Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future of Muslims in West: Are we being delusional?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of Muslims in West: Are we being delusional?

:salams
    :start:

At jumu'ah today, we had a fundraiser like we do on many Fridays. The imam who is from another masjid in my city was raising funds for a "Youth Center" they are building at their masjid. They are trying to build a swimming pool, basketball court and other things communities try to have to keep youth coming to the masjid. He was saying how back home we don't need these kind of things to get the young ones to come to the masjid as the environment is Islamic by nature compare to the West. I don't disagree with much of what he was saying however it got me thinking about few things. Some of which I have went through personally.

Many young Muslims here have stopped practicing Islam, or have completely left the religion. Do we Muslims have a future any sort of future without compromising our deen? We're building mosques left and right in an environment which is growing hostile day by day towards Islam and Muslims. I feel Muslims at large are in denial about the future. Allahu a'lam.
    اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك

Re: Future of Muslims in West: Are we being delusional?

You have touched upon a subject that Muslims are not willing to deal with. You are ABSOLUTELY correct, and the delusion is frightening.There is a clear concealed hate for us, and we are increasingly becoming targets.Yet even sheikhs and aalims can't see it. They'll say "This is one of the best places for Muslims."

I disagree.I've been saving money to leave America, because I am acutely aware of being surrounded by an incredible amount of seething concealed hatred....nobody else seems to see it.

There is a time coming where where we will openly persecuted, and nobody sees it. Instead of preparing for the coming horror, were focused on medical degrees and cars.we need to be memorizing Quran, praying more, and preparing to die.

Nobody will listen.... I'm paranoid, not living love to the finest, and "negative".say what you will.....

But the future belongs to those who prepare for it today.

Comment

Future of Muslims in West: Are we being delusional?

:wswrwb:

Your post touches upon a certain paradigm of thought which I have noticed amongst Muslims in the United States. There seems to be this underlying assumption that Muslims are here to stay, and that Islam can thrive in the West. Muslim communities here are scrambling to find different ways to make Muslims interested in Islam, especially the youth. But the truth is, Muslim communities will NEVER reach their full potential. Islam simply cannot thrive in this kind of environment. We can keep building and renovating fancy masajid, trying all kinds of strategies, but nothings going to work. Muslims are indeed deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
        You have touched upon a subject that Muslims are not willing to deal with. You are ABSOLUTELY correct, and the delusion is frightening.There is a clear concealed hate for us, and we are increasingly becoming targets.Yet even sheikhs and aalims can't see it. They'll say "This is one of the best places for Muslims."

I disagree.I've been saving money to leave America, because I am acutely aware of being surrounded by an incredible amount of seething concealed hatred....nobody else seems to see it.

There is a time coming where where we will openly persecuted, and nobody sees it. Instead of preparing for the coming horror, were focused on medical degrees and cars.we need to be memorizing Quran, praying more, and preparing to die.

Nobody will listen.... I'm paranoid, not living love to the finest, and "negative".say what you will.....

But the future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
        Yeah it makes me cringe especially when they go 'be thankful we're safe here and we can worship while Muslims in other countries do not have the same blessing'. They want to ignore everything else that is happening around us. Living in a kaafir land is not a blessing. May Allah grant us wisdom and open our eyes and keep us steadfast on our deen and grant us way out into something better.

Nothing wrong with getting medical degrees bro. You could get a job in a Muslim country if you have a degree. The problem is when many are living in some fantasy world that everything is great and we will win hearts with our wishy washy dawah.

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Your post touches upon a certain paradigm of thought which I have noticed amongst Muslims in the United States. There seems to be this underlying assumption that Muslims are here to stay, and that Islam can thrive in the West. Muslim communities here are scrambling to find different ways to make Muslims interested in Islam, especially the youth. But the truth is, Muslim communities will NEVER reach their full potential. Islam simply cannot thrive in this kind of environment. We can keep building and renovating fancy masajid, trying all kinds of strategies, but nothings going to work. Muslims are indeed deluded.
        It's just sad when you see people of knowledge and shuyookh have this mentality. I agree with you about Islam not thriving in this sort of environment. People talk about giving dawah to non-Muslims, which is fine but we're risking our own deen and deen of our kids by having that kind of mentality.
        اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك

Comment

It's a very sad state of affairs. Here in the west, Muslim youth are leaving Islam in their drones. Some are vocal about their apostasy, but there are hundreds of thousands of closet-apostates too.

