Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money does a married couple need to make ends meet in atlanta, ga?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibzy
    replied
    Re: How much money does a married couple need to make ends meet in atlanta, ga?

No idea

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
    Aren't you in NYC [MENTION=70446]Mirror[/MENTION]? That rent is incomprehensible!

I was in Brooklyn for a few years and at the time, we paid about $660 for a crappy studio and then around $1250 for a 1bd/1ba. The 2bd/2ba I was referencing to was right outside Philadelphia. The northeast in general is crazy expensive.
    Yeah, it's even worse now, actually. That's why I wanna move out of the city, but still be close enough to get here by train.

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
    Lol im thinking about the area around where Emory is, like Druid Hills and Buckhead
    Druid hills used to garbage 5 years ago...........so much can change in 5 years. even white people are moving back in lol

Leave a comment:

• Abd al-Rahman
    replied

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
    where you talking about? you can find 1,2k 3bd 2ba in snellville, lilburn
    Lol im thinking about the area around where Emory is, like Druid Hills and Buckhead

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

Aren't you in NYC [MENTION=70446]Mirror[/MENTION]? That rent is incomprehensible!

I was in Brooklyn for a few years and at the time, we paid about $660 for a crappy studio and then around $1250 for a 1bd/1ba. The 2bd/2ba I was referencing to was right outside Philadelphia. The northeast in general is crazy expensive.
    that is some white collar crime right there.....

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
    That's if he gets a small apartment, if he wants more space than a tiny 1 bed 1 bath in the suburbs it'd be closer to 2,500 a month
    where you talking about? you can find 1,2k 3bd 2ba in snellville, lilburn

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    OP, check this out: http://livingwage.mit.edu/metros/12060

Though, as I said previously, you're not even in college yet and you are worrying about things that are not coming for several years. You seriously need to focus on the present and stop worrying about this girl or that girl and marriage right now. You're not ready.

Where do you guys live? Those numbers are unreal.

I'd be blessed to find a 1bd/1ba for $1500/month. Insanely expensive here. You'll get a normal studio here for $1300...

Leave a comment:

• Abd al-Rahman
    replied

housing in the suburbs are $50,000 buy and if you want to rent it would cost $1,200 a month. so you would want minimum $40,000 salary to have a basic life with maybe some left over for vacations.

i don't think people would move just because you make money, hell you wouldn't want to marry such people.
    That's if he gets a small apartment, if he wants more space than a tiny 1 bed 1 bath in the suburbs it'd be closer to 2,500 a month

Leave a comment:

• Abd al-Rahman
    replied

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    I want to know how much money I need to support me and my future wife, here in Atlanta, USA.....
    I'd say at least 45,000 a year if you want an acceptable standard of living...

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

I'd be blessed to find a 1bd/1ba for $1500/month. Insanely expensive here. You'll get a normal studio here for $1300...
    not London.....Atlanta. You guys got the same problem as a lot of major cities in Canada. rich Chinese people are moving in and making the prices skyrocket.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

OP, check this out: http://livingwage.mit.edu/metros/12060

Though, as I said previously, you're not even in college yet and you are worrying about things that are not coming for several years. You seriously need to focus on the present and stop worrying about this girl or that girl and marriage right now. You're not ready.

what? in my area its 1,2k for 3bds/2ba
    I'm saying this from a place of where we spent around $1550 for 2bd/2ba a month. Hence my amazement lol

Last edited by .mirror.; 29-06-16, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bint Radical
    replied

It's better to have patience and taqwa then to force yourself doing all these things just to make ends meet. If you can't provide, taqwa is better for you.

You should look into the average cost of living in your area. You would need $1,000 to 1,500 just on rent. Then there is buying and marinating a car along with insurance, utility costs, etc. Not to mention that women are needy. It will take a very pious woman who wants to marry a man your age who is struggling to make ends meet. That's love right there.

May Allah bestow on you whatever good you need, ameen

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

100% American. lol
    Straight outta PHILLY! Lol

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

True. It's all about the school district, all day erry day.
    100% American. lol

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

what? in my area its 1,2k for 3bds/2ba

but in reality, you can find really cheap apartments just outside the ghettos and other sketchy area. if you want a cheap apartment find the crap school districts. if you don't have kids, its all good and you save alot. and if you don't miss with people they usually won't bother you.
    True. It's all about the school district, all day erry day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X