Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

    Salam alaykum sisters

    I've been mulling over this for awhile now. I hope at least one of you can offer some help.

    I bought this scarf ages ago and it was unconventional looking. It's one of those ready to wear hassle free types. (or should have been - it's caused me hassle for a couple of years now since I can't figure it out)
    When I asked the guy how it's worn because it was strange looking he made it look really easy.
    Then I brought it home and tried it on and just could not understand how it worked.

    I came across it today and was so excited because I finally know what it's called. But that didn't help because I can't find any kind of tutorial.
    It seems like something dead simple but I can't figure it out.

    Here's what it looks like.
    Any one of you got one of these?

    http://www.themuslimshop.com/kuwaiti-hijabs-2.html

  • #2
    Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

    Wa alaikum salam sister;

    Practically you need to wear a sort of headband which is made of stretchy material. Then you start with putting the short end on the right, the long end will drape on your left shoulder, at the same time slightly tucking the scarf slightly inwards at the temples, drawing the scarf right over the head, usually itl go twice over, and secure with a scarf pin on the left side. Thats how you wear it.

    The inner headband prevents the scarf from slipping off.
    I hope my explanation made sense :)
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


    Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

      Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
      Wa alaikum salam sister;

      Practically you need to wear a sort of headband which is made of stretchy material. Then you start with putting the short end on the right, the long end will drape on your left shoulder, at the same time slightly tucking the scarf slightly inwards at the temples, drawing the scarf right over the head, usually itl go twice over, and secure with a scarf pin on the left side. Thats how you wear it.

      The inner headband prevents the scarf from slipping off.
      I hope my explanation made sense :)
      This already has the headband thing attached to it tho, no?

      Its like at one end it is pre-stiched to slip right over the head, (almost like a under scarf - only this is attached to the hijab itself) once that is in place you wrap the remaining length of the hijab over, twice, secure with pin and you good to go...

      You dont have to have it pinned at the neck like the pic does as long as the 1st wrap is right over, the 2nd wrap can be pinned at the top as well.

      Gosh, I hope I made sense....

      Will look for a tutorial for ya!
      “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

        Not sure, but if it is attached already so I dont think the sister wouldve found it difficult to tie, so yeah, I was describing how to tie a normal long scarf.

        Your explanation made sense - though I feel an underscarf sort of thing is just too much. A stretchy band should do as good. [MENTION=139193]Miss Foxxy[/MENTION]
        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


        Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

          Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
          Not sure, but if it is attached already so I dont think the sister wouldve found it difficult to tie, so yeah, I was describing how to tie a normal long scarf.

          Your explanation made sense - though I feel an underscarf sort of thing is just too much. A stretchy band should do as good. [MENTION=139193]Miss Foxxy[/MENTION]
          From the pic it looked to me as it was attached... [MENTION=85905]Sky Lark[/MENTION]

          practice makes perfect [MENTION=102525]TCKMuslima[/MENTION]
          “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

            Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
            Wa alaikum salam sister;

            Practically you need to wear a sort of headband which is made of stretchy material. Then you start with putting the short end on the right, the long end will drape on your left shoulder, at the same time slightly tucking the scarf slightly inwards at the temples, drawing the scarf right over the head, usually itl go twice over, and secure with a scarf pin on the left side. Thats how you wear it.

            The inner headband prevents the scarf from slipping off.
            I hope my explanation made sense :)
            :jkk: sister. But this one has the underscarf bit attached. And then it has a long loop I guess you'd call it. I don't know what to make of it. :S

            Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
            This already has the headband thing attached to it tho, no?

            Its like at one end it is pre-stiched to slip right over the head, (almost like a under scarf - only this is attached to the hijab itself) once that is in place you wrap the remaining length of the hijab over, twice, secure with pin and you good to go...

            You dont have to have it pinned at the neck like the pic does as long as the 1st wrap is right over, the 2nd wrap can be pinned at the top as well.

