Thought it'd be easy but it's not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought it'd be easy but it's not

In my last thread I talked about hijab and wearing it. I started a few weeks ago and I'm feeling bad. I don't feel as happy as I thought I would. Some people come up to me and point out mistakes with my hijab in a really harsh way and it really really upsets me. I feel like all the motivation I had to wear it before, has gone now and I'm starting to get weak willed and very upset. I don't know what to do now. I know I will continue but I'm scared of sinking even more into this sadness

Re: Thought it'd be easy but it's not

sorry you are getting this reaction but you need to remind yourself you are doing this for your creator not to please people
    peoples reactions to your hijab are irrelevant sister so treat them as such
    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

You also have to remember that people, stupid ones esp, will judge you no matter what you do. If you don't wear hijab, they'll criticize and if you do, they'll also find fault. Block out the haters and do what is best for you and your deen. To hell with all of those who have harshly criticized you.

Try to get back your motivation and work on yourself step by step. No need to throw yourself into it. May Allah guide and reward you, Ameen
      Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

I hear this from a lot of new hijabis sis, they do something for Allah and shaytan is luring around the corner because he doesnt want you to come closer to Allah, so he strikes as soon as he gets the chance..
        Sis be strong and fight shaytan right off, if people are being mean to you just try to be patient, maybe they try to advise and they dont know how, or maybe they are jealous you are growing more stronger in the deen Allahu alam, but don't judge them and dont be mean to them, just try to be patient and this will pass sis
        May Allah make it easy for you Ameen
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by zeagirl View Post
          In my last thread I talked about hijab and wearing it. I started a few weeks ago and I'm feeling bad. I don't feel as happy as I thought I would. Some people come up to me and point out mistakes with my hijab in a really harsh way and it really really upsets me. I feel like all the motivation I had to wear it before, has gone now and I'm starting to get weak willed and very upset. I don't know what to do now. I know I will continue but I'm scared of sinking even more into this sadness
          Hey hun it's ok one step at a time :love:

People are cruel sometimes.

You love Allah,sweetie thats who ur doing this for and Allah recognises what you're doing.

Let people say what they want u ask Allah for help and protection sis.

Btw the verse on hijab wasn't revealed til the latter years :love:

Don't feel sad or upset.

There are youtube tutorials hun if ur intrerested in checking out various ways of wearing hijab; perhaps that would inspire u :love:
          "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

You're fulfilling an obligation with Allah... try and remember the immense reward - should make you stronger. Don't take what they say to heart, I agree with the sister that say watch some tutorials, this will give you ideas on how to wear hijab differenly. My best advice would be to make dua and ask Allah to make it easy on you and make you love it. He knows our struggles better than we know them ourselves and is the only One with the power to make it easier for us. Never underestimate the power of prayer.

May Allah SWT make hijab easy for you and reward you for your efforts! Ameen <3
            “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Anything that brings you closer to Allah has its obstacles and tests. You just gota be strong and fight through them

At the end of the day, the prize of Jannah will be worth it insha Allah
              Believe
              there is
              good in the world

Comment

Originally posted by ugabs View Post
                Anything that brings you closer to Allah has its obstacles and tests. You just gota be strong and fight through them

At the end of the day, the prize of Jannah will be worth it insha Allah
                Salam alaikum

I agree with this,anything worthwhile is never easy and remember that it's only the shaytan trying to bring you down,I actually look up to hijabis as they are much more identifiable as muslim than men with beards and short pants.

I tried wearing a thobe too on a daily basis but it was too much, too soon for where I live. Some of the immigrants brothers can pull it off without too much hassle but I'm far too white looking for the kuffar.

May ALLAH awj give you strength, patience and keep you on the straight path

Comment

Don't pay any attention to other people and what they say. If they speak in such a manner, they're not worth listening to.

Just keep telling yourself that what you're doing is pleasing to Allah and that he guided you to start wearing it.
                  Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

AsSalaamu Alaikum.

No matter what happens. In the end of it all, the final success is with Allah. Go on a little more, only a little more remains.

