Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to be more respectful towards my mother, tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .khayriyyah.
    replied
    Re: I want to be more respectful towards my mother, tips?

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    Me and my mom are both strong-willed people, and my impulsivity often clashes with her desire to stick strictly to the rules....and talking to her about any of this is impossible, because whenever I talk to her about anything serious, especially when she's in a bad mood, she basically just says, "you know the rules, stop acting stupid" (I'm paraphrasing of course).....like today....I found out I had a summer assignment for my Advanced Placement Human Geography class, and after much pressure from her, I decided to do it, and it took like an hour, and an hour later, I worked for another few minutes correcting an error I remembered, but she said that because I didn't read the assigned books, I needed to start over....I told her the questions are not on the books but rather the books are one of many guides for general human geography questions, and she wouldn't budge, and we yelled at each other back and forth at the top of our lungs for half an hour....this happens every other day, or even every day....what should I do?
    In regards to arguing with your mom, when you're not fighting each other remember that the punishment is not worth it. If you remember this enough when you're not fighting you will remember this when you are. Imagine going to hell because of an assignment. When you speak to her just try to calm down.

I know when you're angry you won't be able to remember this unless you've thought about it a lot before. Just practice calming down in your head. Imagine getting into an argument or getting annoyed at something that happened and reminding yourself it's not worth it. Ask yourself if this is worth being questioned over on the day of judgement. Do this a lot and you will be able to do it when these times come. Imagining doing something is a lot like doing it. Just practice.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

Your mom has a level above you, as a parent. You have to be tolerant.

Try to back down a little, and with respect. That is best.

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

Give your mom a break. She's already a single mom, working hard to support her kids etc. you should be nice to her just because and not add on to her stress.

Leave a comment:

• |Abdur Raheem|
    replied

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    Me and my mom are both strong-willed people, and my impulsivity often clashes with her desire to stick strictly to the rules....and talking to her about any of this is impossible, because whenever I talk to her about anything serious, especially when she's in a bad mood, she basically just says, "you know the rules, stop acting stupid" (I'm paraphrasing of course).....like today....I found out I had a summer assignment for my Advanced Placement Human Geography class, and after much pressure from her, I decided to do it, and it took like an hour, and an hour later, I worked for another few minutes correcting an error I remembered, but she said that because I didn't read the assigned books, I needed to start over....I told her the questions are not on the books but rather the books are one of many guides for general human geography questions, and she wouldn't budge, and we yelled at each other back and forth at the top of our lungs for half an hour....this happens every other day, or even every day....what should I do?
    And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. (17:23)

Leave a comment:

• Airo123`
    replied

When I read this, I get upset because I think of my mother. I knew we humans always try to think we're right, just calm down and drink water. Always remember your talking to your mother and heaven is at her feet.

To be honest, when I get home I am going to give my parents a big hug.

Leave a comment:

• I want to be more respectful towards my mother, tips?

Working...
X