Any thoughts this Amazing statment of Imam Al Ghazali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts this Amazing statment of Imam Al Ghazali

"Declare your jihad on thirteen enemies you cannot see - Egoism, Arrogance, Conceit, Selfishness, Greed, Lust, Intolerance, Anger, Lying, Cheating, Gossiping and Slandering. If you can master and destroy them, then will be ready to fight the enemy you can see."- Imam Al-Ghazali

Re: Any thoughts this Amazing statment of Imam Al Ghazali

Originally posted by Muaawiya Al Maliki View Post
    "Declare your jihad on thirteen enemies you cannot see - Egoism, Arrogance, Conceit, Selfishness, Greed, Lust, Intolerance, Anger, Lying, Cheating, Gossiping and Slandering. If you can master and destroy them, then will be ready to fight the enemy you can see."- Imam Al-Ghazali
    It's really a brilliant wise quote, one of our greatest enemies is ourselves and our evil desires and we have to learn to master ourselves.

Imam al-Ghazali (rahimahullah) also mentions in another quote -“Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.”

And your quoted quote also reminds me of Leonardo da Vinci's quote

You will never have a greater or lesser dominion than that over yourself...the height of a man's success is gauged by his self-mastery; the depth of his failure by his self-abandonment. ...And this law is the expression of eternal justice. He who cannot establish dominion over himself will have no dominion over others.”
    ― Leonardo da Vinci
    Last edited by Qiyamah; 31-08-16, 11:15 PM.
    “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
    They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

The Imam(Rahimahullah) truly was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Muaawiya Al Maliki View Post
        The Imam(Rahimahullah) truly was amazing.
        :salams

You should appreciate his words of wisdom but do not praise and exalt him in this way, as Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari said:

The Prophet (ﷺ) heard someone praising another and exaggerating in his praise. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You have ruined or cut the man's back (by praising him so much).

Ibrahim at-Taymi reported that his father said, "We were sitting with 'Umar and one man praised another man to his face." He said, "You have wounded the man. May Allah wound you."

Abu Ma'mar said:
        "A man stood and praised one of the 'Amirs so Al-Miqdad bin Al-Aswad threw dust in his face and said: 'The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) ordered us to throw dust in the faces of those who praise others.'

Abu Bakra said:
        A man praised another man in front of the Prophet. The Prophet (ﷺ) said thrice, "Wailaka (Woe on you) ! You have cut the neck of your brother!" The Prophet (ﷺ) added, "If it is indispensable for anyone of you to praise a person, then he should say, "I think that such-and-such person (is so-and-so), and Allah is the one who will take his accounts (as he knows his reality) and none can sanctify anybody before Allah (and that only if he knows well about that person.)".
        Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
        " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

:up:

Comment

:salams
            :jkk:
            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

One of my favourite imams of the past

Gotta read some more works of his