How do you overcome shame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you overcome shame?

The side effect of continuously making mistakes is: shame. I some times feel lower than the average individual. I'm also open, and so things may come up in a conversation and people sometimes dig further, not always with good intentions. I know who to be careful with. But then there are genuine people who may ask you things and you may not feel inhibited, but talking about your mistakes makes you feel ashamed. It's strange that I don't feel any guilt, but do feel ashamed of my past, and the continuous mistakes. I made the conscious decision to work on this, and taking the hijaab of was part of this. What can you do to overcome feelings of shame? for mistakes that you did (and perhaps mistakes you're continuing because you have little choice).

Re: How do you overcome shame?

Keep the body and mind active and busy with constructive things, in that way there's no time to dwell over the lesser important things.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

A mistake made again and again isn't a mistake.
      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
        The side effect of continuously making mistakes is: shame. I some times feel lower than the average individual. I'm also open, and so things may come up in a conversation and people sometimes dig further, not always with good intentions. I know who to be careful with. But then there are genuine people who may ask you things and you may not feel inhibited, but talking about your mistakes makes you feel ashamed. It's strange that I don't feel any guilt, but do feel ashamed of my past, and the continuous mistakes. I made the conscious decision to work on this, and taking the hijaab of was part of this. What can you do to overcome feelings of shame? for mistakes that you did (and perhaps mistakes you're continuing because you have little choice).
        Mistakes or sins?

A person should feel ashamed for their sins. Indeed a person of faith feels remorse for wronging their own soul. If you continue sinning - then why should you not want to feel shame? Feel the shame. Use this feeling to reflect on your actions and make Tawbah.

Taking off the hijaab is a sin, and one you publicised. You definitely need to work on your issues.

Comment

I personally found feeling ashamed and guilty doesn't help at all. What is that going to accomplish lol? If you committed a sin, repent, learn and focus on being better.
          Last edited by hassan246; 12-09-16, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X