Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future of Muslims in West: Are we being delusional?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future of Muslims in West: Are we being delusional?

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
    Denying it is perhaps the worst way of tackling these problems for sure. When you refuse to acknowledge that the vast majority of Muslims simply don't pray and those that do pray their salah are very scarce and rare, nothing can change.
    Vast majority?

That's a pretty gross slanderous generalisation, you haven't surveyed over 750,000,000 Muslims have you?

What could say is you see more that don't pray than those that do,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

:salams Many of the strong believing brothers Ive known in the US have left to live as expats within Muslim countries. In most Muslim countries, if you buy property you become a permanent resident. These countries sell to expats apartments, villas, houses: Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, Malaysia, some parts of the Khaleej and Jeddah area.

Leaving to save one's children is a primary factor. Leaving to save oneself is usually less a reason, but can be justified.
      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Currently there seems more religious freedom in the West than in many Muslim nations with one Muslim group trying to kill another Muslin group or one tribe threatening another tribe. Never lived there so I cannot say, but it seems that way from rreports.

Comment

Muslims in the West have more religious freedom than most of the Muslim majority countries. Also, the West are usually friendly when it comes to granting permanent residency or citizenship, Muslim majority countries are not, its very hard to obtain one unless if you are marrying someone from one of those countries or if you have good connection/networking overseas.

As for them not being practicing or leaving Islam, it is their fault, not ours. Their responsibility, not ours. I dunno why Muslims are getting bothered over this as if we should take responsibility for them like we are parents or something?
          Last edited by Achilles; 07-07-16, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Muslims don't have much time in the West left. People are becoming more hostile, and just hate everything to do with Islam, even though they never met a Muslim or ever learned about Islam from a Muslim and not lying Christians who paint Islam in a bad light. Only problem is a lot of us don't have the money to take our families out of here, and if we did, where would we go? It's not like the Muslim countries are Islamic.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post
              Muslims don't have much time in the West left. People are becoming more hostile, and just hate everything to do with Islam, even though they never met a Muslim or ever learned about Islam from a Muslim and not lying Christians who paint Islam in a bad light. Only problem is a lot of us don't have the money to take our families out of here, and if we did, where would we go? It's not like the Muslim countries are Islamic.
              That's only addressing born Muslims who have another life in another country or culture to go back to. Reverts have none of that. I do feel most comfortable being in the US though, despite the growing hostility.

Comment

In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

And most certainly shall We try you by means of danger, and hunger, and loss of wordly goods, of lives and of [labour's] fruits. But give glad tidings unto those who are patient in adversity.
                Holy Quran 2:155

[But] do you think that you could enter paradise without having suffered like those [believers] who passed away before you? Misfortune and hardship befell them, and so shaken were they that the apostle, and the believers with him, would exclaim, "When will God's succor come?" Oh, verily, God's succor is [always] near! - Holy Quran 2:214

I am grateful to Allah for where I live. I am very grateful because it could be a worse trial for me, that bombs drop on my house, kill my loved ones and neighbors. It could be I am fleeing my home with all I have left, in a sack that I carry over a bent back. My life could be sooo much worse. I am truly grateful. I could live in a place where the water is not clean, I am starving, my body inflicted with wounds from swords that the oppressor beats me with. I am grateful, indeed that my husband has a job, that there are a few cows in a field that belong to us. I am grateful that the air is pure to breathe. Alhamduiallah! Allahu Akabar! I am so grateful I could just weep and do weep often. The wind blows before Allah (swt)'s mercy comes. It rains here, lots. SubhanAllah!

But even this is a trial for me.

For, He it is who has made you inherit the earth, and has raised some of you by degrees above others, so that He might try you by means of what He has bestowed upon you. Verily, thy Sustainer is swift in retribution: yet, behold, He is indeed much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace. - 6:165

so that He might try you by means of what He has bestowed upon you.

The whole world is a delusion.

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion. Holy Quran 57:20

And what we have, no matter where we live in the world, is trial, testing and how do we make it through?

