Reference to this please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference to this please

I have seen in a few lectures, Islamic speakers saying that if you lead someone to Islam or to do a good deed....etc. Then you will receive reward for every good deed that person does as a result of your leading them to it.

Also that, it goes on, if that person leads three people to Islam then you receive duplicate reward for the person you initially lead as well as the deeds of those three people....and so on.

Similarly; you earn sin if you lead someone to sin...etc

Is there a reference?

Thank You!

Re: Reference to this please

Tag.
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Re: Reference to this please

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
      I have seen in a few lectures, Islamic speakers saying that if you lead someone to Islam or to do a good deed....etc. Then you will receive reward for every good deed that person does as a result of your leading them to it.

Also that, it goes on, if that person leads three people to Islam then you receive duplicate reward for the person you initially lead as well as the deeds of those three people....and so on.

Similarly; you earn sin if you lead someone to sin...etc

Is there a reference?

Thank You!
      Abu Mas’ud reported: A man came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and he said, “My animal has died, so help me.” The Prophet said, “I do not have anything.” Another man said, “O Messenger of Allah, I can show him someone who can help him.” The Prophet said, “Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward.”

Source: Sahih Muslim 1893

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Imam Muslim

Comment

Working...
      X