I would go as far as to say that it's a crisis. What do you expect when you grow up in an environment surrounded by non-Muslims, where you question your religion and don't find the answers you're looking for? The internet is also a great tool that misguides many, many youth into disbelief.

What we need is a proper connection and education of the Qur'an once again. If we properly educate our people about the awe, beauty and grammatical perfection of the word of Allah(swt), you will see a massive change. More emphasis needs to be put into studying Arabic too, and not just mindlessly memorising Qur'an.

We think we understand Qur'an if we read an English translation... Oh man, how ignorant we are. It's sad and I feel sorry for people who fall into apostasy

Comment

Yet some Muslims will keep saying they have complete freedom of religion there.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a medical degree.There is something wrong with what is often sacrificed to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
                It's a very sad state of affairs. Here in the west, Muslim youth are leaving Islam in their drones. Some are vocal about their apostasy, but there are hundreds of thousands of closet-apostates too.

I would go as far as to say that it's a crisis. What do you expect when you grow up in an environment surrounded by non-Muslims, where you question your religion and don't find the answers you're looking for? The internet is also a great tool that misguides many, many youth into disbelief.

What we need is a proper connection and education of the Qur'an once again. If we properly educate our people about the awe, beauty and grammatical perfection of the word of Allah(swt), you will see a massive change. More emphasis needs to be put into studying Arabic too, and not just mindlessly memorising Qur'an.

We think we understand Qur'an if we read an English translation... Oh man, how ignorant we are. It's sad and I feel sorry for people who fall into apostasy
                Click play on the video.. http://www.bayyinah.tv/sp/9942-bayyinah-tv

Comment

I completely understand what you mean akhi and I agree with the idea that there are Muslims in denial. I don't know how long it's gonna take for a generation of younger Muslims like mine to realise that we are simply not welcome here. No matter how much they attempt to assimilate.

However I'd put some blame on the parents who deliberately chose to give up their lives in Muslims countries and come to live here under the notion (like many of said) that their kids go on to become doctors, engineers etc etc and that the healthcare + education is free (Here in the UK anyway). Brainwashed is the best word to describe it.

The point you made about younger Muslims not practicing Islam is something that I have witnessed overtime. I've seen and lost friends who encouraged me to practice Islam more :( yet a few years later they're doing many haram things and are completely abandoning Islam.

In a World where there is an increase in the level of hatred towards Muslims in the West, I don't feel safe and certainly not welcomed here at all especially in the past 2 to 3 years where the hatred towards us has increased significantly. I have no intention or a future to look forward to, which will convince me to remain in the west. Truth be told, I'd rather be in my parents homeland.

Comment

Originally posted by ابن مرة View Post
                    :start:

At jumu'ah today, we had a fundraiser like we do on many Fridays. The imam who is from another masjid in my city was raising funds for a "Youth Center" they are building at their masjid. They are trying to build a swimming pool, basketball court and other things communities try to have to keep youth coming to the masjid. He was saying how back home we don't need these kind of things to get the young ones to come to the masjid as the environment is Islamic by nature compare to the West. I don't disagree with much of what he was saying however it got me thinking about few things. Some of which I have went through personally.

Many young Muslims here have stopped practicing Islam, or have completely left the religion. Do we Muslims have a future any sort of future without compromising our deen? We're building mosques left and right in an environment which is growing hostile day by day towards Islam and Muslims. I feel Muslims at large are in denial about the future. Allahu a'lam.
                    I don't disagree with you, however, the situation in most Muslim countries is not much better. When the Imam said that we don't need these things to attract the youth to the masajid in our Muslim countries, he was wrong. In many Muslim countries you will find the youth sitting in cafes and hookah lounges or similar places as the prayer is going on in the masjid down the street. On the other hand, I have also seen many youth attending the masajid regularly in Muslim countries as well as in the West.