Comment

:salams:

You won't sink into sadness and don't let people like that thumb you down. Hold on because it is worth the wait.

Knowledge is power and so if they want to teach you how to wear your hijab properly in a harsh manner you can PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE by telling them where they are going wrong :mujahida:

Tell em to shove it DOWN their gob. That's right.

You can be strong :insha: the problem with these types of 'pests' is that they like to approach certain people with their 'advice' because they think they are superior.

You know yourself, you've just started to learn how to wear a scarf and so you know it will take time for you to adjust so tell these people next time that, 'Excuse me, but I have just started wearing the hijab, I am still learning and your manner of preaching is not helping in the least. I suggest you work on your manners before you start telling me what to do.'

If they have a problem with that, then it ain't your problem.

They want to lecture you on hijab? You give them a BIGGER lecture :insha: because you can. You have it in you, you just need to be comfortable with it.

Say Bismillahirrahminrahim, and recite the dua of Musa Alayhisalam before you meet people.
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

You will get used to the scarf :insha:

It takes time for people to adjust so at first everything seems daunting and too much but as soon as you know more you will feel more empowered.
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I can't believe this sickness is present in the ummah, but it is a prophecy being fulfilled - we will be destroyed from within, not from the outside. I'm talking about the people who are harsh to you, not about you.
                          They're called extremists, they are crypto-khawarij whether they know it or not - they're harsh on the believers as if believers are the worst of people and deserve to be treated as such. And no, they're not right, I was just posting some about them about a week ago - they use truths to cause damage and force falsehood. They're living in some fairytale world and act like the SJW's of the kuffar.
                          They're under the influence of the shayateen(you recognize it by the way they use the same techniques unknowingly - using truth to make you not oppose them while they harm you with their demeanor, and using truths with lies to misguide) and think that it's not okay to be imperfect, wrong or ignorant, but they know full well that they themselves are doing so much wrong.
                          :start:
                          It was narrated from Abu Bakrah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                          “Modesty is part of faith, and faith will be in Paradise. Obscenity in speech is part of harshness and harshness will be in Hell.’”

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)

Narrated Abu Masud:

The Prophet (ﷺ) beckoned with his hand towards Yemen and said, "Belief is there." The harshness and mercilessness are the qualities of those farmers etc, who are busy with their camels and pay no attention to the religion (is towards the east) from where the side of the head of Satan will appear; those are the tribes of Rabi`a and Mudar.

Narrated Anas:

I served the Prophet (ﷺ) for ten years, and he never said to me, "Uf" (a minor harsh word denoting impatience) and never blamed me by saying, "Why did you do so or why didn't you do so?"

Ibn 'Umar narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
                          "Do not talk too much without remembrance of Allah. Indeed excessive talking without remembrance of Allah hardens the heart. And indeed the furthest of people from Allah is the harsh-hearted."

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)

Harithah bin Wahb narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                          “Shall I not tell you about the people of Paradise? Every weak and oppressed one. Shall I not tell you about the people of Hell? Every harsh, haughty and arrogant one.”

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)

Imagine, somebody begins doing something which is good - like you deciding to put on the hijab mashaAllah - you're doing good! Even if you would've just had it halfway on, it's better than having nothing, a little good is always better than no good.
                          And people coming to put you down for it instead of congratulating you and telling you how you could do even better, in an inviting, good way.
                          What morons, what kind of khawarij morons do this? Do they know anything about the sunnah or what rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) was like?? If they have no idea, don't they at least have common sense Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) gave them to realize that it doesn't make someone happy to hear them run over them like that or that they wouldn't like themselves to be told it in that way???

