry a pair of slippers for wudhu? and a hand towel....

I don't feel guilty about taking my time when doing salaah as others are on constant smoke breaks during the day.....
            ma sha Allah. If only I had the same attitude!

I have brought a small face towel... moisturiser and concealor lol.

Slippers... gosh... that's an idea.
            This is true, manager takes smoke breaks but I doubt she will mind me taking time out to pray.

:jkk: for all your responses.
            Oh Allah,

Comment

Oh boy, reminds me of an awkward moment when I had to use the disabled toilet for wudhu and when I came out, a woman in a wheelchair was waiting to use it next...

Never had the courage to go again :/
              Believe
              there is
              good in the world

Comment

Originally posted by ugabs View Post
                Oh boy, reminds me of an awkward moment when I had to use the disabled toilet for wudhu and when I came out, a woman in a wheelchair was waiting to use it next...

that's plain embarassing... lol

Comment

Originally posted by ugabs View Post

lol, did she tut or was she okay with it? Some people have "invisible" diseases, just because you're not in a wheelchair doesn't mean you're not entitled to use the disabled loos!
                  Oh Allah,

Comment

Is this allowed with normal cotton socks or do they have to be leather ones. Pretty sure I read they have to be non porous.
                    It would depend on which opinion you follow.

Personally I follow the view that they can be non-leather but the condition being they are thick. So I wear thick cotton socks to wipe on at work and while travelling.

But wiping makes life so much easier as you don't have worry about how to wash your feet when out.

Comment

lol, did she tut or was she okay with it? Some people have "invisible" diseases, just because you're not in a wheelchair doesn't mean you're not entitled to use the disabled loos!
                      Lol. I simply ran from there and didnt look back
                      Believe
                      there is
                      good in the world

Comment

Any tips welcome!

Sister, makeup is haram in front of non-mahrams

As for preventing feet from touching the floor, I just roughly wipe my feet with tissues and put it in my shoe (if anyone knows this is wrong to do this while in wudu, please tell me). If there is no tissue, I just put it in my shoe, it gets wet but it doesn't bother me too much since I don't feel it that much when I wear socks later.

As for making wudu last, you put a piece of napkin (fold it well so that it's thick and doesn't disintegrate) inside the vagina (make sure nothing is sticking out though) to prevent discharge. Be careful to not move it too deeply otherwise it can get stuck and you would need to go to the doctors.

Comment

https://islamqa.info/en/2171

Comment

wa alaykum salam
                            - used the disabled toilets
                            - or the toilets when it was a bit qutieer

didn't bother moisterising. just put some hand cream on.

i use a tissues to dry my feet before i put my wet feet on the ground eewwww that gets to me as well.

thats it really
                            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I feel awkward using the disabled toilets. I don't believe there is anyone disable in the office but a lot of women use it.

I can be quite messy when making wudhu so water can end up everywhere. I can be quite clumsy too when I am trying to balance myself with a foot in the sink.

I have been caught with my foot in the sink a few times, I just love the look people give haha.

This one time I was doing wudhu and water ended up everywhere, which is my fault completely, a guy walked in looked around and said 'disgusting' and walked right out. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X