(Rest assured that) Allah has full power over everything: establish the Salat and pay the Zakat. you will find with Allah whatever good you send forward for your future; Allah is watching everything you do. Holy Quran 2:110

And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. Holy Quran 51:56

We can do that anywhere in the world, even when they have their boots on our back.

Pray for the youth who are leaving Islam that Allah (swt) softens their hearts.

“All humans are dead except those who have knowledge; and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds; and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere; and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.”
                Imam Syafi’e
                By time, Indeed, mankind is in lose, Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience. (Qur'an: 103-1-3)

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles View Post
                  Muslims in the West have more religious freedom than most of the Muslim majority countries.
                  If you mean the freedom to practice OTHER than islam then sure, you're correct. But then they're not muslims in the first place.

Comment

I don't think we are in denial. Just don't want to move to a Muslim country.

I generally find them oppressive.

The people there don't want to live there, hence the Arab revolt.
                    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
                      If you mean the freedom to practice OTHER than islam then sure, you're correct. But then they're not muslims in the first place.
                      What's that suppose to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles View Post
                        What's that suppose to mean?
                        He means given the religious freedom in the west, Muslims can choose to practice a religion other than Islam. But if they're choosing to practice a religion other than Islam, then they're no longer Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
                          Vast majority of muslims in the west dont pray salah. Maybe 10 % or less do.
                          so do muslims in muslim countries,very few of them actually pray 5 times a day seven days a week.

lots of youth and adults don't pray.they are not strict with salah and don't remind/nag their kids to pray like muslim parents in west do.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                            :wswrwb:

Your post touches upon a certain paradigm of thought which I have noticed amongst Muslims in the United States. There seems to be this underlying assumption that Muslims are here to stay, and that Islam can thrive in the West. Muslim communities here are scrambling to find different ways to make Muslims interested in Islam, especially the youth. But the truth is, Muslim communities will NEVER reach their full potential. Islam simply cannot thrive in this kind of environment. We can keep building and renovating fancy masajid, trying all kinds of strategies, but nothings going to work. Muslims are indeed deluded.
                            Wallahi I don't think Muslims are going to move back east, I don't think that was the reason Allah(swt) moved our parents here or guided those of who were born here to this deen, I think he has a plan.
                            وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
                            They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Originally posted by ابن مرة View Post
                              :salams
                              :start:

At jumu'ah today, we had a fundraiser like we do on many Fridays. The imam who is from another masjid in my city was raising funds for a "Youth Center" they are building at their masjid. They are trying to build a swimming pool, basketball court and other things communities try to have to keep youth coming to the masjid. He was saying how back home we don't need these kind of things to get the young ones to come to the masjid as the environment is Islamic by nature compare to the West. I don't disagree with much of what he was saying however it got me thinking about few things. Some of which I have went through personally.

Many young Muslims here have stopped practicing Islam, or have completely left the religion. Do we Muslims have a future any sort of future without compromising our deen? We're building mosques left and right in an environment which is growing hostile day by day towards Islam and Muslims. I feel Muslims at large are in denial about the future. Allahu a'lam.
                              You are certainly right, there is some kind of delusion going here...

You definitely touched on something, Muslims have weird ideas, they think they will build their masajid and Islamic schools and start banks with shari'a finance and all will be well and they can live around the kuffar and be friends with them and the kuffar will love and tolerate Islam.

NO

Allah(swt) warned that the christians and atheists and mushrikeen, and their masters, the yahud, would never love us.

They are never going to love a Muslim woman who covers herself from head to toe and doesn't touch any non-mahram and doesn't drink and averts her gaze and disassociates from their dawah to feminism

They despise that woman! The only thing protecting Muslims in the United States right now is that hatred of Muslims is a serious issue for Republicans, so in response Liberals and Democrats are generally pro-Islam and pro-Muslim, but at the same time they love gays, alchol, drugs, zina, things made absolutely haram by this deen.

My point is that Muslims can not expect to live here in peace and establish the religion through immigration...
                              وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
                              They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Working...
                              X