Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell Us When You Fell Ill And Were Deeply Concerned /Afraid...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Us When You Fell Ill And Were Deeply Concerned /Afraid...

And Allah Ta'aalaa granted you recovery through His mercy.

Of course sickness and weakness is an inevitable part of living this life of challenge (and reward/fulfilment with our Creator - SWT). Some of us may have very good health and have rarely been seriouly ill or in hospital, others have been or are being tried with this test of sickness in very severe ways.

This thread is to recount times when we fell very ill or felt afraid that we had fallen very Ill. It doesn't have to be related to ourseives - it could be an illness or a situation faced by someone very close to us.

When we do fall sick, it feels as though the world has suddenly become very narrow, then once our Creator (swt) bestows shifaa, with the expansion inside us and outside of us, most of us forget very quickly just how huge a burden it was for us and sometimes for those around us, too

(Allah Ta'aalaa make our illnesses a means for purification and elevation for all of us who are suffering from them. Allah Ta'aalaa grant us sabr and draw us closer to Him. May He grant recovery and ease and make us grateful for it.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Re: Tell Us When You Fell Ill And Were Deeply Concerned /Afraid...

:salams:

before i was a muslim i was a drug addict, majorly hooked all i wanted to do was take drugs untill i died
    i had a bad OD and after that drugs were never the same, id be taking them and id be freaking out am i going to get that crook again
    even weed wasnt much fun anymore, i mean i still dabbled but compared to how i used to smoke joints like cigarettes this was majorly less

i embraced islam and quit everything for good Alhamdulilah, now im something like 7 or 8 years clean (i dont remember the exact date)
    when i run into my old friends they look like zombies, not many people make it out the other side and even less make it to islam so Alhamdulilah
    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

:salams
      :jkk:
      For the reminder!
      Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

I had intended to post something myself before... So I'll do it now, inshaaAllah.

A recent example for me to reflect on, inshaaAllah. Only a few months ago, I fell Ill with a couple of things. One of those was some type of infection. It left me feeling somewhat breathless and having a lot of difficulty swallowing. My voice also went.

It wasn't going and the breathlessness was becoming a concern. Alhamdulillah. By His kindness, it didn't turn out to be anything serious, but during the time I had it, it did make me think I had had something that could lead to a lot of difficulty. Subhaanallah. How easy it is and how little we think about how seamlessly we breathe and swallow...
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

before i was a muslim i was a drug addict, majorly hooked all i wanted to do was take drugs untill i died
          i had a bad OD and after that drugs were never the same, id be taking them and id be freaking out am i going to get that crook again
          even weed wasnt much fun anymore, i mean i still dabbled but compared to how i used to smoke joints like cigarettes this was majorly less

i embraced islam and quit everything for good Alhamdulilah, now im something like 7 or 8 years clean (i dont remember the exact date)
          when i run into my old friends they look like zombies, not many people make it out the other side and even less make it to islam so Alhamdulilah

Alhamdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Alhamdulillaah, Islaam saved you. May Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala keep you firm. Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
              And Allah Ta'aalaa granted you recovery through His mercy.

Of course sickness and weakness is an inevitable part of living this life of challenge (and reward/fulfilment with our Creator - SWT). Some of us may have very good health and have rarely been seriouly ill or in hospital, others have been or are being tried with this test of sickness in very severe ways.

This thread is to recount times when we fell very ill or felt afraid that we had fallen very Ill. It doesn't have to be related to ourseives - it could be an illness or a situation faced by someone very close to us.

When we do fall sick, it feels as though the world has suddenly become very narrow, then once our Creator (swt) bestows shifaa, with the expansion inside us and outside of us, most of us forget very quickly just how huge a burden it was for us and sometimes for those around us, too

(Allah Ta'aalaa make our illnesses a means for purification and elevation for all of us who are suffering from them. Allah Ta'aalaa grant us sabr and draw us closer to Him. May He grant recovery and ease and make us grateful for it.)
              Ameen.

I don't really want to go into the details, but being ill can really put things/life/everything into perspective, and you realise that actually the only worry we should have is that of the Hereafter.

Comment

Working...
              X