How is Music haram?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Music haram?

I know when I first joined I asked this, but can anyone put it simply for me?
    Because for me I need Music, not because I like it, but because it is the only way for me to express myself and not feel judged or hated,
    It is the only way for me to speak, so I do not fully understand how it can be haram if it helps me?
    Sometimes it is the only thing that brings me joy.

Re: How is Music haram?

Same can be said regarding alcohol.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      Same can be said regarding alcohol.
      alcohol is bad for your body though, it only deteriorates you, I will never touch alcohol, what I see it does to people sickens me.

but how does me listening to Travi$ Scott, or Immortal Technique, or Chance the Rapper, make way similar to alcohol?

I understand there are many people who take on bad actions from what they hear or listen too, but there must be open debate for others, because everybody is unique,

so I do not see why Music poses as haram?

Comment

Originally posted by lilOlympi View Post
        alcohol is bad for your body though, it only deteriorates you, I will never touch alcohol, what I see it does to people sickens me.

but how does me listening to Travi$ Scott, or Immortal Technique, or Chance the Rapper, make way similar to alcohol?

I understand there are many people who take on bad actions from what they hear or listen too, but there must be open debate for others, because everybody is unique,

so I do not see why Music poses as haram?
        Music hardens the heart.
        The same argument could be made for keeping dogs. They're a great pet to have, but it's forbidden.

Comment

"Music is the alcohol of the soul.” [Ibn Taymiyyah, Majmoo' Alfatawa, 10/417.]

http://ahmadjibril.com/articles/music.html

^haven't read it but Ahmad Jibril always speaks with evidence.
          Last edited by islamuslim; 26-07-16, 03:39 AM.
          إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Comment

Originally posted by leelee11 View Post
            There are exceptions. You can have dogs for hunting and other things as the Prophet (saw) said.
            Yup

Comment

I don't think the same case can be made for music as for alcohol. When was the last time you read that rasulallah(salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said "Let the drinkers of alcohol drink" even a little, even on special occasions?
              Or adultery, or gambling or any other outright sin.
              Whereas for music there are instances where he allowed it, such as:

:start:
              It was narrated from 'Aishah that:
              The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) entered upon her and there were two girls with her who were beating the duff. Abu Bakr scolded them, but the Prophet (ﷺ) said: "Leave them, for every people has an 'Eid."

Narrated Buraidah:
              "The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) went out for one of his expeditions, then when he came back, a black slave girl came to him and said: 'O Messenger of Allah! I took an oath that if Allah returned you safely, I would beat the Duff before you and sing.' So the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to her: 'If you have taken an oath, then beat it, and if you have not then do not.' So she started to beat the Duff, and Abu Bakr entered while she was beating it. Then 'Ali entered while she was beating it, then 'Uthman entered while she was beating it. Then 'Umar entered, so she put the Duff under her, and sat upon it. So the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'Indeed Ash-Shaitan is afraid of you O 'Umar! I was sitting while she beat it, and then Abu Bakr entered while she was beating it, then 'Ali entered while she was beating it, then 'Uthman entered while she was beating it, then when you entered O 'Umar and she put away the Duff.'

One could say that the man who urinated in the mosque was also allowed to finish and that it would mean that this makes music of the same degree or status of alcohol as a result and shows that just because a sin is allowed to go fulfilled doesn't make it any less "serious", but then there should have been an intervention in between songs if that was the case.
              Though clearly the ahadith indicate that there is something bad in music as a whole and specific instruments are worse than others for example, but some form of music was let happen during eid for instance. This would not have been permitted for adultery during eid, or some other sin.
              I'm not making a fatwa obviously, just for the record, I'm pointing out a difference. I know that cussing is in this unusual category too, sometimes it was allowed, sometimes we're supposed to, though mostly we shouldn't.
              Last edited by Thunderstorm; 26-07-16, 05:05 AM.
              Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Well if you actually listen to the words of most music they promote so much filth.
                No Longer On UF

Comment

Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
                  Well if you actually listen to the words of most music they promote so much filth.
                  لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
                  سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by lilOlympi View Post
                    I know when I first joined I asked this, but can anyone put it simply for me?
                    Because for me I need Music, not because I like it, but because it is the only way for me to express myself and not feel judged or hated,
                    It is the only way for me to speak, so I do not fully understand how it can be haram if it helps me?
                    Sometimes it is the only thing that brings me joy.
                    So ur singing the above?
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Ibn Taymiyyah said: “Becoming intoxicated due to nice voices (in songs and music) may turn into the same type of drunkenness that is due to intoxicating (alcoholic) drinks, because it will lead to one shunning the mention of Allaah and from prayer, and deprive one from the sweetness of reciting the Qur’aan.”
                      Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
                        Not defending music (I will agree with you that there are songs that are very tasteless) but.... There is a lot of music out there in the world. Have you read about all of it?

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                          So ur singing the above?
                          I do rap, I have a music video haha and around 500 followers on my soundcloud.

It is my passion other then cars and football. Most of my Music videos revolve around haram acts I do not commit, but it is what I live around so it feels good to go on a mic and get it off my chest.

Because it is like speaking to thousands of people who can understand my own pain.

Comment

because Allah and his messenger (saw) said so

What is forbidden hardens the heart
                            I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                              because Allah and his messenger (saw) said so

What is forbidden hardens the heart
                              how does it harden the heart lol