Non-muslims and hijabis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-muslims and hijabis

Why many non-muslim women (and men) think that all muslim women who wear hijab are oppressed and forced to wear it?

Yes, they don't know Islam enough, but why they can't accept the idea that a woman can really enjoy and be happy with her hijab? Why they can't really believe it?

Re: Non-muslims and hijabis

Probably because of today's society. Nowadays, the shorter and tighter your clothes are, the more people see you as a carefree person, as someone who is confident and isn't "insecure" to show their body and don't need to hide behind a "piece of cloth." Little do they know that we're not the oppressed ones, but rather they are and most won't admit to it. Their own society oppresses them by forcing them to go around naked believing that they've made it to level 100000 in freedom. It's ridiculous really, they say we're oppressed when we're dressed up to please the creator, unlike them trying to please the creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post
      Why many non-muslim women (and men) think that all muslim women who wear hijab are oppressed and forced to wear it?

Yes, they don't know Islam enough, but why they can't accept the idea that a woman can really enjoy and be happy with her hijab? Why they can't really believe it?
      Beacuse they are brain washed into thinking that in ordet to be free and liberated one must be able to do whaever they like no matter how shameless the action may be.

Comment

Because they are brainwashed from the youngest age to think a woman's worth is a large part to do with her physical appearance, someone deliberately going against that seems so outrageous and abnormal they cannot deal, so easier to believe the lies and propaganda of the media and liberal elite.
        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

the hijaab, a lot of times is something you grow up with. I remember at primary school, there would be days where I took it off in the morning, and wore it again in the afternoon. It kind of makes me wonder why teachers never said anything. Then at secondary school I remember changing into other clothes as soon as i got out the house. What you wear in school is very relevant. I remember my mom punishing me on eid day and taking away my beautiful clothes and shoes and putting them in the basement, and going to school after the lunch break in some normal dress, and everyone asking me what happened. Man. It was only at uni when i decided to wear jilbaab and niqaab out of my own choice. No point being defensive to the non muslim, you have to be true to yourself. We do get told what to wear and sometimes its not what we want to wear.

Comment

You are right, for some reason they think we are oppressed and forced. One of colleagues knew nothing about Islam eventhough the office we work is mostly muslim, She would ask questions why Islam does not move with the times, why some women dont wear it and why I dont dress more modern like other women in our office. Having to explain to that Islam is perfect as is it, and doesnt not change to meet the desires of the people, explaining that Christians also would cover, but ive also had Muslim people tell me that I no longer needed to wear my abaya and hijab as Im married and my husband shouldnt force me to lol.

They also see women being naked as having freedom so ........
            No Longer On UF

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
              We do get told what to wear and sometimes its not what we want to wear.
              Yes, dear sister, there's also this reality

Comment

Agree with the above posts.

These women believe to be free and believe in freedom but they can't admit someone's else freedom to wear a hijab and deny that this is freedom too.
                Why are you suppose to know freedom and why I am not?
                How can you tell me that I am forced and oppressed while sometimes to wear it and keep it I have to go through some struggles in the daily life?

That's I want to reply to these women.

Comment

A lot of people think men force women to wear hijab. So even if a woman wears it because she wants to, they get told they are making it harder for women who are forced to wear it. Yes I've heard this one before..

It's annoying but what can you do :/

Comment

because its alien to us in the west. its something we barely see unless you grow up with muslims which a lot of us havent done.

also we get that idea from the number of muslim women who have said they were forced by their parents or husband.

before i came here and actually talked to muslim females i thought the same.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                      oh, that's good you changed idea and got the right concept of what is hijab

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                        because its alien to us in the west. its something we barely see unless you grow up with muslims which a lot of us havent done.

also we get that idea from the number of muslim women who have said they were forced by their parents or husband.

victorian era it wasn't alien
                        8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                        2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                        3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                        4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                        5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                        6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                        7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                        8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

oh, that's good you changed idea and got the right concept of what is hijab
                          yeah i had a lot of misconceptions of what muslims and islam was like.

i used to think all muslims wanted to kill me but now i know its just the ones on this forum that does ;)

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                            victorian era it wasn't alien
                            what was?

Comment

Before I heard about Islam when I was a kid I'd always see nuns, so I was used to seeing those type of clothes

My great aunt is a nun too and she'd wear it from time to time at family gatherings

So seeing hijab I don't think I was in shock over it. I was scared of Muslims tho cause of 9/11 lol

Comment

Working...
                              X