• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Du'a can change the Qadr

Originally posted by zantz View Post
    https://islamqa.info/en/43021
    https://islamqa.info/en/49004
    https://youtu.be/zydqaHpDYSI

I think its best yoi go to an actual sheikh about this but hopefully if you read through these links and watch the 2min video you'd get a better sense of things.
    So why we make du'a or ask others to make du'a for us or we are asked to make du'a for someone else ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post
      So why we make du'a or ask others to make du'a for us or we are asked to make du'a for someone else ?
      Because without that dua Allah would not have granted us with that good qadr, afaik.

Taqdeer refers to the absolute and perfect knowledge of Allah Ta'ala. This knowledge cannot change as it is perfect.

The meaning of the statement, 'Du'aa can change Taqdeer' is this that at times Allah Ta'ala orders the angels to carry out a certain order.
      Thereafter, after accepting the Du'aa of a person, Allah Ta'ala changes the instruction given to the angel.
      However, as far as the absolute knowledge of Allah Ta'ala is concerned, nothing has changed. Allah Ta'ala knew from beforehand that He will be changing the command given to the angel. Thus, looking at the matter from the side of the angel, fate has changed. Yet, as far as Allah Ta'ala is concerned, nothing has changed. As Muslims, we are required to make Du'aa with full hope and by adopting all the correct means for achieving our desires, and thereafter, be pleased with whatever has decreed by His wisdom.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best..

Heres a good thread on the matter:
      http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...make-dua/page2
      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Omg. I feel confused now.
        So the two speakers of the video are telling something wrong? One of them is a sheikh...

So why do we make du'a?
        Read the longer post I made before the last one.it answers that.Also be very careful about who you accept as a religious authority.

Understanding this is as simple as understanding that nothing has ever happened, is happening, or will happen that Allah has not already written.Allah exists outside of time's restrictions, and he penned the tale of the worlds before existence, existed.
        Last edited by SartorialMuslim; 11-07-16, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
          I did not watch the video, but to believe in the title itself is shirk.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

As for dua, it is very true that yes, it CAN change one’s destiny or qadr.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
            “Nothing can change the Divine decree except dua”. [Musnad Ahmad, 5/677; Ibn Majah, 90; Jami` Al-Tirmidhi, 139. Classed as hasan by Albani]

And the Prophet also said:
            “No precaution can protect against the decree of Allah. Dua is beneficial with regard to what has been decreed and what has not been decreed. The dua meets the calamity that has been decreed and wrestles with it, until the Day of Resurrection.” [Tabarani]

Source: http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask...hange-destiny/

Comment

Sister,

These ahadith has been graded da'if by darussalam, so be careful.

http://www.sunnah.com/urn/674420
              http://www.sunnah.com/urn/1250900
              Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by bhshawon View Post
                Sister,

the first one is classed hasan though?
                Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                  hasan by al-Albani, but da'if by darussalam
                  Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                    hasan by al-Albani, but da'if by darussalam
                    Be careful of Shaykh Albani's hasans.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                      Be careful of Shaykh Albani's hasans.
                      eh why?
                      Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                      In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                      USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                      (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Sister,

How is it possible that over something so important, scholars have so opposite views....
                        So far I've been reading a lot about this topic, and I am now more confused than before....

Comment

How is it possible that over something so important, scholars have so opposite views....
                          So far I've been reading a lot about this topic, and I am now more confused than before....
                          same here. I tried to look into this but came out more confused. Asked for divine guidance when all else failed but could not get even a single hint. Duas and Qadar are two very different concepts. I always felt my duas had the power to split the world in half if i asked properly and if i persevered enough but now i dont know what to believe. I still make dua but at this point i dont even know what i am doing. And the scholars only confuse and divide more

Comment

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
                            Qadr in Arabic is roughly translated to power, or in this context pre-destiny or "fate," which is an extension of the power(qadr) of Allah. Allah has informed us that our lives and our deeds have been inscribed in a book before birth, and that everything that we shall do , say, and believe has been determined. He even instructs the angels in whether he will be a denizen of hell or a denizen of heaven. Sure we make our own choices,as a way to justify our destination, but we could not change that action, even though the illusion of our minds would allow it to be so.

To say that ANY action can change your fate, is to say that any person has the ability to un-do the writing of Allah, and thus change the words of the book. To claim this means that we ourselves, with either our spirit, force of will, or "dua," can change that which Allah has already claimed power over. In claiming that you have the power to change what Allah has decreed, you are thusly saying you have the same power or more, that Allah has( Astagfirullah). That would of course, make any individual capable of being God, or having Godly powers, which translates to Shirk.

Do not believe in these non-muslim fallacies "the law of attraction," and the power of spirit. The law of attraction , though rooted in some truth, is simply playing the threads that Allah has already woven.

We are muslims, we steer clear of anything that questions or challenges the power of Allah. Dua is NOT for the purpose of changing our fate, it is to please Allah, humble ourselves, and store more good deeds for our Akhirah. After all, how many dua have you made that were not granted? You have no power, only Allah does... but he is so merciful that even when he does not grant your Dua, he saves a special reward in the next life as recompense.

The following is reported from Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (may Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(The matter of the Creation of) a human being is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period. Then Allah sends an angel who is ordered to write four things. He is ordered to write down his (i.e. the new creature's) deeds, his livelihood, his (date of) death, and whether he will be blessed or wretched (in religion). Then the soul is breathed into him. So, a man amongst you may do (good deeds till there is only a cubit between him and Paradise and then what has been written for him decides his behavior and he starts doing (evil) deeds characteristic of the people of the (Hell) Fire. And similarly a man amongst you may do (evil) deeds till there is only a cubit between him and the (Hell) Fire, and then what has been written for him decides his behavior, and he starts doing deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise." . (Buhkari)

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chatper 34 Surah Saba verse 3:
                            3 The Unbelievers say "Never to us will come the hour". Say "Nay! But most surely, by my Lord, it will come upon you by Him Who knows the unseen; from Whom is not hidden the least little atom in the heavens or on earth: nor is there anything less than that or greater, but is (Decreed) in the Record Perspicuous.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 94 Narrated by Ubadah ibn as-Samit
                            Allah's Messenger (saws) said: The first thing which Allah created was the Pen. He commanded it to write. It asked: What should I write? He said: Write the Decree (al-Qadr). So it wrote what had happened and what was going to happen up to eternity.
                            We do what we do - good deeds and bad deeds, not because it is written down that we WILL be doing this, but it is written down BECAUSE we do good deeds and bad deeds. To say otherwise negates the meaning of our free will. Not only this, but this would mean that our judgement in the Day of Judgment is already decided for us. Yes, certain things are written down as part of what's predestined for us, such as the times of our birth and death. But our actions are not bound by our books of deeds.

Allah swt would not create a soul only to throw them in hell. To do so would be unjust, and Allah swt is the most just.
                            Last edited by Ahmed00; 17-07-16, 04:40 AM.

Comment

I did not watch the video or read many of the replies but from what I understand...

The video is simply meant to help you make dua more. It's not that the dua went back in time and changed something decreed....

The tablet already has "so and so will make dua for this, this and this".."this will be the response"

It's not that the dua changed anything per-say, God already knows you will make the dua. Just as God knows you will not make a dua.

Comment

nothing to be confused about

there are 2 types of qadr; the one of ALlahs foreknowlge; this one cannot be changed, but the one thats written on the book; this one can, e.g, say you committed some henious sin and ALlah destined for a punishment to visit you sometime ... but you can repent and ALlah will avert that punishment

Comment

Working...
                                X