Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responding rudely to people

Narrated Jarir bin `Abdullah:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who is not merciful to others, will not be treated mercifully."
    Sahih al-Bukhari 6013, Book 78, hadith 44

حَدَّثَنَا عُمَرُ بْنُ حَفْصٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا الأَعْمَشُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي زَيْدُ بْنُ وَهْبٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جَرِيرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ لاَ يَرْحَمُ لاَ يُرْحَمُ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated `Adi bin Hatim:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) mentioned the (Hell) Fire and sought refuge (with Allah) from it, and turned his face to the other side. He mentioned the (Hell) Fire again and took refuge (with Allah) from it and turned his face to the other side. (Shu`ba, the sub-narrator, said, "I have no doubt that the Prophet (ﷺ) repeated it twice.") The Prophet (ﷺ) then said, "(O people!) Save yourselves from the (Hell) Fire even if with one half of a date fruit (given in charity), and if this is not available, then (save yourselves) by saying a good pleasant friendly word."
    Sahih al-Bukhari 6023, Book 78, hadith 54

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْوَلِيدِ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي عَمْرٌو، عَنْ خَيْثَمَةَ، عَنْ عَدِيِّ بْنِ حَاتِمٍ، قَالَ ذَكَرَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم النَّارَ، فَتَعَوَّذَ مِنْهَا وَأَشَاحَ بِوَجْهِهِ، ثُمَّ ذَكَرَ النَّارَ، فَتَعَوَّذَ مِنْهَا، وَأَشَاحَ بِوَجْهِهِ ـ قَالَ شُعْبَةُ أَمَّا مَرَّتَيْنِ فَلاَ أَشُكُّ ـ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏ "‏ اتَّقُوا النَّارَ وَلَوْ بِشِقِّ تَمْرَةٍ، فَإِنْ لَمْ تَجِدْ فَبِكَلِمَةٍ طَيِّبَةٍ ‏"‏‏.‏

Be kind in your responses.
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Re: Responding rudely to people

:jkk:

Comment

responding harshly and rudely is sign of an evil heart too! :(

Comment

speaking rudely is wrong but it depends what you're responding to, it can be to someone who is being mean carelessly. Islam allows retaliation generally.
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I'm always wary of good friendly people. Finding raw, agenda- less kindness is rare.
          '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
            I'm always wary of good friendly people. Finding raw, agenda- less kindness is rare.
            Lol :)

i see the intj now
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
              Lol :)

i see the intj now
              O Random why are you always so good and friendly
              '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

O Random why are you always so good and friendly
                Loool

u need to ask the people in my life if that's true
                "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

But btw this is why u ppl are so special

cos u pretty much hate everyone so when u like someone it feels really special

and ppl like me feel like we have some kind of responsibility to show u that the world isn't all as bad as u think it is lol

Comment

Loool

u need to ask the people in my life if that's true
                    Okay.I'm going to ask them.

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Okay.I'm going to ask them.
                      Lolllllll

u won't like the results of ur findings :embar:

Comment

But btw this is why u ppl are so special

cos u pretty much hate everyone so when u like someone it feels really special

and ppl like me feel like we have some kind of responsibility to show u that the world isn't all as bad as u think it is lol
                        Seriously?hate ?I don't hate, I just prefer when they're not around.

The world it is what it is. No perfection here, bunch of random people.

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Lolllllll

u won't like the results of ur findings :embar:
                          You're not that bad sis. Just too emotional.

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

You're not that bad sis. Just too emotional.
                            LOLLL I've actually calmed down loads u know

Seriously?hate ?I don't hate, I just prefer when they're not around.

The world it is what it is. No perfection here, bunch of random people.
                            yeh but sometimes like someone's kind words, or a random smile, or someone picking up something u dropped - all of these things make u feel kinda happy and then u remba we are all a bunch of random ppl but we're a bunch of kinda the same random ppl. Like we all get happy we all get hurt we all get angry we're all tryna make it. That's like so nice in itself.

Comment

LOLLL I've actually calmed down loads u know

yeh but sometimes like someone's kind words, or a random smile, or someone picking up something u dropped - all of these things make u feel kinda happy and then u remba we are all a bunch of random ppl but we're a bunch of kinda the same random ppl. Like we all get happy we all get hurt we all get angry we're all tryna make it. That's like so nice in itself.
                              Yeah.You reminded me of ''This is water'' concept...

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Working...
                              X