            Gosh, I hope I made sense....

            Will look for a tutorial for ya!
            Yes sister exactly like you said. It has the underscarf bit and then it's attached to a loop of material. But the bolded bit is what I can't seem to be able to do!
            :(
            If you find a tutorial on it pls do send it my way.
            :jkk:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

              Oh right, sister. Does the headscarf bit sit securely on your head?

              Try again, it should be easy, just start wrapping from the top of your head and then under your chin.
              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


              Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
                :jkk: sister. But this one has the underscarf bit attached. And then it has a long loop I guess you'd call it. I don't know what to make of it. :S



                Yes sister exactly like you said. It has the underscarf bit and then it's attached to a loop of material. But the bolded bit is what I can't seem to be able to do!
                :(
                If you find a tutorial on it pls do send it my way.
                :jkk:
                I'm going to try to explain, hope this makes sense!
                The one end most probably the left is the underscarf? slip that onto your head... it should sit snug. The remaining length of the hijab would now be hanging down at your neck? Hold the hijab with your right hand and wrap over your head, take this pass your right ear, over the head, down your left ear and back to the neck - this is your 1st wrap.... there should be more material to wrap again... this can either go halfway where you secure with a pin or right over to the left ear where you secure with a pin.

                I can't find a tutorial for this instant hijab, but am going to see what I can do to make this easier for you.
                “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	TCK Muslimah Hijab tutorial.png
Views:	1
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	10764090

                  I hope this helps! This hijab in the picture is not the instant one that you have, but it's wrapped exactly the same way.

                  Good luck!!
                  “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                    Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
                    I'm going to try to explain, hope this makes sense!
                    The one end most probably the left is the underscarf? slip that onto your head... it should sit snug. The remaining length of the hijab would now be hanging down at your neck? Hold the hijab with your right hand and wrap over your head, take this pass your right ear, over the head, down your left ear and back to the neck - this is your 1st wrap.... there should be more material to wrap again... this can either go halfway where you secure with a pin or right over to the left ear where you secure with a pin.

                    I can't find a tutorial for this instant hijab, but am going to see what I can do to make this easier for you.
                    Aw sis thanks so much for trying so hard to explain this to me! :jkk:
                    But now I realized you think the underscore bit is at one end like in the picture. Sadly it's not that simple. :(
                    I can't take a picture and send it because I'm not at home for a bit. But wait a minute I'll try and draw it as best as I can.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                      Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
                      Aw sis thanks so much for trying so hard to explain this to me! :jkk:
                      But now I realized you think the underscore bit is at one end like in the picture. Sadly it's not that simple. :(
                      I can't take a picture and send it because I'm not at home for a bit. But wait a minute I'll try and draw it as best as I can.
                      Oh okay... or send pics of it later when you home. We will get this right!
                      “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                        [MENTION=139193]Miss Foxxy[/MENTION]
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Note130316_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	10764092

                        The part I filled in red is the underscarf bit. And then there's like a loop of material that hangs there. You have to wrap that around somehow.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                          Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
                          [MENTION=139193]Miss Foxxy[/MENTION]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]85523[/ATTACH]

                          The part I filled in red is the underscarf bit. And then there's like a loop of material that hangs there. You have to wrap that around somehow.
                          Lol. love the drawing! Why a sad face? haha

                          lemme try and figure this out...

                          So it's in the centre?
                          “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                            Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
                            Lol. love the drawing! Why a sad face? haha

                            lemme try and figure this out...

                            So it's in the centre?
                            Lol because her scarf material is just hanging there in a loop! Haha
                            Yeah it's in the middle.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sisters some help with this kind of hijab

                              Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
                              Lol because her scarf material is just hanging there in a loop! Haha
                              Yeah it's in the middle.
                              I think you would have to put it on, then twist the looped material (left piece in right hand and right piece in left hand) and throw it right over your head (it should look kinda twisted now) then bring back to the front and pin in on the head?
                              “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X