Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Du'a can change the Qadr

Originally posted by Ahmed00 View Post
    We do what we do - good deeds and bad deeds, not because it is written down that we WILL be doing this, but it is written down BECAUSE we do good deeds and bad deeds. To say otherwise negates the meaning of our free will. Not only this, but this would mean that our judgement in the Day of Judgment is already decided for us. Yes, certain things are written down as part of what's predestined for us, such as the times of our birth and death. But our actions are not bound by our books of deeds.

Allah swt would not create a soul only to throw them in hell. To do so would be unjust, and Allah swt is the most just.

-Yes, what is written is done so because we did that thing, but you could never claim that Allah did not know or pre-ordain that that action would be done.
    What free will do you believe we TRULY have? We have the ability to do whatever we like. We are held accountable for every action, and we can choose NOT to do a thing. However, what you did or not do, has already been determined. How else do you think Allah instructs the angels as to whether we will be denizens of hell or heaven?

Also, do not say " Allah would not do such a thing," and especially do not use unjust in the same sentence, creating a conditional opinion-based justice that if it did turn out that this truth was real truth, that Allah would then be implicated as unjust. Such a dangerous thing, that.

Do not forget that Satan was created. Satan is also a soul. Satan was created with the sole purpose of doing what he did, though he chose to do it. How ever could it not be this way? Humanity would not exist on earth if Satan did not make that choice. Or do you truly believe that it was up to Satan's personal choice to completely alter the course of history for the entire human race? It was planned, and written as all things are.

Your argument is essentially " If what you say is true, then everything I believe is untrue, and we are all living in an illusion, therefore I reject your truth."

Believe what you must, live as you must. Allah has mentioned through hadith and through Qur'an, many implications that it has all been ordained. Make a choice, or do not make that choice... your deliberations over whether or not to do it, has been written. Speak a lie and then take it back, it has been written. Become evil, and then on your death bed, return to Allah. It has been written. Your free will is only so that you will have no excuse to say " I could not decide for myself." Nothing more.

To accept this reality, is to accept your powerlessness. People who have atheism in their heart can never accept this truth, because it would mean that they have no control over their own selves. They fear and hate submission. We as Muslims see pre-destiny as beautiful, and we count ourselves fortunate, that Allah chose us personally to be of those guided. You will know within your own heart, whether or not you are a good man or a bad one.

If you fight with the ability to submit to the fact that you have no control of your own destiny beyond the simplicity of choice, stop fighting. As you exit and enter into time, from past , present, and transcend future, you will understand eventually (perhaps), that the threads and weaves of action are nothing more than sinew upon the tapestry of destiny. Now move your hand to your side, and then back to its original position. Imagine that there are strings attached to your arms as you did so. Then defy that action and reverse your arm back to the side position. Do you believe you just changed your destiny? No. Allah wrote the action, the withdrawal, the recommital, and the denial. Then he smiled, and loved you, even though you doubted his power.

Comment

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
      -Yes, what is written is done so because we did that thing, but you could never claim that Allah did not know or pre-ordain that that action would be done.
      What free will do you believe we TRULY have? We have the ability to do whatever we like. We are held accountable for every action, and we can choose NOT to do a thing. However, what you did or not do, has already been determined. How else do you think Allah instructs the angels as to whether we will be denizens of hell or heaven?

Also, do not say " Allah would not do such a thing," and especially do not use unjust in the same sentence, creating a conditional opinion-based justice that if it did turn out that this truth was real truth, that Allah would then be implicated as unjust. Such a dangerous thing, that.

Do not forget that Satan was created. Satan is also a soul. Satan was created with the sole purpose of doing what he did, though he chose to do it. How ever could it not be this way? Humanity would not exist on earth if Satan did not make that choice. Or do you truly believe that it was up to Satan's personal choice to completely alter the course of history for the entire human race? It was planned, and written as all things are.

Your argument is essentially " If what you say is true, then everything I believe is untrue, and we are all living in an illusion, therefore I reject your truth."

Believe what you must, live as you must. Allah has mentioned through hadith and through Qur'an, many implications that it has all been ordained. Make a choice, or do not make that choice... your deliberations over whether or not to do it, has been written. Speak a lie and then take it back, it has been written. Become evil, and then on your death bed, return to Allah. It has been written. Your free will is only so that you will have no excuse to say " I could not decide for myself." Nothing more.

To accept this reality, is to accept your powerlessness. People who have atheism in their heart can never accept this truth, because it would mean that they have no control over their own selves. They fear and hate submission. We as Muslims see pre-destiny as beautiful, and we count ourselves fortunate, that Allah chose us personally to be of those guided. You will know within your own heart, whether or not you are a good man or a bad one.

If you fight with the ability to submit to the fact that you have no control of your own destiny beyond the simplicity of choice, stop fighting. As you exit and enter into time, from past , present, and transcend future, you will understand eventually (perhaps), that the threads and weaves of action are nothing more than sinew upon the tapestry of destiny. Now move your hand to your side, and then back to its original position. Imagine that there are strings attached to your arms as you did so. Then defy that action and reverse your arm back to the side position. Do you believe you just changed your destiny? No. Allah wrote the action, the withdrawal, the recommital, and the denial. Then he smiled, and loved you, even though you doubted his power.
      Our little human minds cannot comprehend their Glorious Creator and Lord no matter how hard we try - it is only the heart that beats in sync with the Truth (Haq) when it comes across it in words, worship and daily life.

You explained a difficult concept with much clarity for everyone to ponder :jkk:

Like you said believe it or not, like it or not we are ultimately powerless and only through utter submission can we be saved. May Allah grants us all an understanding of His deen - ameen.
      ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Comment

Originally posted by becky530 View Post
        yeah it is me.....who may i ask is asking?
        It's steve ... Steve mckoswski
        The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

I am always inspired by Allah's Khalil : Ibrahim (Alaihi Wasallam)
          I wish I could be in Allah's Khalil list too.
          Inshallah!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-it-HlhEo

Comment

Yeah! After a lot of readings, I've finally understood well!

I feel better now

:) :) :)

Comment

Working...
            X