The main issue for me is one of being part of the majority or being a minority. Muslims in America are starting to develop a minority mindset as the generations get farther away from the immigrant generation which came with a majority mentality. For that reason alone, I would prefer to raise my kids in a Muslim country. Otherwise many of the challenges are the same. Sure, most haram things are more underground in Muslim countries for the most part, but they are still present and accessible.

Comment

I completely agree !

Most Muslims really are in denial ! Most Muslims I met overestimate the humanity of Europeans and their own security and perspective here in Europe exponentially. They are also blinded by statistics easily, such as the number of "Muslims" worldwide and here in Europe. Personally, I think our days are numbered, at least here in Europe. Our youth will increasingly lose their faith through various means and/or stop practicing Islam which is fine for Europe too and it's only a matter of time when the incredible hatred of Europeans for Islam will manifest itself into (more) violence.

I'm currently looking for a way out of Germany and leave for a muslim majority country and I would advise for everyone who lives in other European countries to do the same. Of course this is just a well-intentioned advice from a brother. If you think I'm just stupid and/or Europe is fine as it is then stay.

Comment

As brother [MENTION=64023]abdulsidd[/MENTION] said, there aren't many Muslim countries that are better then were people presently live and I've heard this from many who live in those countries for many of us who don't live there we think that it is. When I was younger I use to think Pakistan is this nice clean place, no free-mixing, not drinking, no one committing zina, people keeping to themselves, etc. Boy was I ever wrong when I went there. Also how many of these country implant sharia there? Even if you find a proper country and a proper city in that country that still leaves the question will that country accept millions of Muslim who would migrate there? So, this still leaves many Muslims stuck in the West no matter what.

The example of these hostile environments, hostility towards Muslims is in the Qu'ran and the Prophet (pbuh) and the Muslim lived in these same environment when Islam first came, they were killed, tortured, prosecuted, harassed and so forth, but they prevailed at the end.

So, the questions should be how do we fix this? How do we bring the youth to the masjid? How do we help Muslims today? How do we spread Islam? In today day in and age I still say this Muslim are their own enemies you can blame the disbeliever, but their is a disease among the Muslim, either cultural, either western, either extreme, these expectation people set up on some people, without taking into considering people are different and handle things differently as well as develop differently. There is a reason why in the Qu'ran, Allah (swt) says, "Mankind is to haste". We expect result quickly, we expect Muslim to understand everything quickly and change quickly, etc. which isn't going to happen. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, mant non-Muslim find away here, I refuse to believe Muslim can't.

One thing I like to do is I like to sit with reverts and ask them about their lives, what bought them to Islam, I like to set with some Muslim who are far away and like to see their point of view of this world Islam, etc.Which helps me understand things, as well as helps me to try and help them in anyway possible.

The thing is there is so many problems, not just one thing, but many things that effect us in this world.

Comment

what do you like expect those Muslims in the west to do? pack their bags and live in a Muslim country? lol. good luck getting a visa let alone residency. most Muslims stay in the west because they have no where else to go.

Comment

Personally, I don't see a problem.

If someone's environment is bad for them and taking them away from Islam, then man-up and move. But people are delusional if they think there is a magical spot in the World where everything is hunky-dory.

This is the nature of this dunya. What are people expecting?

Build your own imaan, pray, watch your company, build strong links with family/friends and call to good in a pleasant manner. There are many that make the best out of a bad situation and are great ambassadors for the religion. If that's not for you, or you are worried about x, y and z which is fair enough, then take steps to move.

I accept a European country will never truly be home for a brown or black skinned Muslim, but deep down we all know that. Our parents were economic migrants. Allah bless their efforts for bringing the deen to Europe.

Comment

I think this is hyperbole. there arent hundreds of thosands of closet atheists !

even if there are its there loss. At the same time islam seems to get stronger and stronger there.

In fact the USA seems like one of the best places to be a muslim in the west as you can set up masjid and schools pretty easily over there

also it has hundreds of thousands of reverts esp in the african american community.

Comment

Working...
                              X