Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated..sad..

Asalamu alaikum

I dont know where to turn, I dont know who to talk to. The last couple of years have changed me. Certain people, certain incidents, threats, fear...there is so much that has been going on and i know Im changed. I want help to get through it but there seem to be no help available. I can be verry very happy, well every day. But also there is something small everyday that makes me so frustated that I want to scream and scream and run away and never come back. I feel so stuck in everything bad and I dont know how to cope with it, since I cant just run away.

When I feel this stress, frustration and all I dont pray on time. I miss prayers. And I hate this. I feel that people around me add to my stress when they could help instead. If they leave me, and dont cause me annoyance or anything like that then I feel good and stable and happy and pray and just normal. But i dont know how to handle people who are making it harder for me. A lot has happend and Im trying to heal and be strong but now its going the other way. I dont want to cry every day. It feels like i should leave and live alone in order to be happy, but thats not gonna work and its not the best option. I dont know what i Can do to calm my nerves and to keep my prayers consistent and my belief strong..how can I get rid of this feeling of being locked in a small cage and people poking me with sticks...its driving me mad, i just want some peace
    ..sorry for the long post

Re: Frustrated..sad..

Originally posted by Halolani View Post
    Asalamu alaikum

I dont know where to turn, I dont know who to talk to. The last couple of years have changed me. Certain people, certain incidents, threats, fear...there is so much that has been going on and i know Im changed. I want help to get through it but there seem to be no help available. I can be verry very happy, well every day. But also there is something small everyday that makes me so frustated that I want to scream and scream and run away and never come back. I feel so stuck in everything bad and I dont know how to cope with it, since I cant just run away.

When I feel this stress, frustration and all I dont pray on time. I miss prayers. And I hate this. I feel that people around me add to my stress when they could help instead. If they leave me, and dont cause me annoyance or anything like that then I feel good and stable and happy and pray and just normal. But i dont know how to handle people who are making it harder for me. A lot has happend and Im trying to heal and be strong but now its going the other way. I dont want to cry every day. It feels like i should leave and live alone in order to be happy, but thats not gonna work and its not the best option. I dont know what i Can do to calm my nerves and to keep my prayers consistent and my belief strong..how can I get rid of this feeling of being locked in a small cage and people poking me with sticks...its driving me mad, i just want some peace
    :wswrwb:

Can you be more concrete?
    I can't just say "don't be stressed and frustrated, do what you have to", and I can't help you work through the cause if I don't know what it is.
    I can't suggest a way for you to find a moment for yourself to think if I don't know your circumstance.

I can say this:
    You need to write down a list of what must be done
    Cancel everything else
    Look for some time accordingly for you to think things through
    Then figure out who or what is the main problem
    Formulate why or how they/it is the problem
    Then tell us
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Halolani View Post
      Asalamu alaikum

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

I pray Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala alleviates you from your distresses.

Firstly, you need to think deeply about what it is that is causing this anxiety. The underlying factors.

What do you resent most about your parents? The fact that they aren't practising Islaam, or the fact that they didn't teach anything or the fact that they try and stop you from practising the deen?

In regards to your fiance - then you should be cautious. You are very vulnerable at the moment, and sometimes people tend to take advantage of other people's vulnerability and mental fragility.

I suggest you try and work your relationship with your parents. Try and speak with them, or maybe get an elder involved. Do you have a local imaam who they look up to?

No one can give you peace. Peace comes from within, so stay firm on the deen, recite the Qur'aan, for surely it was sent to guide humanity. Maybe that will help you with your spiritual and emotional issues insha'Allaah.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
        Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

I pray Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala alleviates you from your distresses.

Firstly, you need to think deeply about what it is that is causing this anxiety. The underlying factors.

What do you resent most about your parents? The fact that they aren't practising Islaam, or the fact that they didn't teach anything or the fact that they try and stop you from practising the deen?

In regards to your fiance - then you should be cautious. You are very vulnerable at the moment, and sometimes people tend to take advantage of other people's vulnerability and mental fragility.

I suggest you try and work your relationship with your parents. Try and speak with them, or maybe get an elder involved. Do you have a local imaam who they look up to?

No one can give you peace. Peace comes from within, so stay firm on the deen, recite the Qur'aan, for surely it was sent to guide humanity. Maybe that will help you with your spiritual and emotional issues insha'Allaah.
        Sorry sis, I wrote the above for a different thread.

But I think you should recite as much Qur'aan as possible insha'Allah, and do self-ruqyah? Or perhaps consider talking to a qualified therapist to see what's causing this anxiety and episodes of depression?

May Allaah azza wa jal grant you strength and patience. Ameen.

Comment

Walaikum Salaam wRahmatullah

Please keep steadfast in your Salah. This is our guaranteed one on one with The Most Merciful.

And be comforted that every believer makes du'a for you In their Salah.

'As-salamu 'alaina wa ala ibadillahis salihin'.

Meaning:
          Peace be upon us and the righteous servants of Allah.

Comment

-The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:
            “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:
            ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka,
            ‘adlun fiyya qadhaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu
            fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilmil-ghaybi ‘indaka
            an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa thihaab hammi
            [O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave; my forelock is
            in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just.
            I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed
            in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge
            of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast,
            and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety],’ but Allaah will take away his distress
            and grief, and replace it with joy.” 27

He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it
            should learn it.”
            What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

May Allah help you.
              Try these Islamic Quizzes !! It is Fun :evilb:

Comment

Working...
              X