Imagine, for a very long time the prohibition against alcohol was not given, and there were sahaba(radiallahu anhumma) who used to drink regularly and show up drunk to the salah.
                          And the extremists love to point out certain ahadith that say that drinking is equal to shirk and that the person who drinks goes to Hell forever as a mushrik - and Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) knew that this is the case but wouldn't tell the muslims back then "Hey, you're committing shirk by drinking", so logically He allowed something as serious as shirk to happen and knew it, what is their answer to this? If they say He was patient and merciful and efficient and competent, then who are they to act like He isn't who He always was anymore?
                          He would forgive them even then, because He knows that people can't just cram themselves into the entire sunnah and fiqh immediately, He helped the muslims, taught us and rehabilitated us and won't obliterate and torture eternally someone who had their clothing an inch too high or low - what a mockery they're making of Allah(azza wa jall), they've become like the Jews and want other muslims to be like that too.

The reason why I say all of this is because I wanted to say the following concerning you and others in your position;
                          You don't need to take their advice to heart nor fear that you'll be punished if you don't listen to them because they are destroying the ummah, and the truth is not theirs but it is the property of Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) which they stole to abuse.
                          If somebody is destroying you or your Islam, regardless of how many ahadith and ayaat they know and how much they pray and fast - ignore them, remember rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said;
                          Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:

I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, "There will appear some people among you whose prayer will make you look down upon yours, and whose fasting will make you look down upon yours, but they will recite the Qur'an which will not exceed their throats (they will not act on it) and they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out through the game whereupon the archer would examine the arrowhead but see nothing, and look at the unfeathered arrow but see nothing, and look at the arrow feathers but see nothing, and finally he suspects to find something in the lower part of the arrow."
                          And if they get all takfiri-like for you saying "No, I won't listen to you"(Which is okay - it is okay to not want to listen to a moronic, destructive idiot even if he's telling the truth, because he is not the truth that he utters nor did you reject the truth by turning away from him) and make takfir of you or something for it, then tell them they're doing you harm and if they wish you well they should leave you be, and if they say "But I'm doing you well by amr bil ma'ruf wa nahy an al munkar", then say "Had you wanted to do that you wouldn't trade one venom for another; you would've been nice to me like rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) was nice even to laymen kuffar, and not harsh to me like Abu Jahl to the muslims."

[3:159] It was mercy from ALLAH that you became compassionate towards them. Had you been harsh and mean-hearted, they would have abandoned you. Therefore, you shall pardon them and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them. Once you make a decision, carry out your plan, and trust in ALLAH. ALLAH loves those who trust in Him.
                          And who could blame the ones who are being treated like dirt? Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala) is not stupid nor a tyrant like they make him out to be.

You're wearing the hijab for the sake of Allah(subhanahu wa ta'aala), and He already has your reward ready for every little step in the right direction you went, He is not human and will never be unfair to you, so continue wearing your hijab for Him and don't forget it - never think that you're wearing it for somebody telling you or forcing you, every time someone abuses you He will give you more reward for what you suffer. :jkk:
                          Last edited by Thunderstorm; 20-09-16, 01:43 PM.
                          Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Yasmin Mogahed - Rising out of the traps of perfectionism, shame and despair
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1MdzsBNTv4

Afterwards click on her youtube account and watch any of her other talks.

Comment

:salams sis :)

Well done and congratulations on your recent success - you have started wearing hijab! You should be very happy with yourself.

If anyone critisizes you, simply tell them ":jkk: for your concern. I am transitioning into wearing better hijab and am slowly perfecting it."

It's a journey, sis. And you will see as you increase in knowledge and imaan, your desire to cover will increase. To give myself as an example, I realise as I've been slowly layering, taking off the make up and perfume etc. the clothes you feel comfortable in changes. To the point where once you felt uncomfortable in a long hijab, with thoughts like "I look so weird and ugly; everybody is staring etc." to feeling uncomfortable if you wear anything less in public. As you slowly put on one more garment or choose that longer khimar that covers your bust, you feel that your haya increases and your fear of Allah too :)

I am so proud and happy for you, my dear sister. Keep up the good work. Pace yourself. And always remember to think, before you leave the house: "is my outfit pleasing to Allah ?" - it will change your life and you will find yourself caring more about how your Creator sees you than the simple comments of simple minded people.

I love you for the sake of Allah and I pray that He aids you in your mission to perfect your hijab, ameen <3
                              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Working...
                              X