Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the eid

as you all know id/eid will be this monday

I want to know if you MUST attend eid-prayer at the mosque. I have something important to do on monday and I have tried too figure a way that i can attend the prayer. My mother told me i could just pray at home because i cant pray at the mosque. Were i live the mosques will be opening earliest at 9 in the morning at will stop at 11 for the id-prayer . I really hope its not a sin and as i would happily go if wasnt for my situasjon.

how do you even pray the id-prayer??

Re: the eid

Originally posted by naom View Post

I want to know if you MUST attend eid-prayer at the mosque. I have something important to do on monday and I have tried too figure a way that i can attend the prayer. My mother told me i could just pray at home because i cant pray at the mosque. Were i live the mosques will be opening earliest at 9 in the morning at will stop at 11 for the id-prayer . I really hope its not a sin and as i would happily go if wasnt for my situasjon.

https://islamqa.info/en/26983
    Accept the decree

It has happened to a million other people don't expect to be the exception

Comment

Originally posted by LingLing12 View Post
      this was writen in the link u posted..
      It is not obligatory for women, but it is Sunnah. Women should offer this prayer in the prayer-place with the Muslims, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined them to do that.

In al-Saheehayn and elsewhere it is narrated that Umm ‘Atiyah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “We were commanded (and in one report it says, he commanded us – meaning the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) to bring out to the Eid prayers the adolescent girls and the women in seclusion, and he commanded the menstruating women to avoid the prayer-place of the Muslims.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari,

see the porblem? they were commanded but how is then not obligatory??

Comment

Where I Live irs very rare for woman to go for eid salaah

Comment

this was writen in the link u posted..
          It is not obligatory for women, but it is Sunnah. Women should offer this prayer in the prayer-place with the Muslims, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined them to do that.

In al-Saheehayn and elsewhere it is narrated that Umm ‘Atiyah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “We were commanded (and in one report it says, he commanded us – meaning the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) to bring out to the Eid prayers the adolescent girls and the women in seclusion, and he commanded the menstruating women to avoid the prayer-place of the Muslims.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari,

see the porblem? they were commanded but how is then not obligatory??
          I dont want to give ijtihaad on the matter but a command doesnt necessarily mean you must do it i.e: the prophet(saw) could have just said "come to the eid salat" instead of "you MUST come eid salat" - and people can call both commands but both tell us different things.

If there's a problem you can tag darul ilm I think he's a scholar but I've never come across anyone claiming it's fardh for woman.

Allahu 3lam
          Last edited by LingLing12; 10-09-16, 03:36 PM.
          Accept the decree

It has happened to a million other people don't expect to be the exception

Comment

Working...
          X