Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are we all less civilized then we try to come across, is the mark of the cilvilized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we all less civilized then we try to come across, is the mark of the cilvilized

person that they try to appear in the public face what we all know that we are not deep down inside, but have come to silent agreement of what is acceptable to be or say? what do you all think, are your opinions different when you are alone, are your statements less pc around your family for example, or do you try to police people into things that in a different environment (private), you wouldn't care in the same way?

I'd like your thoughts on this,

thanks
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Re: are we all less civilized then we try to come across, is the mark of the cilviliz

it is easy to less police self at internet and more high behaviour at home
    i ask 3 questions at ummah forum i very very not ask at home

Comment

Re: are we all less civilized then we try to come across, is the mark of the cilviliz

if mods didn't do their job on here, this site would turn to the Muslim version of Stormfront with ease.

Comment

:salams

Not quite sure what your trying to ask here?

Comment

:salams

I learnt that people suppress their authenticity in order to feel accepted, or in the crowd. Because if you said your mind out, you'd be excluded and called a madman (or so people think)

They want some association with someone, an attachment, and in order to get to that attachment, in order to be "normal" one suppresses his or her authenticity.

Allahu alam whether this is true.
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
            person that they try to appear in the public face what we all know that we are not deep down inside, but have come to silent agreement of what is acceptable to be or say? what do you all think, are your opinions different when you are alone, are your statements less pc around your family for example, or do you try to police people into things that in a different environment (private), you wouldn't care in the same way?

I'd like your thoughts on this,

thanks
            For several days I'd been toying with the idea of doing a show about this called "the masks we wear". My point being that I think most of us feel the need to wear a mask when out in public to show a "good face" to the general public even though in private our perspective is different. For example, when the kufaar talk about homosexuality (easy example), then it's too taboo to admit that it's wrong or sinful so even though we're thinking that but feel we can't say anything in their presence in case it lands us in trouble.

We learn to do this as school children. Many of us avoid speaking our parents language in school even if it's what we speak at home. Some of us did choir or sung hymns at assembly but would deliberately not read out the shirk bits of the songs lol. That was our way as 9 year olds of not rocking the boat by failing to participate but still not crossing that specific line. As we grow up, this happens more and more. There are some conversations we can have more freely with Muslim brethren and families, but our words have to be more guarded in front of others. This change of behaviour and wording is what I call the mask, but the problem is that the "moderate" sellout Muslims and the kufaar are trying to push the mask on us as our core identity, which it is not- it is not our real or authentic self.

This has little to do with being civilised or uncivilised. Although the definition of civilised is a very subjective thing. Under Islamic civilisation, adultery and sodomy were punishable by death and it wasn't unusual for people to get married when they were 14- but today this would be called uncivilised or even barbaric by people who often don't know what it is to be civilised. So the issue is not whether we are less civilised than how we come across, but that we're expected to follow a definition of civilisation that is alien to Islam and therefore, based on untruths.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
              if mods didn't do their job on here, this site would turn to the Muslim version of Stormfront with ease.
              It's pretty much outta control anyway with multiple useless threads/litter and Trolls,

Can't say they doing a great job,
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                For several days I'd been toying with the idea of doing a show about this called "the masks we wear". My point being that I think most of us feel the need to wear a mask when out in public to show a "good face" to the general public even though in private our perspective is different. For example, when the kufaar talk about homosexuality (easy example), then it's too taboo to admit that it's wrong or sinful so even though we're thinking that but feel we can't say anything in their presence in case it lands us in trouble.

We learn to do this as school children. Many of us avoid speaking our parents language in school even if it's what we speak at home. Some of us did choir or sung hymns at assembly but would deliberately not read out the shirk bits of the songs lol. That was our way as 9 year olds of not rocking the boat by failing to participate but still not crossing that specific line. As we grow up, this happens more and more. There are some conversations we can have more freely with Muslim brethren and families, but our words have to be more guarded in front of others. This change of behaviour and wording is what I call the mask, but the problem is that the "moderate" sellout Muslims and the kufaar are trying to push the mask on us as our core identity, which it is not- it is not our real or authentic self.

This has little to do with being civilised or uncivilised. Although the definition of civilised is a very subjective thing. Under Islamic civilisation, adultery and sodomy were punishable by death and it wasn't unusual for people to get married when they were 14- but today this would be called uncivilised or even barbaric by people who often don't know what it is to be civilised. So the issue is not whether we are less civilised than how we come across, but that we're expected to follow a definition of civilisation that is alien to Islam and therefore, based on untruths.
                you seemed to have grasped a bit of what I was saying, but I don't just mean in terms of kufar, but just everyday things, for example racial stereotypes, im pretty sure most people have no problem generalizing an entire people in front of their family casually, and without having racist sentiments, but if done in a public platform (including the internet) it then becomes wrong, you get what I mean now? and I'm not referring to the aspect of offending people or trying to avoid it, but towards whether or not there are people who uphold this in their private everyday lives
                Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
                  you seemed to have grasped a bit of what I was saying, but I don't just mean in terms of kufar, but just everyday things, for example racial stereotypes, im pretty sure most people have no problem generalizing an entire people in front of their family casually, and without having racist sentiments, but if done in a public platform (including the internet) it then becomes wrong, you get what I mean now? and I'm not referring to the aspect of offending people or trying to avoid it, but towards whether or not there are people who uphold this in their private everyday lives
                  Oh okay I see where you're coming from and yes that does go on. I think that happens in every society including our own. These things are just below the surface though and it doesn't take much to bring such attitudes to the surface for example when there's a race hate crime in the news or particularly if a black person commits a heinous crime, you'll see some Muslims come out with racial slurs as though the skin colour is at fault or just something to make cheap jokes about. So people hide that prejudice in public but it doesn't take much to bring that out in people.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

if our opinions are not the same as in public, then this is hypocrysy, e.g, in public one says they're not racist, but in his heart he knows he's lying

there is a type of 'not upto standard' when in private but thats only expected as we let down our defence in private, but in public we're all on our best behaviour so to be more better opinioned/disciplined in public is only expected

Comment

Working...
                    X