Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Du'a can change the Qadr

Re: Du'a can change the Qadr

I did not watch the video, but to believe in the title itself is shirk.

Comment

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
      I did not watch the video, but to believe in the title itself is shirk.
      Why do you say that? :(

Comment

[MENTION=91405]I See You[/MENTION] , Can the qadr be changed from duas? Laylatul qadr does determine it for the next year but what about other days?

Comment

[MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post
            Why do you say that? :(
            Qadr in Arabic is roughly translated to power, or in this context pre-destiny or "fate," which is an extension of the power(qadr) of Allah. Allah has informed us that our lives and our deeds have been inscribed in a book before birth, and that everything that we shall do , say, and believe has been determined. He even instructs the angels in whether he will be a denizen of hell or a denizen of heaven. Sure we make our own choices,as a way to justify our destination, but we could not change that action, even though the illusion of our minds would allow it to be so.

To say that ANY action can change your fate, is to say that any person has the ability to un-do the writing of Allah, and thus change the words of the book. To claim this means that we ourselves, with either our spirit, force of will, or "dua," can change that which Allah has already claimed power over. In claiming that you have the power to change what Allah has decreed, you are thusly saying you have the same power or more, that Allah has( Astagfirullah). That would of course, make any individual capable of being God, or having Godly powers, which translates to Shirk.

Do not believe in these non-muslim fallacies "the law of attraction," and the power of spirit. The law of attraction , though rooted in some truth, is simply playing the threads that Allah has already woven.

We are muslims, we steer clear of anything that questions or challenges the power of Allah. Dua is NOT for the purpose of changing our fate, it is to please Allah, humble ourselves, and store more good deeds for our Akhirah. After all, how many dua have you made that were not granted? You have no power, only Allah does... but he is so merciful that even when he does not grant your Dua, he saves a special reward in the next life as recompense.

The following is reported from Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (may Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(The matter of the Creation of) a human being is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period. Then Allah sends an angel who is ordered to write four things. He is ordered to write down his (i.e. the new creature's) deeds, his livelihood, his (date of) death, and whether he will be blessed or wretched (in religion). Then the soul is breathed into him. So, a man amongst you may do (good deeds till there is only a cubit between him and Paradise and then what has been written for him decides his behavior and he starts doing (evil) deeds characteristic of the people of the (Hell) Fire. And similarly a man amongst you may do (evil) deeds till there is only a cubit between him and the (Hell) Fire, and then what has been written for him decides his behavior, and he starts doing deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise." . (Buhkari)

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chatper 34 Surah Saba verse 3:
            3 The Unbelievers say "Never to us will come the hour". Say "Nay! But most surely, by my Lord, it will come upon you by Him Who knows the unseen; from Whom is not hidden the least little atom in the heavens or on earth: nor is there anything less than that or greater, but is (Decreed) in the Record Perspicuous.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 94 Narrated by Ubadah ibn as-Samit
            Allah's Messenger (saws) said: The first thing which Allah created was the Pen. He commanded it to write. It asked: What should I write? He said: Write the Decree (al-Qadr). So it wrote what had happened and what was going to happen up to eternity.
            Last edited by SartorialMuslim; 10-07-16, 05:41 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=134006]ashmeo[/MENTION] [MENTION=132514]Alina15[/MENTION] [MENTION=135867]SartorialMuslim[/MENTION]
              https://islamqa.info/en/43021
              [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
              [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                [MENTION=134006]ashmeo[/MENTION] [MENTION=132514]Alina15[/MENTION] [MENTION=135867]SartorialMuslim[/MENTION]
                Remember, whether or not a decree was written and then blotted out and rewritten, understand that the both the writing and the blotting are under the umbrella of "predestiny." Perhaps you could conceptually believe that a man was destined for hell, but then reformed and then was forgiven and erased his destiny to achieve paradise. That method is flawed. Know that he certainly "would have been," destined for hell had he died that way, but Allah had already determined that he would not be of those denizens.

Imaan is an impressionable thing which can fluctuate. It is safer to protect this beautiful thing, by using the correct methodologies of thought to maintain the integrity of the weave.

Comment

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
                  Remember, whether or not a decree was written and then blotted out and rewritten, understand that the both the writing and the blotting are under the umbrella of "predestiny." Perhaps you could conceptually believe that a man was destined for hell, but then reformed and then was forgiven and erased his destiny to achieve paradise. That method is flawed. Know that he certainly "would have been," destined for hell had he died that way, but Allah had already determined that he would not be of those denizens.

Imaan is an impressionable thing which can fluctuate. It is safer to protect this beautiful thing, by using the correct methodologies of thought to maintain the integrity of the weave.
                  Omg. I feel confused now.
                  So the two speakers of the video are telling something wrong? One of them is a sheikh...

So why do we make du'a?
                  Last edited by Alina15; 10-07-16, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post
                    Thing is this. No matter what you will ever do, your prayer is just you trying to change something that will surely/will never happen. I also was stuck on this issue for a while. Did the best of duas but things were already set in stone. I guess just wait and see what happens. You can pray for mental satisfaction but thats just about it. Sometimes islamic logic just baffles you.

Comment

Originally posted by becky530 View Post
                      Thing is this. No matter what you will ever do, your prayer is just you trying to change something that will surely/will never happen. I also was stuck on this issue for a while. Did the best of duas but things were already set in stone. I guess just wait and see what happens. You can pray for mental satisfaction but thats just about it. Sometimes islamic logic just baffles you.
                      is that you becky

Comment

The prayer is part of the qadr afaik, its a confusing yes ik and people try to oversimplify it but there are differentvtypes of qadr etc etc
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

yeah it is me.....who may i ask is asking?

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                            The prayer is part of the qadr afaik, its a confusing yes ik and people try to oversimplify it but there are differentvtypes of qadr etc etc
                            would really love to have this elaborated. With verifiable sources if possible

Comment

would really love to have this elaborated. With verifiable sources if possible
                              https://islamqa.info/en/49004
                              https://youtu.be/zydqaHpDYSI

I think its best yoi go to an actual sheikh about this but hopefully if you read through these links and watch the 2min video you'd get a better sense of things.

Comment

Working...
                              X