Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accusing Muslims

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

This is a general thread. But it's a really important topic.

You cannot accuse a Muslim of a crime based on weak 'evidences'. There's a difference between 'indicators' and 'evidences'.
    For example a Muslim a Muslim goes to a pub (haraam) - that is an indicator of his drinking but it isn't evidence of his drinking. It would be evident if you saw him put a glass of alcohol to his lips and then took a sip. Going to the pub is wrong for sure, but you cannot take that to then presume he must also be drinking. And then assume 'well if he drinks, he must sleep around too...'. It's wrong.

Indeed those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment
    Last edited by Morose; 25-09-16, 03:34 PM.

Re: Accusing Muslims

Originally posted by Morose View Post
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

This is a general thread. But it's a really important topic.

You cannot accuse a Muslim of a crime based on weak 'evidences'. There's a difference between 'indicators' and 'evidences'.
    For example a Muslim a Muslim goes to a pub (haraam) - that is an indicator of his drinking but it isn't evidence of his drinking. It would be evident if you saw him put a glass of alcohol to his lips and then took a sip. Going to the pub is wrong for sure, but you cannot take that to then presume he must also be drinking. And then assume 'well if he drinks, he must sleep around too...'. It's wrong.

Indeed those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment
    :wswrwb:

I agree with you. If I gave out reps, I'd give you one for this thread. Maybe if you continue posting things like this I might have to finally give you a rep.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

:salams:

A person shouldn't be accused of such crimes which he/she didn't engage in. But in case of regular evildoers, it's your responsiblity to warn others of his/her immoral acts so that others can stay away from. And in case of people who joke islamic symbols like hijab to make it look like a bad thing we all should be well-concerned in that case, but should refrain from saying things that didn't happen or we don't know.

:jkk:

Comment

:wswrwb:

I agree. But I'd put it this way:

The evidence proves what is obvious from it/what it shows.
        The people should keep their suspicions to themselves, but their distrust is valid, and the doer of the deed has it to deal with when facing the other individuals of the community.

An example would be if someone drank alcohol in a video, the video proves that he's been drinking at least once(not that we're supposed to take matters into our own hands somehow apart from discouraging it and advising etc.), the public will suspect there's worse from that person, but surplus accusations are wrong, however they rightfully lost their trust in the person regarding intoxicants and it is understandable if they refuse to let their children hang around that person from there on.
        Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Working...
        X