Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money does a married couple need to make ends meet in atlanta, ga?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much money does a married couple need to make ends meet in atlanta, ga?

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
    you just showed me a link to the alumni salaries....meaning those who have graduated and found work...also, read this....http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...sistant/Salary

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
      you just showed me a link to the alumni salaries....meaning those who have graduated and found work...also, read this....http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...sistant/Salary
      i thought you ment getting work outside the school. Also why would you want to work for such a low salary when you can earn more?
      [MENTION=124047]Abd al-Rahman[/MENTION]- can you help this man?

Comment

i thought you ment getting work outside the school. Also why would you want to work for such a low salary when you can earn more?
        [MENTION=124047]Abd al-Rahman[/MENTION]- can you help this man?
        because I want to get a master's or PhD since the major I am considering requires at least a master's degree, and id prefer to have a PhD

Comment

because I want to get a master's or PhD since the major I am considering requires at least a master's degree, and id prefer to have a PhD
          $27,000.....that is really low for a family.

Comment

$27,000.....that is really low for a family.
            I don't plan on having kids until I get a job with my PhD.....would 27,000 be enough to support a husband and wife? I presume by family you mean kids included?

Comment

I don't plan on having kids until I get a job with my PhD.....would 27,000 be enough to support a husband and wife? I presume by family you mean kids included?
              $14,000 will be spent on rent per year in a decent neighbourhood, plus car insurance, etc.2, no it would not be enough for two people. 27k is good for one person.

Comment

$14,000 will be spent on rent per year in a decent neighbourhood, plus car insurance, etc.2, no it would not be enough for two people. 27k is good for one person.
                what if lived in my mother's house? what if I had my wife work? what if I worked extra on the summers?

Comment

what if lived in my mother's house? what if I had my wife work? what if I worked extra on the summers?
                  do you really need me to answer those questions? also you're forgetting taxes. anything below 35k in and around atlanta you will struggle.

also it is getting late so sorry gotta go sleep.

Comment

you would save thousands. also, if you don't have kids, it's really not that much of a problem. Memorial is a stretch of road that has a bunch of $400 2 bed apartments. it isn't the ghetto but it is some-what outside it.
                    $400 for 2bd apartments?? That's the dream right there.
                    Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
                      $400 for 2bd apartments?? That's the dream right there.
                      you can find 3 bd apartments for $500 and much cheaper, but you have to give up some safety for that.

Comment

you can find 3 bd apartments for $500 and much cheaper, but you have to give up some safety for that.
                        Wow! I see. That makes sense about the safety thing.

I'm saying this from a place of where we spent around $1550 for 2bd/2ba a month. Hence my amazement lol

Comment

Wow! I see. That makes sense about the safety thing.

I'm saying this from a place of where we spent around $1550 for 2bd/2ba a month. Hence my amazement lol
                          what? in my area its 1,2k for 3bds/2ba

but in reality, you can find really cheap apartments just outside the ghettos and other sketchy area. if you want a cheap apartment find the crap school districts. if you don't have kids, its all good and you save alot. and if you don't miss with people they usually won't bother you.

Comment

what? in my area its 1,2k for 3bds/2ba

but in reality, you can find really cheap apartments just outside the ghettos and other sketchy area. if you want a cheap apartment find the crap school districts. if you don't have kids, its all good and you save alot. and if you don't miss with people they usually won't bother you.
                            True. It's all about the school district, all day erry day.

Comment

True. It's all about the school district, all day erry day.
                              100% American. lol

Comment

100% American. lol
                                Straight outta PHILLY! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X