pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures

Do you think that taking pictures with your camera is haram??

you have to know first about what the prophet said about drawings because some peopel think that drawings and pictures are the same

to me this makes sense

if you think this is halal pls make some good points........id like to know

And those who have no knowledge say: "Why does not Allah speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty.Surah Al-baqarah ayat 118

pictures

I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Re: pictures

why is that?
      And those who have no knowledge say: "Why does not Allah speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty.Surah Al-baqarah ayat 118

Comment

There isn't a consensus on drawing pictures being haraam either.
        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Soliloquy View Post
          There isn't a consensus on drawing pictures being haraam either.
          depends on what you mean. 3D is obviously haram but there is a difference of opinion 2D
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
            depends on what you mean. 3D is obviously haram but there is a difference of opinion 2D
            I'm aware, :jkk: nevertheless.
            Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
            O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by naom View Post
              why is that?
              Because digital photos are not drawings.
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

:nonono: It is haram....... i heard in pakistan scholars allowed photo for just passport at that time because it was a requirement.

then it come on ID Card........with photo
                No this haram become so popular that nobody calls it haram because many pictures of scholars come in newspapers and TV....

Haram spread so much that it becomes halal. Everyone takes selfy few times a day.

One time we have been told if you have picture in your home then angels will not enter in to that home.

This is one example haram became halal.......:spunch:
                :lailah:

Comment

The view I'm taking is that it is haram (because in a sense, it's like a painting when it is on paper, as if you asked a painter to paint you) unless you need it for identification (passport, identity card, etc). Most scholars agree however that images on phones (selfies basically) are not haram so long as they are not printed because phones and electronics cannot render a tangible photograph (you need a phone to see the pic and it's digital meaning it won't stay forever like a photo can).

**Allah swt knows best and I am not a scholar

Comment

Originally posted by GKM View Post
                    :nonono: It is haram....... i heard in pakistan scholars allowed photo for just passport at that time because it was a requirement.

then it come on ID Card........with photo
                    No this haram become so popular that nobody calls it haram because many pictures of scholars come in newspapers and TV....

Haram spread so much that it becomes halal. Everyone takes selfy few times a day.

One time we have been told if you have picture in your home then angels will not enter in to that home.

This is one example haram became halal.......:spunch:
                    I don't take selfies a few times a day.

Anyway this is not haraam becoming halaal, there was never a consensus on this issue.

Comment

I dont consider it haram as long as it isn't printed out and made tangible.
                      "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        I dont consider it haram as long as it isn't printed out and made tangible.
                        Basically
                        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X