Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotional binging

:salams
    Hello ikhwani and akhwati and first of all Eid Mubarak, may Allah bless you all accept all your good deeds and make this a beautifull day for you all.

Now i have an emotional binging problem, I've had it since i was 8-9 years old, i didnt always know it was emotional binging until recently (I'm horrible at understanding myself). I dont know what to do about it, does anyone have any tips? experience? Books? I signed up for a weight loss program and i needed to do a checkup with a therapist and she told me if u have emotional binging u cant start the program cus we wont be able to help u. So like I'm doomed?

Lol soz misspelled the title
    Last edited by aynina; 12-09-16, 08:47 AM.
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Re: Enotional binging

What do you mean?
    Like eating when you are upset?
    :salams:
    Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Naa just do lots of intense cardio it works great for everything releasing all those endorphins plus you'll probably have no need lose weight after that

I think insanity have great workouts for that btw...

EID MUBARAK!
      Accept the decree

It has happened to a million other people don't expect to be the exception

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
        What do you mean?
        Like eating when you are upset?
        Yea, i can keep diets up for about 1 week, then a slight inconvenience happens to me (or a big one) and i just stuff my face with the first food i see and i then feel sad about messing up my diet and then i comfort myself with more food and thats basically how it always goes, or i diet for 2 weeks and i dont lose weight and then again im sad and upset and i eat again
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by LingLing12 View Post
          Naa just do lots of intense cardio it works great for everything releasing all those endorphins plus you'll probably have no need lose weight after that

I think insanity have great workouts for that btw...

EID MUBARAK!
          Insanity makes me wanna cry just thinking about it

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

so you like turn into hurley from lost when ur emotional??

Comment

Aha No Pain No غ
              Accept the decree

It has happened to a million other people don't expect to be the exception

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                so you like turn into hurley from lost when ur emotional??
                Loool stahppp no it dont stuff my face like a savage, when anyone is around... no its pretty controlled most of the time

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by LingLing12 View Post
                  Aha No Pain No غ
                  I dont wanna gain :):):):):):):):)

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Enotional binging

Bruv

Just think about the end goal
                    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                      Yea, i can keep diets up for about 1 week, then a slight inconvenience happens to me (or a big one) and i just stuff my face with the first food i see and i then feel sad about messing up my diet and then i comfort myself with more food and thats basically how it always goes, or i diet for 2 weeks and i dont lose weight and then again im sad and upset and i eat again
                      Well it's an awful lot better than drinking when you are upset

Don't beat yourself up over this, if it helps you cope with whatever you are going through then so be it
                      You are trying to confront the symptom rather the cause. Maybe try and fix the things in your life that are making you upset (I know easier said than done)
                      Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                        Bruv

Just think about the end goal
                        I been thinkin about it for 13 years now, i need something with more impact

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                          Well it's an awful lot better than drinking when you are upset

Don't beat yourself up over this, if it helps you cope with whatever you are going through then so be it
                          You are trying to confront the symptom rather the cause. Maybe try and fix the things in your life that are making you upset (I know easier said than done)
                          It makes it so hard to keep a healthy lifestyle though

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Loool stahppp no it dont stuff my face like a savage, when anyone is around... no its pretty controlled most of the time

Comment

It makes it so hard to keep a healthy lifestyle though
                              How about finding some tasty healthy food (believe it or not it does exist mums on a diet and some of the stuff she eats is pretty yum alhamdulilah )
                              That way if you comfort eat it won't matter so much

Comment

Working...
                              X