Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Effective Electronic Back-pain Reliever/Massager

Assalamu alayum warahmatullah.

Dear brothers and sisters, as the title implies, does anyone know of a good, effective bit of equipment to help relieve back pain?

This is for an elderly person with long term, chronic back pain. We've tried a lot of things over the years without much success. After everything, a hot water bottle and a lot of strong painkillers are what seemed to just about help, alhamdulillah.

Have been wondering, though, if there is something someone knows of, some type of electronic massager, TENS machine, maybe, that they've found useful or have heard about.

:jkk:
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Re: Recommendations for Effective Electronic Back-pain Reliever/Massager

Wa alaikum salam

Not sure about any machine but have they tried physiotherapy?

Maybe that would be a better option.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Physiotherapy, acupuncture, massage, many different types of belts, heated gel-pads...

(Massage was good but not very practical/convenient. Everything else hasn't been of much use, other than those two things mentioned in the OP.)
      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

Dear brothers and sisters, as the title implies, does anyone know of a good, effective bit of equipment to help relieve back pain?

This is for an elderly person with long term, chronic back pain. We've tried a lot of things over the years without much success. After everything, a hot water bottle and a lot of strong painkillers are what seemed to just about help, alhamdulillah.

Have been wondering, though, if there is something someone knows of, some type of electronic massager, TENS machine, maybe, that they've found useful or have heard about.

I've heard good things about the TheraCane Massager. For neck and back pain and stretching myself, I use a tennis ball under my back while lying on the floor. It helps a lot just rolling around on the point tender areas and then also rocking from side to side on the ball. Not sure if she can do that, but you might look into the TheraCane.

Edit: I've also known people who have had temporary relief with TENS unit. You can buy those online. Basically, what you want to do is kind of encircle a small area of pain with the pads, just don't place them on bone.

Regarding massage, there are different techniques. I've been to a number of therapists, and they're all different. I have some neck pain, muscular, from working on the computer for years. The pain is posterior, but I've only found one therapist who provided lasting relief for several months at a time, and what they did was all anterior work and stretching my pecs. Who would think that neck pain comes from pecs? But I guess the pecs shorten as they tighten up, and it pulls the neck out of alignment. Anyway, I wouldn't give up on massage, just have to find someone who knows the body is interconnected and uses good technique.
        Last edited by Sister_2009; 08-09-16, 07:10 PM.

Comment

^ :jkk: very helpful post sister.

I will check a few different machines as well as the suggested 'theracane' massager, inshaaAllah.

Alhamdulillah, she seems to have found some comfort with her serious long-standing foot pain using a TENS machine.

Very interesting re: the tennis ball. I wonder how it'll compare to foam rollers. Worth a try.
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

^ :jkk: very helpful post sister.

I will check a few different machines as well as the suggested 'theracane' massager, inshaaAllah.

Alhamdulillah, she seems to have found some comfort with her serious long-standing foot pain using a TENS machine.

Very interesting re: the tennis ball. I wonder how it'll compare to foam rollers. Worth a try.
            The foam roller is a bit large for the back. I use this every day for 15 minutes to loosen the muscles in my legs and sometimes I use it on the back, but it's hard to get a pinpoint area and also not to hit the vertebrae. The tennis ball is good in that it's a pinpoint target. You can also tape 2 lacrosse balls together and use those, but they don't roll. Here's a video that explains using the tennis ball, but you need a hard surface, like the floor, and again keep it off the midline, off the vertebrae: https://youtu.be/f6g1vPWYYnU

Comment

Try a TENS machine

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/tens/Pa...roduction.aspx

(You can buy them from pharmacies)

Comment

yes,You should go for TENS.TENS Pain Relief System produces low-voltage pulses that when electrode pads are applied to your skin stimulates nerve fibers to help block the pain signal to your brain. Also may increase natural endorphins, "the bodies feel good chemical"-a natural pain reliever. It is better than medicines and recommended by physiotherapists

You should try this TENS Pain Reliever .It has hundreds of positive review and after all they are giving 14 days money back guaratee and 2 years warrantee.
                Try these Islamic Quizzes !! It is Fun :evilb:

Comment

Working...
                X