Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol in Medicine Question

Salaam,

So i just bought Chloraseptic for my kid's sore throat and as soon as I get home I see in small print that it contains 1.87% alcohol. The unit is 6 fl oz, or 177 mL. You do not swallow this. You simply spray to back of throat, wait 15 seconds, then spit out to relieve sore throat. Is it haram to use this?
    لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Alcohol in Medicine Question

Regarding swallowing if the alcohol is capable of intoxicating it's haraam. Not sure about spraying.

:wswrwb:
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Re: Alcohol in Medicine Question

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      Regarding swallowing if the alcohol is capable of intoxicating it's haraam. Not sure about spraying.

:wswrwb:
      hmm. only abou 2.2 mL of the 117 mL is alcohol. and if not swallowing I doubt anyone can get drunk. main ingredient is 1.4% phenol. i'd really hate to throw it out and drive out again to get another one. it's almost $8! what a ripoff. fffffff
      لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Re: Alcohol in Medicine Question

It's like when you spraying perfumes on your body. Most of perfumes in can use alcohols in order the spray can could be work

Comment

Working...
        X