Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed Bugs in the Masjid

Salam Alaikum

This is becoming a major problem so I would like a few questions.

1.What is the best way to approach the administration about this?

2. Do you know of any Education programs as this is entirely a problem related to poor personal hygiene,overseas travel and immigration?

3. Do you know of any control,eradication programs designed for an institution?

4.Do you know of any masajd in the UK(pleas don't name them publicly) that have this problem and how did they deal with it?

The infestation is becoming very bad,finding adult bugs regularly now and Some brothers are getting freaked out to pray. The musALLAH isn't looked after very well,is very busy for it's size,has lots of out of towners and there are only two volunteer cleaners using inadequate equipment.

Thank you for your help and advice in advance and I apologize if I don't get reply immediately as I'm one of those volunteer cleaners and I'll be busy for most of the day, I'll check for replies later Insha ALLAH

Re: Bed Bugs in the Masjid

Wa aleiykum salaam

SubhanAllah i had to google it even to know what it is,unfortunately i cant help but i advise you to call an extermination business
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

1.What is the best way to approach the administration about this? You tell them, maybe get people to sign a petition, call environmental health if the problem is not addressed
      Imam could ask for volunteers to come help clean? That whole place needs to be sprayed and throw out the carpets, rugs etc.....
      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Assalamu alaykom .

If you are certain it is infested , then I would persobally recommend seeking professional cleaners. They have the correct equipment to deal with such situations and will most likely give you good tips / product to ensure this doesn't happen again.
        Also be up front with the imam/ administration of this masjid. They need to announce this kind of stuff publicly , perhaps narrow down what exactly is bringing this to the masjid.

May Allah bless you

Comment

Get the exterminator in.

Comment

Well i talk to the admin and the answer I got was"Please don't tell anyone,it might cause a panic,"

"we think the problem will go away on it's own"

I downloaded an IPA(integrated Pest management) system Guide issue by a governmental ministry and printed it out but he didn't even want to look at it.

I might have prayed my last prayer there today and I doubt I will be volunteering there anymore. cleaning up after grown men who can't respect The House of ALLAH awj is pretty frustrating day after day
            but this is not something I can really handle. How I'm I supposed to stand still and concentrate when blood sucking vermin are crawling up my legs? I got bit on the face the other day making sujood.

I've washed all my clothing and got everything I couldn't wash heat treated but I'm not going through that everyday.

you would think after several years of tolerating backwardness,ignorance and arrogance I would be use to it but I'm not. Immigrants from the third world never cease to shock and amaze me.
            It's no surpise me to me that every other revert I've met locally left islam,became a shia or refuse to go to any masajid and pray at home.

i'm not so much mad as I am disappointed.

Comment

Which masjid is it?

Comment

Can I say?

it's not int he UK it's in western Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
                  Can I say?

You should still bring it up with others who attend the masjid and confront these third world immigrants together.

Comment

i told the brother at admin I would keep it quite for now and I don't want o break my word but If I talk to someone else at admin and they aren't willing make efforts at controlling the pest problem I may have to speak out or at least make efforts to remediate the problem myself.

Comment

Can I say?

An environment health officer would shut this mosque down. It's a major problem that requires serious actions to be taken because as you know already these bed bugs spread as soon as they get on your clothes and skin. I wouldn't be surprised if some people are taking them home with them.

It's expensive to get rid of them but it should be done.
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

i told the brother at admin I would keep it quite for now and I don't want o break my word but If I talk to someone else at admin and they aren't willing make efforts at controlling the pest problem I may have to speak out or at least make efforts to remediate the problem myself.
                        After several years of knowing what they are like you are still being lenient? You think the admin that told you not to tell anyone is going to try to solve this?

Be a bit firm and tell him he needs to do something now. No time for faffing around.
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          An environment health officer would shut this mosque down. It's a major problem that requires serious actions to be taken because as you know already these bed bugs spread as soon as they get on your clothes and skin. I wouldn't be surprised if some people are taking them home with them.

It's expensive to get rid of them but it should be done.
                          That is why I was disappointed,it not something to be taken lightly.

I was also told that I'm vacuuming too much,"once before juma and once after is fine" but the whole reason I started cleaning everyday is generally it's younger bachelors away from home working or going to school that use this MusALLAH so the cleanliness level was pretty low. Pretty obvious that in certain cultures men don't EVER lift a finger to clean which is well,whatever,when you live at home with Mom or have a wife but this is not Mom's House this Is ALLAH'S house and deserves far more respect than Mom's.

The musALLAHs manager is wanting to report the problem to the buiiding operator which I would prefer they don't as they property is leased from kuffar who already don't like us cause were muslim and alos because the MusALLAH's manager has caused some problems by lying about who's the Imam so brothers(only from his country of course) can park in the spot reserved for the Imam.*(it's very limited parking and everywhere else around is metered parking)

I would prefer that we(the muslim brothers in the MusALLAH) handle this ourselves rather than running to the kuffar to fix our problems and give them ammunition to gossip and backbite us.(ie. those dirty muslims,etc)
                          The MusALLAH already has a bad reputation with people locally which I've been working to improve.

Everybody wants a clean place to pray but nobody is willing to clean the place we pray.

The other brother who is a volunteer cleaner does a great job and I love him for it but many of the brothers that use the MusALLAH are pretty arrogant and don't bother to read the signs put up. there is flood at least twice a week from people leaving the taps open in the wudu area, people complain when there is no paper towel or toilet paper but it's not like either one is locked up,they could replace it themselves.

Too Many people pamper their sons like their girls and they grow up to be arrogant and fairly useless.

Dear Ummah,Please don't raise two sets of daughters,please raise the boys to be men
                          Last edited by ISAupNorth; 23-09-16, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            After several years of knowing what they are like you are still being lenient? You think the admin that told you not to tell anyone is going to try to solve this?

Be a bit firm and tell him he needs to do something now. No time for faffing around.
                            Well as the only white guy there now(all the others quit) I don't get alot of say but enough of them are smart enough not to try anything in front of me but if I turn my back for literally ten minutes is like kuffar kids when the parents are out of town.

There was an incident about 2 weeks ago(sept11 of course) where a drunk guy came in swearing at us and calling us terrorists and other nonsense, some of the brother were asking him to leave, I was in the middle of dhuhr prayer so I couldn't stop praying but as soon I said my second salam on the left I literally chuck him out the door,he wouldn't leave and tried coming back in and I stopped in,in the process he fell(cause he was drunk) and split his head open. Ambulance and cops came and I was the ONLY one willing to explain what happened,they literally snuck out the back of the MusALLAH when the heard the cops coming.

I'm not talking about 5 or 6 brothers either there was more than 20 who saw what happened and if wasn't for the security cameras on the building next store I would be sitting I Jail as the drunk said I attacked him and of course me being a muslim revert I must be a violent radical of some kind.

Comment

I am so disgusted by this......prayer is supposed to be a place where you turn up clean and perform it in a clean place......why is no one speaking up? What about a little threat......if you do not take action then I will have to inform others.....also who owns the mosque? Where is the team who runs it ? Can't be a man and his non English speaking brother..? Don't feel like you are alone in this....I am sure you can gather the masses.......
                              Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Working...
                              X