Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which home would you buy?

salaam,

ok so i am at a crossroad with this home buying decision. we've narrowed it down to two homes in 2 different locations:

1) 1st home is a bit more expensive and has really high property taxes due to its exclusivity. it is in a predominantly muslim area within walking distance to mosque ( 3 minute walk ). lots of kids that my kids can play with, open areas, not much traffic. wife and i would love to move here. my kids are in middle school and high school and have been very rebellious about this location as it puts them into new schools, which means new friends, new drama, whatever. its driving me crazy arguing with them every day

2) 2nd home is about 2.5 miles from mosque, about a 7 minute drive. nice, open neighborhood, lower taxes, not as many muslims here, and about a 5 minute walk to all current schools kids are enrolled in. the kids love this area and want to move here. bo drama. it would be more financially manageable for us here too, but we really want a mosque within walking distance.

which would you choose?
    لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Re: which home would you buy?

:wswrwb:

Do istikhaarah akhi
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

2nd option for sure
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
        salaam,

ok so i am at a crossroad with this home buying decision. we've narrowed it down to two homes in 2 different locations:

1) 1st home is a bit more expensive and has really high property taxes due to its exclusivity. it is in a predominantly muslim area within walking distance to mosque ( 3 minute walk ). lots of kids that my kids can play with, open areas, not much traffic. wife and i would love to move here. my kids are in middle school and high school and have been very rebellious about this location as it puts them into new schools, which means new friends, new drama, whatever. its driving me crazy arguing with them every day

2) 2nd home is about 2.5 miles from mosque, about a 7 minute drive. nice, open neighborhood, lower taxes, not as many muslims here, and about a 5 minute walk to all current schools kids are enrolled in. the kids love this area and want to move here. bo drama. it would be more financially manageable for us here too, but we really want a mosque within walking distance.

which would you choose?
        With a Haraam Riba based Mortgage or without one?

The above question needs answering before you even think about the 2 you raised.
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

The above question needs answering before you even think about the 2 you raised.
          It's possible without it. Don't assume he doesn't have the money for it
          They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
            It's possible without it. Don't assume he doesn't have the money for it
            I'm not assuming, I asked...

If you read the question you would have known,

The op needs to tell us if its with a Haraam Riba mortgage or without one,

The reason being we cannot advise a Muslim to make themselves an enemy of Allah عز و جل and his messenger salallahu عليه السلام‎
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Can you afford the house in option 1? You don't want to over burden yourself.
              Are your kids boys or girls? In your culture/family do female attend masjid on regular base?
              Can you hear adhan from option 1?

This is tough decision, it is great to be near a masjid and in muslim community. But if you are 10 min drive away from Muslim community, its not so bad. If something happens to your car, you can technically walk the 2-3miles to masjid. Is being next to masjid convenient only for you or will rest of the family utilize this.

Your kids will get use to the new surrounding and they are only few min away from their old friends. I suggest you look at few house in both area and find a house you love.

Comment

Narrated Anas:
                The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

I would go with option 2. It's very hard for kids that age to pick up and move schools and make new friends. If they were younger, I would say option 1. The 2.5 miles to the mosque isn't far. You can ride a bike there even. Also, the second house is affordable for you to manage. There is nothing worse than spending on the high end of your budget. You might end up stressed out about money, with unhappy kids.

Comment

A Muslim majority area is best.

Comment

All I'll say is 7 minutes from the masjid is not bad at all. I live 15 minutes from mine and we manage just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

it will be a shariah-compliant loan from an Islamic financial bank

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                          Can you afford the house in option 1? You don't want to over burden yourself.
                          Are your kids boys or girls? In your culture/family do female attend masjid on regular base?
                          Can you hear adhan from option 1?

This is tough decision, it is great to be near a masjid and in muslim community. But if you are 10 min drive away from Muslim community, its not so bad. If something happens to your car, you can technically walk the 2-3miles to masjid. Is being next to masjid convenient only for you or will rest of the family utilize this.

Your kids will get use to the new surrounding and they are only few min away from their old friends. I suggest you look at few house in both area and find a house you love.
                          yes, females do attend mosque here. alhamdulillah i can afford it, but will have to make some sacrifices, e.g. give up on certain luxuries and reduce spending

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

Do istikhaarah akhi

heh. i've asked the wife to get on that asap. maybe i should too :)
                          Last edited by Aloo; 14-09-16, 05:44 PM.

Comment

If yu can affor 1 ,then I would go for that.

Comment

Ishtikara. The information you've given is too limited and I don't know you therefore, aware what's best for you.
                              Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Working...
                              X