Dhikir Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dhikir Question

I know in the sunnah(dont know which one) we are supposed to supplicate 33 times with a few phrases and 34 with another.

Would saying "Allahuakbar" or any other dhikir 100 times, be ok? You can do dhikir as much as you want, correct?

I have some prayer beads but I do not use them, even though I have a good collection of them that are gifts from family lol. It is better to use the fingers anyway..

Re: Dhikir Question

The 33 times subhanallah, 33 times alhamdulillah and 34 times Allahuakbar is a specified sunnah to be read after every salah. Other than that, we can read how many times we wish. Can use the prayer beads, read 100 times of whatever, and its good to read istighfar (astaghfirullah) also 100 times everyday.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

do the 33, 34 one seperate as you will get reward for practicing specific sunnah for that., after it say these tasbihs however much you want

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
        The 33 times subhanallah, 33 times alhamdulillah and 34 times Allahuakbar is a specified sunnah to be read after every salah. Other than that, we can read how many times we wish. Can use the prayer beads, read 100 times of whatever, and its good to read istighfar (astaghfirullah) also 100 times everyday.

Thanks, though I have heard from an Islamic speaker say that prayer beads are bidah. He even used an example from the sahabah reprimanded a man near the kahba' who was using stones to count. I can link you to the video that has the example if you want.

Even if it was not biadah, I would still use my fingers since the fingers testify for or against you on the day of judgement.

Comment

The speaker has gone to another extreme in saying using prayer beads is not allowed. The ulama have allowed using prayer beads and it is general practice of muslims all over. Some people lose count so use the tasbih (prayer beads), there's nothing wrong in using it, although using your fingers is preferable.

It is good that you are trying to do close to the sunnah.
          “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Working...
          X