Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attitudes towards dawah

Originally posted by noobz View Post
    the wisdom here is that sugar coating is the reason why people accept and then leave Islam.

you don't want to tell them the sharia punishments for sodomy , Islamic history of how Islam was spread , slavery etc ,etc , and then when they find out , it breaks their glass house and they leave almost instantly and start uploading yt videos about how horrible Islam is.

for how long did Muhammad(sws) and the sahaba teach the persians and romans tawheed first? .... hmmmmm .... lets see ....

yes 'people' like me want people to know full well what Islam is and how it is without sugar coating the message and trapping a bunny and then unloading on them telling them the punishments for sodomy and such after they convert.

its quite stupid that since its become a norm that these things are accepted , one should tell them openly this is what Islams stance is on these issues such as sodomy and such before they accept Islam, Muhammad(sws) didn't sugar coat his msg and hide that other gods were allowed in Islam or keep quiet about it , since polytheism was the norm , Muhammad(sws) openly told them there was only Allah(swt). Yes us 'people' trying to scare people from Islam by saying it like it is.

and just to let you know , Muhammad(sws) openly said all other religions other than Islam are false , i don't know what the issue is here , when ur trying to convince someone , ur basically making the argument their religion is false.

maybe its cause you live in the west and don't understand the concept of coming clean and not hiding stuff.

and do tell me , was Muhammad(sws) also part of those people you speak of that didn't want Islam to spread when he openly said to the kuffar that all their gods were false? ... thats quite straightforward.
    I agree with what you're saying bro, but you have to consider the situation

In the west you are taught to accept every deviant and perverted idea, every horrible contradiction of faith, the fitra of children growing up in the west is twisted and deviated so far away from deen. They are taught to accept gambling, homosexuality, alcohol, zina, music, naked women everywhere, to respect and accept every other system of life

When one enters Islam after growing up in a society like that, they need time to do ibadah and let their hearts adjust to the Islamic system and obedience to Allah(swt), otherwise they will doubt and reject, its not sugarcoating to not throw things like slavery and jihad and jizya immediately in their faces. Its not hiding at all. And its not even deceptive because the most important part of Islam is tawheed, which should be taught and understood extensively.

But I agree that if they ask about such things, we must give them the true Islamic answer and not hold anything back, because sugarcoating the deen causes people to leave it when they find out the truth
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Re: Attitudes towards dawah

Originally posted by NYC_Hijab View Post
      Assalam'Alayum brothers and sisters,

I am part of a dawah group that frequently sets-up tables and give dawah to random people walking by. I enjoy it for the most part but I feel like some people in my group take it too far and don't accept a pluralistic society. Often I hear people critiquing other peoples beliefs and trying to convince others that their beliefs are wrong. A comment I often is "they just don't want to accept that the bible is wrong". I feel that at times it becomes an ego thing and the people are more interested in saying someone did a shahada through them because they managed to convince the other person that they are wrong. I'm also uncomfortable with a situation where I was invited over to a friends house for dinner and she invited people for dinner. The people she invited were Christian and the point of inviting them over was to talk to them about Islam and convince them that their views were wrong. I'm cool with educating people on Islam and discussing the differences in our beliefs but if anyone would have approached me in this manner I would have never converted to Islam. I don't think it's possible to even give someone something they are not looking for. My attitude towards dawah is educating people on what Islam is and not what the media portrays, and if they are looking for spiritual guidance then I'm happy to be a part of that.

I feel like people within this group want to see everyone as a Muslim which to me is just not realistic. Something else to note is that several people have taken their shahada at our dawah table- I would estimate around 70 - and only a few of these people have actually stayed in touch with us. What usually happens is that I text the individual a few days after and they never respond. I've addressed this to people in the group but they do not want to accept it and just say perhaps they will become more interested later.

Please share, inshaAllah. your attitude towards dawah and if you agree with the approach the da'ees I know have towards non-Muslims.
      Wa alaykum us salam

Its very sad that some da'wah places have become shahada mills where they take the video of the person bearing witness and then send them away and never follow up with them. There are some people who are really driven towards this religion and just strongly intend to enter and follow it and nothing anyone says or does can dissuade them, but there are other people who you have to fight and debate and argue with to get them into Islam, and if they aren't surrounded by a Muslim community to soothe their doubts and help them and hold their hand, they may fall out of the religion. May Allah(swt) keep our reverts steadfast and improve our da'wah

On the other issue, I have to slightly disagree with you sister. While no one should aggressively approach someone for a shahada(I know what approach you are describing lol), There is nothing wrong with telling a kafir that Islam is the true religion, and they should accept it. It is tolerating pluralism and not affirming Islam as the objective truth that causes some reverts(and born muslims too) to have a really sugarcoated view of the deen

Allah(swt) says

Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam.(3:19)
      وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
      They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Working...
      X